pisses me off
7 (25.9%)
really pisses me off
15 (55.6%)
don't care because i sold my Sv and moved to MW
3 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 27

vnvbandit

MY 1st gen Sv -650 makes 68 HP to the rear wheel, as Suzuki claims for a stock bike.
~Brian
CCS FL 68
ASRA 68
Thanks
Nancy&Patrick

twilkinson3

(I'll own up to feeling generous...if I'm making 70 hp I'd be suprised)

MACOP1104

My stock motor 1st gen made 68.5hp with a pipe and a jet kit on pump gas. 

roadracer162

You are all right about the 1st gen and the power it makes. I have seen through friends bikes making 72 breathing through stock carbs and yes the cam swap that is illegal for SS but no-one knows anyway. The 80hp 1st gen I speak of is the Ultralight SB spec with high comp pistons and flatslides. I don't what else is done. I've also seen that said 1st gen SS with ram air ducting and it was deemed legal for SS. I am sure curious if it is. I never complained about it or tore him down although I suspected it may not have been legal. I figured he needed more motor because he was a bigger guy than me and it would even things out.

I also do know that U4(at the time) was good for another 2hp. I am not sure about the U4.2.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

apriliaman

In LW if you want the fastest bike that is stock and can win races and is under the 1200cc air cooled rules why dont more people get the BMW R1200S. For 15K you can be very fast.I barely and that is barely! !! got enough money just to make it to the races,if i had some that would be my next bike. In UL the rules are OK.In 600's if you had a 600 from the 1990's like a 1996 zx6r,how could i race that since it would be very slow compare to today's bikes.I guess the older bikes are only good just for fun at a track day,like my 1988 fzr400.
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

skiandclimb

I hate to say this...or bring up the whipping of yet another dead horse, but the ONLY way we will all ever STFU and race is to institute power to weight ratios in the classes.Screwit- you race a liter class bike, and wanna race ULW? Fine, but your ass better weigh 500 pounds.

This post is interesting to me, as I am likely buying an SV for the 2011 season next week.

Just a question, (and sorry for the hijack) but how many people are running SB's in SS in the LW ranks?  I hear there's tons of it going on- is this true????
#730 CCS MW/GP
Pursuit Racing, The Backstopper's Org.
www.cyclehouseperformance.com - St. Louis, MO.
King Edward's Chicken and Fish- St. Louis, MO.
www.mcraracing.com

spyderchick

Quote from: skiandclimb on August 24, 2010, 01:16:21 AM
I hate to say this...or bring up the whipping of yet another dead horse, but the ONLY way we will all ever STFU and race is to institute power to weight ratios in the classes.Screwit- you race a liter class bike, and wanna race ULW? Fine, but your ass better weigh 500 pounds.

See, this brings up the class we'd really like to see CCS run, but for some reason Kevin won't take us seriously.

Formula Fatty. Choose a class of bike, probably LW, since you can get an SV fairly cheap, and then require a weight limit of 350lbs...  For the rider.  :biggrin:

If you cannot weigh in at 350, you are allowed to add another rider. This eliminates Ed Key completely, because unless his co-rider is Bill Casper, there's no way he can find a heavy enough co-rider. I mean Ed weighs like 90 lbs soaking wet. This eliminates any potential fast skinny little brats as well. Level playing field, my friends.

So let's all petition for Formula Fatty in 2011, the ultimate racing series.  :thumb:
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

benprobst

This post is interesting to me, as I am likely buying an SV for the 2011 season next week.

Just a question, (and sorry for the hijack) but how many people are running SB's in SS in the LW ranks?  I hear there's tons of it going on- is this true????

About 0 %.
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

grasslander

I sure hope not...
CCS #413 CMRA #413
G-Baby Racing Endurance Team
2013 ASRA Team Challenge GTL National Champions
2015 US National Endurance Series LW National Champions

vnvbandit

Just a question, (and sorry for the hijack) but how many people are running SB's in SS in the LW ranks?  I hear there's tons of it going on- is this true????

Admitting it 0%
Actuality, well........... just watch and you'll see!
Heck, some have even tried to run slicks in SS
~Brian
CCS FL 68
ASRA 68
Thanks
Nancy&Patrick

roadracer162

What do you consider SB? Airbox removal? Ram air? Flaslides?
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

funsizeracing

Quote from: majicMARKer on August 24, 2010, 09:36:44 AM
What do you consider SB? Airbox removal? Ram air? Flaslides?

Any mods that dq it from SS.
Becka
CMRA EX #126
TipToes and TonkaTrucks Mini Endurance #75
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com