News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

A Question for the CCS Racer

Started by CCS, September 07, 2010, 01:57:20 PM

Are you willing to purchase a personal transponder?

Yes
54 (46.6%)
No
62 (53.4%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Voting closed: September 28, 2010, 01:57:20 PM

vale46

I'm sorry if I missed it but don't have time to read all eleven pages, if we are going to the amb system and are required to buy a transponder can't the almighty CCS work out a deal with amb so we don't have to buy them for list price. With that many people buying them you think we could get them at a reduced rate.
CCS #58
2008 Sponsors Burke Engineering, Lithium Motorsports, Monster Energy, Iowa City Motorsports, Vortex,  Leo Vince
Lockhart Phillips, Pirelli

vnvbandit

Once peeps buy that transponder, with there be any brand loyalty? Let's see, drive 300 miles to a CCS race or race the local WERA race? Many CCS racers don't race WERA because of the transponder purchase / rental costs. Seems like WERA is going to get the better of this bargain.
~Brian
CCS FL 68
ASRA 68
Thanks
Nancy&Patrick

MACOP1104

Quote from: vnvbandit on September 22, 2010, 01:20:32 PM
Once peeps buy that transponder, with there be any brand loyalty? Let's see, drive 300 miles to a CCS race or race the local WERA race? Many CCS racers don't race WERA because of the transponder purchase / rental costs. Seems like WERA is going to get the better of this bargain.

So you spend how much in fuel to avoid the rental fee for a transponder with WERA? 

Jason748

Quote from: vale46 on September 22, 2010, 11:58:38 AM
I'm sorry if I missed it but don't have time to read all eleven pages, if we are going to the amb system and are required to buy a transponder can't the almighty CCS work out a deal with amb so we don't have to buy them for list price. With that many people buying them you think we could get them at a reduced rate.

Yes - Keven wrote the following:

Quote from: CCS on September 13, 2010, 11:40:19 AM
If we go to the personal transponder system, the initial 30 to 45 days would have a discount on the units, probably in the $30 to $40 range, I haven't got that down exactly yet since we have not committed to changing systems.
CCS MW/GP #82 am
CRA #82 am
07 CBR600RR
Two Brothers Powersports, Lithium Motorsports, RoadRacePrep.com

vnvbandit

Quote from: MACOP1104 on September 22, 2010, 01:48:08 PM
So you spend how much in fuel to avoid the rental fee for a transponder with WERA? 

Nope, I race CCS cause I want to.   :boink:

Not tempted to race WERA cause I don't want to ...............  :spank:
~Brian
CCS FL 68
ASRA 68
Thanks
Nancy&Patrick

Sobottka

Quote from: vnvbandit on September 22, 2010, 01:20:32 PM
really? a $40 transponder rental fee stops people from racing wera? ...this i seriously doubt.
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

vnvbandit

Quote from: Sobottka on September 22, 2010, 03:59:11 PM
really? a $40 transponder rental fee stops people from racing wera? ...this i seriously doubt.

I hear many guys say they went the CCS route at the beginning of their racing to cut costs. Been here a while, so it will not stop me, new comers??? I went CCS because my son races CCS and Daytona. If he was racing WERA, then I would have started there.
~Brian
CCS FL 68
ASRA 68
Thanks
Nancy&Patrick

MACOP1104

I race whichever organization is at VIR, CMP, or Roebling because those are the closest tracks to me.  For 2011,  I'll probably do all the CCS regional races and then the WERA races at CMP and VIR.  Nothing for certain until the 2011 schedules come out.

mattg

will I get my $10 back on my little man bag I bought this year?

:lmao:

GSXR RACER MIKE

Quote from: mattg on September 24, 2010, 05:19:11 PM
You can put your cell phone in there now!  :biggrin:
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

vnvbandit

Quote from: mattg on September 24, 2010, 05:19:11 PM

:lmao:

You can start smoking and put your cigs there!
~Brian
CCS FL 68
ASRA 68
Thanks
Nancy&Patrick

HAWK

Quote from: GSXR RACER MIKE on September 25, 2010, 10:32:16 AM
You can put your cell phone in there now!  :biggrin:

Great, how I have to watch out for texters on the track too.
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413