Turn 2 at Blackhawk

Started by cshaffer66, July 25, 2011, 11:16:06 AM

Fast Eddy

Yep fast turn to be sure.

Hope everyone makes a good recovery.

I fell in the heat before this and am pretty sore but will be fine.

Praying for fast recoveries for all. There was a lot of people between sat/sun. Heal fast everyone.
Ed (AKA Dirt nap) CCS #102
http://www.southeastsales.com/
The liver is evil and must be punished!
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote from: sidepipe79 on July 26, 2011, 02:00:55 PM
Well I was the guy that met the fence in the GTL race. I hit hard and ended up with 3 broken ribs.

That was a fun one to pick up. Looked fine on it side and when we went to pick it up, it did its own impersonation of an OCC chopper. A new frame and you'll be ready to go once your ribs heal.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

SV88

Someone needs to post up Garner's 600R.  Broken forks @ the base.  Never seen an sv with a broken frame although I've certainly tried.
Well survived the BHF weekend to take a bad spill at Okemo Hills MCCCT in Mi last night.  High sided on a sandy corner that came out of nowhere.  Slammed to the ground with my left hip and shoulder taking the beating.  Lucky to have landed on sand next to rocks, roots and wood.  Feeling my 49 yrs today.  crf250r just shrugged it off!
Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881

twilkinson3

Hey sidepipe - if/when you get around to putting the toy back together I might be able to help you out on the frame - pretty sure I still have one sitting in my garage....

Andi

Quote from: SV88 on July 27, 2011, 02:21:34 PM
Someone needs to post up Garner's 600R.  Broken forks @ the base.  Never seen an sv with a broken frame although I've certainly tried.
Well survived the BHF weekend to take a bad spill at Okemo Hills MCCCT in Mi last night.  High sided on a sandy corner that came out of nowhere.  Slammed to the ground with my left hip and shoulder taking the beating.  Lucky to have landed on sand next to rocks, roots and wood.  Feeling my 49 yrs today.  crf250r just shrugged it off!

gkotlin

Can we not ruin the track by talking about putting in a chicane.  Thats the worse part of Autobahn South.  Two stupid chicanes.

Design a couple corners that you have to slow down for.  Maybe something more then 90 degrees that actually has the option for different lines.   Something to actually improve the track, not just a bandaid chicane to slow people down.  We have more imagination then just tossing in another bus stop.
Greg K.
CCS MW Expert # 12
2000 SV 650 - 1989 FZR 400
Vinylsaurusrex.com - Cyclepath Racing - Safety First Racing - STT

Mike829

Greg, that is an excellent point!  we already have a bus stop, so either move the armco back and put a gravel trap in or put more of an "S" in so the track can keep some 'flow'.  i hope they just move it back, i kinda like the fast turn 2, you can always go a little faster there, makes racing exciting with passing there too.
Mike #829EX
Madison Sportbikes Racing

F2RGK

Turn two needs that pothole fixed on that left corner,...seen alot guyz hit that...ouch.  Private property is private property, don't know about wetland rules? 
If you're not Smilin' while you're ridin', then QUIT!

HAWK

Wetland rules trump ALL.

I personally like turn 2 as it is, is it spooky? Yes. Is it fast? Yes. Is it dangerous? What corner at Blackhawk, or any race track for that matter, isn't? I know some guys have had some pretty horrendous crashes there but I've seen 2 ambulances roll for one crash at turn 1, and turn 7. I've seen a bike clear the entire tire wall at turn 4. And I've only been at this a couple years. There is nothing safe about riding a motorcycle at it's limit to try and beat the next guy or gal doing the same thing to the finish line. Racing is all about minimizing the risk to a level that you can tolerate. That might mean backing it down a notch in 2.
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

Woofentino Pugrossi

Hell Paul, I seen 2 helicopters for one crash in T1 there.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Medicated

I am a newbie and was there when the accident happened. I have an idea that is cost effective, will keep the track layout the way it is and not require any damage to the property. How about removing the guard rail, bury the open ends in the dirt, install a 10 foot high mesh catch fence like they use for downhill ski racing and have the airfence in front of it secured to the fence or a cable thru the back so they stay in place in case multiple bikes are involved. This would greatly absorb the impact and keep the rider from playing Tarzan in the woods if they have a get off in 2. Just an idea

Medicated

:banghead:  Sry my bad......this would work awesome for the bikes but I forgot they also run cars at the track too.  :whine: