News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Question for CCS people re Jenning GP

Started by funksouljon, April 22, 2003, 12:26:19 AM

funksouljon

My understanding is that all the races in the state of FL were put under the umbrella of Henry D's Florida region.
My question for CCS is, is there a possibility of swapping back and forth for the region who has "home field"? And by that I mean, when it is a combined weekend, why not make it a Fl weekend then a SE weekend then FL etc?
When we go to Roebling the same thing could be done. The only difference for a combined SE and Mid-Atlantic region is who wears the loser X badge on the number plates. <g> However, at Jennings the change is not so simple. I understand Henry D prefers the practice on Sat and race on Sunday format, and that is fine if it works for them. However, I know many people who prefer it the way the rest of the local regions run things.
I am NOT flaming or busting Henry's chops, etc for running his region the way he wants. He runs his region the way he sees fit. His prerogative.
I am asking CCS if there is room for change so everyone gets a little of what they want? After all, it is only 20 miles to GA.

MightyDuc Racing

If you pay my salary that I lose taking the extra day off work, I'm cool with that. :)
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

MightyDuc Racing

By the way...who wears the "X" at Jennings, Florida or SE?  I saw that there's a AM #944 in the SE too.
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

Chewy

Hi there fellow ducster.  Normally the SE guys will wear the X as we are the visitors.

MightyDuc Racing

Thanks Chewy.  What day are you heading there?  I'll be there Friday afternoon.  I'm guessing some time around 1:30 or 2:00 depending on traffic through the Tampa area.  Leaving here at about 7:30.
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

Chewy

I still have not decided if I am gonna make that round or not.  If I do we will be down on Friday night.

MightyDuc Racing

Be sure to come and find me and say hi if you do decide to come.  I'll have a white trailer with F&S Racing on the side and a red Durango.
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

MightyDuc Racing

Hey Jon...I checked out your website.  Great video page and overall cool site.  I especially like the bodywork flying off on the front stretch of VIR video.  Woops!   Thanks! :)
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

Kevin_Norris

Does anyone know the schedule of events for Jennings ? I'm a Fla region virgin. I am assuming no open practice on Friday. Is the official events schedule posted anywhere ?  Thanx

Kevin_Norris

Can i run as an amature, since i've never run in Henry's Fla region ?

Dawn

QuoteCan i run as an amature, since i've never run in Henry's Fla region ?

Kevin:

If you are an amatuer in one region, you will be an amatuer in another.  However, the same goes for the Expert status...

Dawn   :)

MightyDuc Racing

CCS AM/EX status doesn't change from region to region...lol.  There is a Friday practice session being held by Jennings staff for $100.  See this thread for other race weekend info.
http://www.racemotorcycles.com/cgi-bin/board/YaBB.pl?board=ccs1;action=display;num=1050934445
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors: