News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Mladin out at HPT even as Track makes last minute changes

Started by Burt Munro, July 30, 2009, 11:23:41 PM

Ducmarc

having never raced at HPT I not a good one to judge. but watching the races on the tube it looks like it has a fair amount of runoff in most places. so would it take that much more to make most riders happy? i know riders happy? but no one complains about homestead or that turn at VIR where eveyone drops away and you turn right at the bottom I know everyone likes it but it shure was unnerveing for me.I gess if it was too safe it would be boring and would lack any memory good or bad.and that's what we are wanting anyway. dave your right about the attitude just watch TV thrillbilles nitro circus and scars. it's not how fast and far but how bad you broken   I do know these guys are all tough untill there loaded in the ambulance then they sound like the rest of us.

GIGOLO

Mladin wanted a way out, if Mid-ohio is any indication of how this weekend would have gone.  A track that he is not familiar with, in an era of superbike that is much more competitive, this "issue" was his ticket out of  a potentially embarrassing weekend.  IMO he folded, he should be ashamed.  He let his team, his fans, and his sponsors down.  BOOOOO!!!

dylanfan53

Well, he's not going out on a high note, but I sure saw a lot of white walls around there.
Don Cook
CCS #53

Super Dave

Quote from: GIGOLO on August 02, 2009, 07:44:38 PMin an era of superbike that is much more competitive...
How?  He was capable of not even competing in two events in a series that has generally two points paying races per event and still has a huge lead.  It's an interesting year, but he's still far and away crushing.

Super Dave

skiandclimb

#730 CCS MW/GP
Pursuit Racing, The Backstopper's Org.
www.cyclehouseperformance.com - St. Louis, MO.
King Edward's Chicken and Fish- St. Louis, MO.
www.mcraracing.com

Super Dave

Quote from: skiandclimb on August 03, 2009, 01:39:14 AM
Eslick didn't seem to mind those walls.
Someone has to win eventually.  Where's Scott Greenwood?
Super Dave

roadracer162

Quote from: Super Dave on August 02, 2009, 11:48:16 PM
How?  He was capable of not even competing in two events in a series that has generally two points paying races per event and still has a huge lead.  It's an interesting year, but he's still far and away crushing.

I'm with you on this one Dave. I did gather a fair bit of respect for Mr Mladin after the announcement and giving credit to many others for such as successful career.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

roadracer162

From my point of view as a spectator it just seems as though you are right, but he isn't the one that will be in the wall but more the competitor he is racing against pushing his way into corners and making not so clean passes. I wonder who would be at fault if the other competitor continued his turn in and took them both out. Rossi'esque passes and Rossi gets a bad shout.

I know the response "rubbing is racing", "if you can't hang with the big dogs" but don't judge a person as being less of a man for not racing. Me at the end of my fire career won't be taking the risks as I did as a youngin. I am slower and more methodical now. I am not gonna do 25 years just to bite the dust in the last year.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

backMARKr

NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

Dr675

Like at Road America??

No wait, Peris and Cardenes won the DSB races that weekend.   Even with the long straights.

I haven't heard that arguement before, that the Buell's have an advantage on the straights............. :banghead:
"...you gotta kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight"- BNL

backMARKr

Quote from: Dr675 on August 03, 2009, 03:28:30 PM
Like at Road America??

No wait, Peris and Cardenes won the DSB races that weekend.   Even with the long straights.

I haven't heard that arguement before, that the Buell's have an advantage on the straights............. :banghead:

beats me---wasn't arguing or looking for one.....just seemed like Cardenas would catch/get around Eslick in the tight stuff and unless Cardenas was multiple lengths ahead the Buell would run him back down on the front straight...in race #1 that is...didn't see #2.

relax.....
NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

tstruyk

Quote from: backMARKr on August 03, 2009, 04:04:48 PM
beats me---wasn't arguing or looking for one.....just seemed like Cardenas would catch/get around Eslick in the tight stuff and unless Cardenas was multiple lengths ahead the Buell would run him back down on the front straight...in race #1 that is...didn't see #2.

relax.....

pssst, mark... watch race number 2... specifically the last handful of laps
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"