ROC MOVED!!!!

Started by d-wire, April 24, 2010, 11:14:39 AM

d-wire

I'm from FL, but I did go out to Heartland Park last year, awesome track.  Fun to ride, the alpha ...turn 1 thing was a bit scetchy, but very cool flow and rhythm.

I actually like riding Daytona, especially with just the one banking.....but you can find yourself battling with a rider that you would smoke at any other track on earth, if they have a superior bike.  I prefer a riders track....like Barber or VIR.  Homestead is a very cool track, but yeah....a bit of a drive for lots of guys.
Dunlop, Crush Leathers, DCDecals.net, GPBikes Inc, Acme PowderCoating, Sharkskinz, Leo VInce, Bazzaz
FL region #2

tstruyk

road atlanta would be cool, my personal vote would be for Topeka and the 4 hour drive from home  :biggrin:

I wont go to Daytona for a few years but wouldnt mind running the ROC... this could be an opportunity. 
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

ScubaSteve

Quote from: CounterSteerer on April 25, 2010, 10:56:02 AM
I3. The fast guys will be fast no matter what track they run.

Bump your head again. Alot of Fast guys run SS bikes everywhere and can beat the SB's on a riders track. Daytona is nothing more then a HP track. Then again you did ride a ltwt Duc so I can see why you like daytona....lol
Steve

CCS FL

Tornado Bait

Never been to Daytona, Barber or Road Atlanta.  Barber looks like the most fun of the three.
Speed & Strength, BikeMaster, Vortex, E4S, Tucker Rocky
Cafe Racer Inc.
Tornado Bait Racing

Rick Johnson 29

All three of those are fun tracks. I would say Barber is the more technical track of the three.
Rick Johnson
Expert 29, ASRA 291, Wera 29
2011 SE Unlimited SS Champ                                                               
2011 2nd MA GTO,UnlimitedSB,SS,GP                                                   08 Suzuki GSXR 1000

Alex Shaw

I vote for ROC at VIR....FULL COURSE!
CCS EX #568
AMA Pro Supersport #568
ASRA Team Challenge #1
Chester Auto Repair

2old2fat2slow

Oooh, I wanna change my vote to VIR full course too!
Thanks to:Lithium Motorsports, Vondari Racing, Continental Tires of North America, Absolute Cycle, RaceConti,Next Level Motorsports, Mize Mobile, Vortex, Woodcraft

Garywc

Road Atlanta is my new favorite track and having only been there once for the AMA weekend and crashing in practice  I would do the ROC there
and I would go to Barber again
Daytona sucks
CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776
http://www.eastcoastsupertwins.com
Monmouth Cycles,Woodcraft, bel-ray,AXO

motomaniac

I too will miss Daytona.. I love the place.  How about Mid Ohio? A riders course I'd say.
Ex#61

MELK-MAN

Ohio in late October.. hmm.. it just isn't conjuring up the most pleasant thoughts regarding the feeling in my fingers n' toes although the track does look cool. Hope to go sometime.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

SnacktimeKC

Quote from: MELK-MAN on April 27, 2010, 11:14:29 AM
Ohio in late October.. hmm.. it just isn't conjuring up the most pleasant thoughts regarding the feeling in my fingers n' toes although the track does look cool. Hope to go sometime.

Heartland Park then.
A. It would give us yankees an advantage since we don't mind it being a little chilly.
B. It's about time you Florida boys and girls had to make a 26 hour road trip HA! -Snack

TrophyGal

Whichever track CCS ends up using, I hope it's one where no one has a real "home track advantage". The year it was held at Homestead, more Florida riders won championships than the rest.