dustin boyd....I heard some awful news...

Started by racrx451, June 01, 2008, 07:21:38 PM

racrx451

Hey man, i heard you went down hard?  Hope you heal quick man.  You are the only one I don't mind losing to. ha.  If you need anything, get at me!
'08 Ducati 848

CCS/ASRA #451

racrx451

so I just talked to Megan about Dustin's accident.. NOT GOOD.. If some of you don't know.... Dustin crashed at Blackhawk and is at Rockford Memorial hospital.  I will let one of them tell the story but hes pretty busted up.  Hope you get back to your old self soon.  Keep your head up. 
'08 Ducati 848

CCS/ASRA #451

monica_ranis53

Yeah he did have a bad one,  but he wasn't unconscious or anything a bad ankle injury though.  I do have to say that Dustin is a class act, as he is sitting in the ambulance.  He was refusing to go to the hospital until he made sure that all of his customers were taken care of, as this happened early.   Looked to be painful and turn 2 is not a slow corner by any means, but he wasn't showing any pain.  Thankfully there were alot of people there to do the tire changes.  Pirelli is lucky to have a guy like Dustin.  I hope he heals up quickly.

PJ

Dustin,

What terrible news. I hope you heal fast, man.

What happened?
Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70
www.facebook.com/jamesgangracing
www.twitter.com/jamesgangracing

Woofentino Pugrossi

There was waaaay too many bad crashes this weekend. Today was the worse day.  :banghead:
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

R1Racer99

How about Rodriguez? I rode through the wreckage but never heard anything, he okay?

RCR_531

I talked with Erik in his pits after that race. That was an awfull feeling going through that wreckage and seeing him there. I am sure that Erik or Ron will be posting something soon.
Rodney LeQuia

Biggs Motorsports  RCR Kawasaki  SBS Vortex  Conti
Lithum Motorsports

racrx451

I heard it was a crashfest... Hope Burrito is ok too. 
'08 Ducati 848

CCS/ASRA #451

monica_ranis53

The wreck in G.T.O. was really bad,  I came up on it at race speed and was dodging parts all over the track.  Some body was rolling around in pain, another in the grass and then somebody was back in the woods almost.  Thankfully the only injury that I know of was a broken toe.  It looked hella worse though.  There are two big holes on the outside curbing in 6.  It will be one hell of a ride if you dip a tire in there.   Lots of red flags this weekend, kinda weird.  Unlimited superbike had a red flag,  Greg Cool went down in 7 right in front of me, it was a lowside then a highside back to a lowside.  I dont know how he stopped right at the apex of the turn, but luckily I slowed down while he was losing it.  I tried to avoid him but to no avail, i hit him with my front tire.  I talked to him after and he said that me hitting didnt hurt at all, but he still messed up his ankle from the bike snapping underneath him.  I thought my bike was in bad shape, and didn't notice that it was just me fender till I pulled off the track.  I hope Greg, Dustin, and Erik get better soon.  I didn't hear anything about Paul Ducato, hopefully he didnt get hurt in the last race.

HAWK

Dustin, heal up and shout if you need anything.
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

ronhix

Erik is fine, just a concussion and some stitches on the chin.  I saw Paul standing in Turn 1 at the end of the last race and he looked to be fine, he gave me a thumbs up as I went passed on the cool down lap.

The pace was fast and furious at Blackhawk this weekend for sure.
Ron Hix
Hix Racing #975

2010 Partners - Hawkeye Superbikes - Trackdaystore.com - Dunlop - Ohlins - Arai - Woodcraft - Armour Bodies - Ayden Lee Leathers - Vesrah - SIDI - GP Tech - NESBA - CLSB

truckstop

Quote from: monica_ranis53 on June 02, 2008, 09:38:06 AM
The wreck in G.T.O. was really bad,  I came up on it at race speed and was dodging parts all over the track.  Some body was rolling around in pain, another in the grass and then somebody was back in the woods almost.  Thankfully the only injury that I know of was a broken toe.  It looked hella worse though.

Only two went down in GTO, two more ran off but stayed upright. Dave has two dislocated toes, and it sounds like he's not really walking yet as both ankles are hurting too, but he's otherwise ok. X is a little sore, he fell on his "bad" side where he's broken a bunch of stuff in the past.

Really didn't like that every race he was in after that was red flagged. :/ Especially the one where he didn't come directly back to our pit, after taking a detour to talk to someone. Grr. ;)

Saw Dustin's bike on the truck rolling through the pits and my stomach turned a little, kind of over all the crashes by that point, and then there were more.

Hope everyone heals up right quicklike.