2010 ULTRA LIGHT SUPERBIKE CLASS

Started by redlinepilot, December 17, 2009, 11:56:51 PM

MACOP1104

Am I missing something?  Did the rule change do something else beside eliminate the Duc 748 with the desmo
valvetrain from ULWSB?

ScubaSteve

Quote from: skidMARK on December 29, 2009, 05:16:37 PM
Steve- I don't think we can at least not on the lightweight legal bikes. It does come down to the rider being able to extract every bit of performance out of whatever bike. In my limited experience I have found that more motor only gives a better position on track while in a race. More power doesn't always translate to faster lap times. Learn to use it and the bike/rider cobo gets faster.

Mark

I know what you mean first hand. When i jumped on Mills bike and started racing it I was 2-3 secs a lap faster then he was. I had a lil more power then he did but I think what helped me out so much was having to race with him and Bryan C on their 90hp SB's and I was running a 75hp SS bike. That taught me a ton.

I think Mendez is close to 31's at Homestead and Pony was only a tenth off i believe

Steve

CCS FL

Cowboy 6

Quote from: MACOP1104 on December 29, 2009, 10:43:28 PM
Am I missing something?  Did the rule change do something else beside eliminate the Duc 748 with the desmo
valvetrain from ULWSB?

No, Mark just misquoted the rule. It is pre-'99 not '99 and earlier so SV's are not affected at all. Still 650cc limit.
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

roadracer162

Quote from: Cowboy 6 on December 30, 2009, 10:25:58 AM
No, Mark just misquoted the rule. It is pre-'99 not '99 and earlier so SV's are not affected at all. Still 650cc limit.

Ahhh now I see. I guess I didn't read it thoroughly. So is the 748 still in?

Steve-I think Mendez has arrived at the 1:32 mark but I can't confirm that. Needless to say but it is pretty fast on a lightweight bike no matter which bike it is.

I know I still have more to go because I found myself seemingly coasting in some corners but I have never been that quick around Homestead on any bike. That 748 of Marc Miller is one fast bike. I am an old goat and I take a long time to learn.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.