News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Question for CCS people re Jenning GP

Started by funksouljon, April 22, 2003, 12:26:19 AM

MightyDuc Racing

If you only knew how badly I want to come up...money sucks. :(  I unfortunately work in a business that was largely affected by the war thing.  Starting to pick back up finally, but probably too late to save my savings account in time for that round.  I definitely plan to get up there to at least one of your races next season, and will look forward to meeting ya'll at the ROC!
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

MightyDuc Racing

How long of a drive is it for you, out of curiosity.  I'm going a little under 6 hours for it.  I look at it as a cheap track day and then a kick ass day of racing. :)
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

MightyDuc Racing

And don't forget what a sweet track Jennings is...no cars, remember! ;D
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

TreyBone

MightyDuc said - And don't forget what a sweet track Jennings is...no cars, remember!

Amen to that brother :o I wish they would repave Roebling so bad I can't stand it. It is getting to the point now where I think they will have to do it soon.

MightyDuc Racing

Is the pavement there really as bad as it looks on your video? :o  Looks pretty bad.  At first I thought it was bad tape or something, but then I noticed all the lines in the same spot lap after lap. ;D
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

badmonkey

Do you want to touch my Monkey?

MightyDuc Racing

Florida kind of sucks as far as traveling goes.  It takes me 5.5 hours just to get out of the state. :(
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

RacerX15

Let me start by saying I have raced in both regions and have traveled just as far as the next guy. Both formats have there pros and cons. Both Henry and CCS corporate do all they can to make sure most are satisfied with their weekend. Henry Being a former racer himself knows too well what this sport is lacking and that is spectators. He asks our opinions of changes to the schedules and so on all to increase the appeal to the fans who come to watch his events. I agree, I too sometimes would like a 30 minute race but to split racing into two days is harder to get fans or even potential rider sponsors to come out. On Sunday it is more than just race day it is a show for the spectators. As the rider that also makes you feel more like a pro and not just a club racer which is why he chooses not to pay "Ametuers" and only Experts. Infact back in the day you had to be an Expert to ride anything more than a 750cc bike. In my 6 years racing I can only remember one time Henry shortened races he will not do it unless absolutely necessary. What he does do at EVERY race is recognize the achievment of the top five places in each race at the end of every weekend. Starting with the podium of the Expert Unlimited GP or as we call it the "Shootout". Just like the pros do it with bottles of champaign and interviews of the top three. Which is awesome for the riders as well as the spectators. That is alot more fun than picking up your award at the Tech Shed in other regions. So you see it is not all bad here in sunny FL. But if you don't like FL races or just don't like Henry you can stay home the money he won't get from you he will get from all the people that come to watch us. See ya at the track.

DMC#15EX

MELK-MAN

QuoteLet me start by saying I have raced in both regions and have traveled just as far as the next guy. Both formats have there pros and cons. Both Henry and CCS corporate do all they can to make sure most are satisfied with their weekend. Henry Being a former racer himself knows too well what this sport is lacking and that is spectators. He asks our opinions of changes to the schedules and so on all to increase the appeal to the fans who come to watch his events. I agree, I too sometimes would like a 30 minute race but to split racing into two days is harder to get fans or even potential rider sponsors to come out. On Sunday it is more than just race day it is a show for the spectators. As the rider that also makes you feel more like a pro and not just a club racer which is why he chooses not to pay "Ametuers" and only Experts. Infact back in the day you had to be an Expert to ride anything more than a 750cc bike. In my 6 years racing I can only remember one time Henry shortened races he will not do it unless absolutely necessary. What he does do at EVERY race is recognize the achievment of the top five places in each race at the end of every weekend. Starting with the podium of the Expert Unlimited GP or as we call it the "Shootout". Just like the pros do it with bottles of champaign and interviews of the top three. Which is awesome for the riders as well as the spectators. That is alot more fun than picking up your award at the Tech Shed in other regions. So you see it is not all bad here in sunny FL. But if you don't like FL races or just don't like Henry you can stay home the money he won't get from you he will get from all the people that come to watch us. See ya at the track.

DMC#15EX

absolutly.. the fans come to watch. This is a big part of the reason we are there. I also really like the podium thing. Im familiar with the "picking up your trophy at the shed" from when i was racing dirt bikes. no recognition at all. Maybe its my ego but i am sure im not alone when i say i too really like getting up there and getting recognized for a race well ran.
Do other racing organizations do this????
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

james-redsv

The track at Roebling is not that bad, these guys saying it needs repaving are a bunch of whinners. ;D

brian_gordon

Robeling is in similar condition to moroso, both need repaving. Rumor has it that robeling will be shut down for a few mos next summer for repaving

TreyBone

I sure hope that rumor is true.  It seems to me (not that I'm an expert in running a track or paving) that you would repave during the winter months when the track is less occupied or rented out.