pisses me off
7 (25.9%)
really pisses me off
15 (55.6%)
don't care because i sold my Sv and moved to MW
3 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Ducmarc

no that would be changing the rules to help one perticular bike making and old bike competive with a new one is not acceptable      unless it's a suzuki     you got twelve bikes sell half and buy a new one   or build it anyway and don't tell anyone like eveyone else does.  you going to ride ROC     i'm thinking about going for one of those tainted cups on a bike that should be illegal   what you think?

roadracer162

I like it. I must ride the ROC especially because it is in the backyard(100 miles). Even if I sold all my bikes I wouldn't be able to afford that Bimota. maybe I can afford your Ducati 748? You gonna let me ride it in October for Moroso and ROC? How much to rent it?
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

scubabill

Quote from: majicMARKer on August 19, 2010, 08:31:40 PM
I like it. I must ride the ROC especially because it is in the backyard(100 miles). Even if I sold all my bikes I wouldn't be able to afford that Bimota. maybe I can afford your Ducati 748? You gonna let me ride it in October for Moroso and ROC? How much to rent it?

How about a buy-out clause. Say somewhere in the neighborhood of $12-15g.
Maybe a minimum combined weight at around #550.

Gino230

Quote from: scubabill on August 19, 2010, 10:05:06 PM
How about a buy-out clause. Say somewhere in the neighborhood of $12-15g.
Maybe a minimum combined weight at around #550.

Claiming Rules!

Now THAT is a good idea. How would you set the max, though? $20K? I spent $14 putting together my SS legal 1000DS....you can't even buy a Bimota for under $35K....
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

MACOP1104

No more superbike in ULWSB for me.  My SBK is getting punched out 2mm to a 677 so I'll be on my SS bike for now on. 

roadracer162

Quote from: MACOP1104 on August 22, 2010, 11:16:17 PM
No more superbike in ULWSB for me.  My SBK is getting punched out 2mm to a 677 so I'll be on my SS bike for now on. 

There are a few quite fast SS SV's out there. I know of one claiming 84hp and I believe it. There are others out there I am sure that have more so you won't be terribly way off in performance for Ultralight.

I seem to be the only Ducati 800 rider on the grids  in Ultralight. Don't tell me it's cost because the guys that are on the SV that I am racing and competitive with has spent the same amount if not more on their SS legal SV.

The stock Duc 900 from what I can tell on the track is faster than my 800 but not by much.

I guess the decision must be made whether the rules are fixed or if the rules are subject to amendment. We talk about how participation has gone down. If the only way for a rider to be competitive is to buy a new bike every 2 seasons then we will most likely lose even more of the grid. Should the rules be based on the current crop of bikes that are available? Or should concessions be made for older slightly less competitive bikes?
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

MACOP1104

Quote from: majicMARKer on August 23, 2010, 08:10:10 AM
There are a few quite fast SS SV's out there. I know of one claiming 84hp and I believe it. There are others out there I am sure that have more so you won't be terribly way off in performance for Ultralight.

I seem to be the only Ducati 800 rider on the grids  in Ultralight. Don't tell me it's cost because the guys that are on the SV that I am racing and competitive with has spent the same amount if not more on their SS legal SV.

The stock Duc 900 from what I can tell on the track is faster than my 800 but not by much.

I guess the decision must be made whether the rules are fixed or if the rules are subject to amendment. We talk about how participation has gone down. If the only way for a rider to be competitive is to buy a new bike every 2 seasons then we will most likely lose even more of the grid. Should the rules be based on the current crop of bikes that are available? Or should concessions be made for older slightly less competitive bikes?

My SS SV has over 1.5 seasons on a stock motor.  It's tired right  now.  it will get fresheed up this winter.  80-82hp is not hard out of a second gen SV SS legal.  Leo pipe, mill the head, good valve job, and oxy fuel. 
I had a 95 Duc 900SS and it was a beast.  Flat slides , hi comp 944 pistons, cams, carillo rods, etc.   IMO, too much motor for ULWSB.  Your 900SS would have to have limited mods.  What do you suggest?

roadracer162

certainly the 900 with a 944 kit is way too much for Ultralight-agreed. I do think that stock 900 maybe with flaslides and stock piston would be a good addition to Ultralight but maybe not.

I can only go by what I have achieved on the Ducati 800. Mine produces 87rwhp on a Superflow dyno. I guess you could say it is a mild build with a stock bottom end and high comp pistons. It seems to me the 1st gen SV with 80hp claimed and the 84hp 2nd gen runs stronger than the Duc 800. I can darft them but once I pull out and get beside them the SV starts to pull.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

twilkinson3

I wish my 1st gen made 80rwhp....btw last I checked for SS you can't port/mill/work the head, not that anyone could really tell per se but seriously I've got a gen1 sv BMC race filter, yosh race exhaust system propery jetted etc....it's a bit tired but it's maybe making 75 on pump gas...add race fuel maybe 78, tweak a few other things (ignition advance for instance) and I might get to 80

and that's a ss legal sv - shrug

MACOP1104

Quote from: twilkinson3 on August 23, 2010, 10:27:43 AM
I wish my 1st gen made 80rwhp....btw last I checked for SS you can't port/mill/work the head, not that anyone could really tell per se but seriously I've got a gen1 sv BMC race filter, yosh race exhaust system propery jetted etc....it's a bit tired but it's maybe making 75 on pump gas...add race fuel maybe 78, tweak a few other things (ignition advance for instance) and I might get to 80

and that's a ss legal sv - shrug

(3.) Original equipment head, valves, and cams must remain as
produced, with the exception of machining the gasket surface of
the cylinder head.

machining of the head gasket surface, aka milling the head. 
you can give it a valve job by cutting the valve seats, you just can't touch the head casting.

Eric Kelcher

FYI BMC race filter is not SS legal on a SV, filter replaces part of the airbox and inlet is not same as stock
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

twilkinson3

@Eric -Really?  hrm didn't think the inlet was any different size than stock.  If I can find the original I'll go peek at the openning with a caliper and check against the BMC unit I have - they didn't look different tho (maybe I have a street BMC then - shrug)