News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

ROC MOVED!!!!

Started by d-wire, April 24, 2010, 11:14:39 AM

d-wire

FL riders pretty much rule Daytona to.....and if its at Barber....I'm betting on the FL riders.  hAHAHAHAHA
Dunlop, Crush Leathers, DCDecals.net, GPBikes Inc, Acme PowderCoating, Sharkskinz, Leo VInce, Bazzaz
FL region #2

Scotty Ryan

My guess and vote is Barber seeing how there are no events scheduled there for CCS this year. ~Meg  Ryan~  :biggrin:
"MMMM - Fork Oil For Breakfast"

61 or 61 X - Which will it be??

Eric Kelcher

Quote from: TrophyGal on April 27, 2010, 02:18:32 PM
Whichever track CCS ends up using, I hope it's one where no one has a real "home track advantage". The year it was held at Homestead, more Florida riders won championships than the rest.

hey Jeanne compared to number FL riders win at Daytona on average the out of towners cleaned house at Homestead.
But that year Jeff Wood and Rob Jensen took most of those out of towner championships.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

Noidly1

'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

Farmboy

Um, I'm gonna skip the ROC just so I can go watch them pave Daytona.

How exactly do they do that on the banking???
Jim Berard CCS MW#904

f3racer

how bout somewhere new. or maybe give some of the smaller tracks a chance so they can make the revenue needed to give then some improvement opportunies. we dont like to vote for the smaller tracks because they arent as good, they dont have the chance to be good because noone spends the money there. how bout like roebling road, or something like that.
Will
Former CCS MW Novice #81, WERA Novice #81
AHRMA Heavyweight SBK #81, DD's Racing Endurance Team #773
2020 Tuono Factory, 2000 RC51, 1980 CB750/823

CounterSteerer

Quote from: Alex Shaw on April 26, 2010, 04:35:18 PM
I vote for ROC at VIR....FULL COURSE!

+1
But I would dread the drive.
CCS FL, ASRA
Jason Edmonds

GSXR RACER MIKE

Quote from: f3racer on April 28, 2010, 09:14:40 AM.....maybe give some of the smaller tracks a chance so they can make the revenue needed to give then some improvement opportunities. we dont like to vote for the smaller tracks because they arent as good.....

Track density (number of riders the track is deemed to be able to safely handle at once) can be an issue with smaller tracks and possibly large grids, another closely related issue is the lap time - short lap times mean excessive interaction between the fastest and slowest racers on the track possibly resulting in more accidents. Track width on many smaller tracks can be narrower as well, meaning passing can be insane as you have larger grids of the fastest racers fighting for a national title on a track many may have never raced on before. Paddock size, good PA system for announcements, access in and out of the facility, local weather at that time of the year, and other reasons can all be factors to consider with any track hosting the ROC.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

CounterSteerer

Quote from: ScubaSteve on April 26, 2010, 09:54:25 AM
Bump your head again. Alot of Fast guys run SS bikes everywhere and can beat the SB's on a riders track. Daytona is nothing more then a HP track. Then again you did ride a ltwt Duc so I can see why you like daytona....lol

What the hell is a riders track?

As far as a light weight bike I have finished 4th overall in Moto-ST at Daytona on a lwt bike against all the middle weight competitors. Oh and in Daytona TC second overall against all the heavyweights.
All the fast guys will be fast at any track they ride!

And Yes I have bumped my head. What
CCS FL, ASRA
Jason Edmonds

SnacktimeKC

Ooo Ooo, Hallett  :thumb: -Snack

Cowboy 6

Quote from: CounterSteerer on April 28, 2010, 10:31:46 AM
+1
But I would dread the drive.

1-800- whaaaaa                Welcome to the world the rest of us share!   
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

Canadian

im surprised nobody mentioned Jennings.....
Steve Greene
CCS# 316