News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Mladin out at HPT even as Track makes last minute changes

Started by Burt Munro, July 30, 2009, 11:23:41 PM

Gino230

Quote from: JBraun on August 04, 2009, 11:06:06 AM
I understand and respect his decision, but it would have been more meaningful had he not put himself at odds with the promoter from day one on insignificant issues. Right now he just looks like a crybaby because he hasn't stopped bitching since March. The track has issues for sure, but how is Mladin helping fix anything?

He's basically drawn a line in the sand and divided his followers from those of motorcycle racing in general. He has the loudest voice and is the most influential rider in the paddock. He says he cares about the sport, but I don't see how racing in general can benefit from this.
Not saying he should have raced, but he could have respectfully withdrawn and stuck around for the autographs and PR. It would have given him a thousand opportunities to allow his voice to be heard. If he wanted to make a difference that would have been the way. He's a professional. Suzuki pays him to win races AND be an ambassador to the sport and their brand. If it was only about going fast, Anthony Gobert would still have a ride.

You make an excellent point here, but let's not forget that Jamie Hacking was suspended for badmouthing the series about various issues so I don't think that was an option for Mat. I think he did the best thing for the sport and for himself.
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

benprobst

Quote from: Gino230 on August 04, 2009, 04:52:41 PM
You make an excellent point here, but let's not forget that Jamie Hacking was suspended for badmouthing the series about various issues so I don't think that was an option for Mat. I think he did the best thing for the sport and for himself.

Man oh man, there are not a lot of facts in this thread. Jamie was not "suspended" (for 24 hours) for bad mouthing anyone. He was "suspended" for his language used exiting the press room and outside of it.
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

Noidly1

I don't keep up with all the politics between racers and DMG/AMA or anyone else.
I just go race and hopefully have fun. That is all I care about.

When I was sayin Mat was Chicken, before most of this thread, I was thinking about;
"Why is it so bad?, Mr. Rosno, Ben, M.Hall and all the other Greats I know of race there".
So if it's safe enough for them, it's safe enough for me.

Hell, Look at Gateway and all those that have raced there.
That place collects a lot of people yet we keep comming back.
Is it Stupidity, Luck or what?

I call it Respect... Respect for the track.
Ride like an idiot, get yourself or someone else collected.
That goes for any track.

Before anyone says anything about what needs to be done or has been done at any track, after this post,
this post is about you and what tracks you ride at and not sitting out.

I do believe, if I am not mistaken, Mr. Rosno has crashed at Gateway and totalled his bike on the track day before the CCS round.
Will he be back? I doubt it. And I can't blame him. The track IS dangerous.

I will most likely never ride as fast as the fast guys pushing things to the limit.
Therefore the danger factor is a bit lessened for me. And yes, I can still get hurt or even killed.
I ride with respect for the track and limit myself to my own abilities and try to have fun and not get hurt or hurt anyone else.

Flame on...
'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

tstruyk

I bet dollars to donuts that Dave disagree's... but I'll let him handle that one if he chooses.

FYI, he crashed at the entrance to 9... no walls, no hard stuff to hit.

He's crashed in T1 and GIR and found the wall a few years back.   Didnt stop him from racing there.

I think some have tatooed it numberous times... Its their call to ride or not to ride.  Period

How many years did you choose not to race?  does that make chicken?  Or at some point did you decide not to race when you could have? 
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

Noidly1

I bought a house. No $. 12 Years, Got the itch again and decided to scratch...
'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

tstruyk

So you made a personal choice to not race, and buy a house for you and/or your family.  you decided not to race based on what you felt was the right thing to do.

I dont see any difference.

Ultimately its his call.  I dont agree with the way it was handled (3 laps???) but i cant judge him for his decision.

see ya at GIR noid!  The R6 is back up and running!  :cheers:
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

Noidly1

Yes, It was a personal choice. Not about any track though...

You have an R6? Aww shit... :banghead: :biggrin:
'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

backMARKr

Quote from: tstruyk on August 04, 2009, 10:30:18 PM
see ya at GIR noid!  The R6 is back up and running!  :cheers:

yes...yes it is..... :biggrin:

it throws FLAMES!!! :ahhh:
NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

r1owner

Quote from: Noidly1 on August 04, 2009, 10:44:31 PM
Yes, It was a personal choice. Not about any track though...

You have an R6? Aww shit... :banghead: :biggrin:

He's had an 06 R6 pretty much before anyone in STL had one.... LOL!

Noidly1

All I've ever seen him on was an SV.
Never saw him in any race I was in.
'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

r1owner

Quote from: Noidly1 on August 04, 2009, 11:17:37 PM
All I've ever seen him on was an SV.

Spun a rod bearing pretty much right outta the box...  I think it has like 500 miles on it.

gonecrazy