2010 ULTRA LIGHT SUPERBIKE CLASS

Started by redlinepilot, December 17, 2009, 11:56:51 PM

funsizeracing

Quote from: 123user on December 23, 2009, 08:24:28 AM
"I'd be riding MotoGP... if my SV wasn't holding me back" 
Best quote of year! :lmao:

BTW, Ed Key is going to win even on a tricycle.  That man is a legend.

Edit: 
Also, I've ridden all 3 bikes (SV, 1000DS, and XB12)  In supersport form, I didn't feel that one was that much better than the other.    Of course, I also disagreed with everyone on how the DS handled so who knows.
Becka
CMRA EX #126
TipToes and TonkaTrucks Mini Endurance #75
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com

twilkinson3

Well having been to BHF with the local Buell guys in the Amateur ranks running a decently set up SV SS bike...I hate the HP and torque advantage - unless I put 2-3 corners between me and them I couldn't keep them behind me and I was faster in the corners than the buell at least

In the end...well...I'm around to have fun and compete, if the calss says you can run it I'll just find a way past it...might take some work tho hehe

Besides I think attrition in hte BUell ranks will take care of most of that issue either way 8-( (I like a challenge after all...)

Garywc

so what did they change the rule to?
what bikes are aloud in this class in  2010 ? any more then in 2009? or less
CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776
http://www.eastcoastsupertwins.com
Monmouth Cycles,Woodcraft, bel-ray,AXO

roadracer162

Quote from: 123user on December 18, 2009, 09:10:13 AM
Crap! Here we go again!! "Edited for space"

Are the Ducati and Buell really superior?  With the right rider and the right chassis re-tune they certainly can be, but for the average talent rider I still think the SV is a better racing package. 

My Ducati 800ss with an average rider(me) is very competitive with the SV and an average rider. Don't need the 1000 to be competitive with the SV. A well ridden SV will always beat the average ridden Ducati 1000. Heck I even beat a couple 1000 on my 800. There are definitely better riders than me on the 800SS.

Changes this year seems to be the 99 and earlier liquid cooled twins to 800cc instead of the stock bore/displacement SV. Keep in mind a SS build is not necessarily a stock build. There are a couple HC piston SV running in the Ultralight class.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

xb12racerX

"This argument cannot go anywhere since a well prepped sv (eg: Key's) will kill any Buell or Duc." 
Really? Ever heard of a few guys names, Paul, Dan or Joel? I believe they all ride BUELLS and have beaten Ed a number of times.
mind your own damn business

SV88

x12racerx - yes they've beaten EK but has it not been consistent.   I barely consider Ed's bikes svs anyway except for the SS plus he's a phenomenal rider.  I suspect that a well prepped Buel or Duc is better than a well prepped SV particularly in the power dept.  I beat my share of Buells as an AM however that was on ss sv and they definately had motor on the straights.

I'm happy to have different bikes in LW that have strength in different areas.  For the sv rider it's clear that you have to brake later and corner faster to even have a chance against a equally prepped Buel or Duc.
Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881

benprobst

Quote from: xb12racerX on December 24, 2009, 12:14:41 AM
"This argument cannot go anywhere since a well prepped sv (eg: Key's) will kill any Buell or Duc." 
Really? Ever heard of a few guys names, Paul, Dan or Joel? I believe they all ride BUELLS and have beaten Ed a number of times.

Sorry man, not a good example, well except for Danny. Ask Paul what his record against Ed is. And beating Ed on a 150hp unlimited bike shouldnt even be brought into this conversation, even though Joel is an excellent rider.
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

Garywc

who cares I am going to race my stock SV (besides a M4 pipe) again this season too!
CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776
http://www.eastcoastsupertwins.com
Monmouth Cycles,Woodcraft, bel-ray,AXO

xb12racerX

We'll just ask Danny then. Sorry man, but Ed is an exception to the rule.
mind your own damn business

apriliaman

my sv is finnally fixed and the power is back.I had 59hp all year :-((((    All it was is the o rings on the choke cable were worn out so it was leaking air.The bike would only go to 8k all year,now it goes all the way to 10.5k :-),dont know the power yet but i hope to see at least a blazing 75.
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

ScubaSteve

Quote from: skidMARK on December 23, 2009, 10:22:55 PM
My Ducati 800ss with an average rider(me) is very competitive with the SV and an average rider. Don't need the 1000 to be competitive with the SV. A well ridden SV will always beat the average ridden Ducati 1000. Heck I even beat a couple 1000 on my 800. There are definitely better riders than me on the 800SS.

Changes this year seems to be the 99 and earlier liquid cooled twins to 800cc instead of the stock bore/displacement SV. Keep in mind a SS build is not necessarily a stock build. There are a couple HC piston SV running in the Ultralight class.

Mark

Mark. i'm still waiting for you Duc and Buell guys to catch my SV times in Fl. It all comes down to the rider in the end.
Steve

CCS FL

roadracer162

Quote from: ScubaSteve on December 29, 2009, 12:04:58 PM
Mark. i'm still waiting for you Duc and Buell guys to catch my SV times in Fl. It all comes down to the rider in the end.

Steve- I don't think we can at least not on the lightweight legal bikes. It does come down to the rider being able to extract every bit of performance out of whatever bike. In my limited experience I have found that more motor only gives a better position on track while in a race. More power doesn't always translate to faster lap times. Learn to use it and the bike/rider cobo gets faster.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.