News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Turn 2 at Blackhawk

Started by cshaffer66, July 25, 2011, 11:16:06 AM

twilkinson3

There is that option, I know on the sv turn 2 is a wot turn at a fairly good speed (4th or 5th gear I forget)

cshaffer66

I would be down for a Road America chicane right there, or something to change the layout, but I don't know if there is room.
Team Squid Racing

Sobottka

Quote from: twilkinson3 on July 25, 2011, 04:49:16 PM
There is that option, I know on the sv turn 2 is a wot turn at a fairly good speed (4th or 5th gear I forget)
...on a 600 too, if you do it right. my gps has me at 108 (on my r6) in the end of that turn and about 103 at the apex
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

Germany

even the goofball duckling made it into the tripple digits at that spot, which amazed and scared me at the same time...

motox64

Quote from: SV88 on July 25, 2011, 03:54:58 PM
Sheesh I'm really glad the injuries were not life threatening although at the time I'm sure the ambulance staff erred on the side of caution.   
Does anyone know who's bike was leaking oil & how it got onto the track?  That is really the root cause of the whole incident.  Now T2 is undoubtably the worst place to crash except maybe for the short straight up to the bus stop.
It was Travis' bike. Must have put a hole in the oil pan or something during the race. Didnt see any holes in the engine case when I took a look and it sounded just fine coming around turn one. Its a very well taken care of bike but some things just happen. as far as I could see, he was only debris-flagged once (at turn one) before the crash.

either way, Im glad all riders involved are okay.
Tyler Gulden
MW #164

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote from: motox64 on July 25, 2011, 10:58:48 PM
It was Travis' bike. Must have put a hole in the oil pan or something during the race. Didnt see any holes in the engine case when I took a look and it sounded just fine coming around turn one. Its a very well taken care of bike but some things just happen. as far as I could see, he was only debris-flagged once (at turn one) before the crash.

either way, Im glad all riders involved are okay.

Actually they flagged him at T7 first, then the tower and then T1. Unfortunately sometimes racers dont see it even when its literally put in their face. They noticed his bike starting to smoke a bit around T5 or T6. Cant remember which. It blew going down the front straight.

Its glad to hear everyone involved will be OK.

Supergirl, the reason T2 is unmanned is we just dont have enough workers. If anyone has a friend or family member who you think would like to help out, please send them our way.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

IFMracing

Quote from: Germany on July 25, 2011, 09:26:19 PM
even the goofball duckling made it into the tripple digits at that spot, which amazed and scared me at the same time...

Really, I had no idea it was that fast.....wow.   (the corner, not your bike)
GP AM CCS #28 ASRA #128
I.F.M. Racing

kawtipping

I have put a bike (and myself) into the tire wall (year before the airfence ::) ).  It sucks to crash there!  Some sort of Chicane would be nice, but then again it would probably cost less to just fix the runoff area.
Moto Union - Ducati & MV Agusta of Milwaukee

Who wants a pasta ride?

Sobottka

Quote from: Sobottka on July 25, 2011, 07:16:41 PM
...on a 600 too, if you do it right. my gps has me at 108 (on my r6) in the end of that turn and about 103 at the apex
just checked a different lap and it had me at 111mph from the apex to the brake zone. i wonder what the fast guys are doing there! 
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

sidepipe79

Quote from: twilkinson3 on July 25, 2011, 12:10:50 PM
Which race?  I hope the folk(s) involved are ok, saw the airfence go flying in the air earlier in the day as well, GTlights race.
Well I was the guy that met the fence in the GTL race. I hit hard and ended up with 3 broken ribs.

Here is my bike. I thankfully look better.

spyderchick

Glad to hear you're mostly okay.

BTW, the bike will buff out.

Heal up quick! Broken ribs blow chunks.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

George_Linhart

Wow - that is one heck of a bad place to go down...  It is one of the reasons that I rarely make the trip to race at BHF, there are a couple of places at that track that just make me very uncomfortable when I try to put on the race face.

George