News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

dustin boyd....I heard some awful news...

Started by racrx451, June 01, 2008, 07:21:38 PM

Sobottka

Dustin- this really sucks... I had a tibia and fibula fracture at my ankle, two surgeries, two plates, one external-fix and a walking boot.... Its no fun. Get the bone stuff SD recommends and follow your Dr's orders. Looking forward to seeing you and Megan (...mostly Megan!!! :biggrin:) back at the races this year. Heal fast Bro :cheers:
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

Team_Serpent

Sorry to hear of all these cashes and injuries,

Wishing Dustin and everyone else a speedy recovery.

spyder84

Heal up quick, Dustin.  I hope to see you back on your feet soon.

Quote from: RCR_531 on June 02, 2008, 02:54:12 AM
I talked with Erik in his pits after that race. That was an awfull feeling going through that wreckage and seeing him there. I am sure that Erik or Ron will be posting something soon.

Rodney, I don't even remember see you after the race.  I bumped by noggin pretty good.  I have a mild concussion and I had a few stitches on my chin.  Anyone know who the other rider was or what his condition is?  I'm hoping he is doing well.

Burt Munro

Quote from: spyder84 on June 02, 2008, 04:23:19 PM
    Anyone know who the other rider was or what his condition is?  I'm hoping he is doing well.

The other rider was #276 Matthew Day from Rockford.   Sorry, no other info.
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

jstraw277

The other person was Matt Day #276.   He has 5 broken ribs, punctured lung, broken thumb, broken Big Toe and a strong desire to get back on the track.  Doesn't really know what happened but thought it was going into or around the bus stop. 

Protein Filled

I went by when Dustin was laying on the track after he crashed in turn two. I think he hit the air fence, so I commend whomever was the person that recommended that they add air fence to that section of the track! It could have been much worse if he would have hit the tire barrier!

Dave Vaughn highsided in front of me in GTO and I am one of the guys that ended up in the woods trying to avoid him and his bike. Either his bike or some pieces from it hit my right arm and the side of my bike. This is the 3rd time in 10 months that I have had a bike hit that same arm during a crash! I must have a target on my back or something.

I am glad to hear that Dave is OK. I hope all you guys heal up quickly!

Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

racrx451

Dustin hit the tire wall in turn 2 (?) at a very high rate of speed and tires don't give much.... he broke his ankle and hip... he has a huge metal contraption on his ankle/leg and will possibly have 1 or 2 more surgeries.  He is in really good spirits as of yesterday.  I haven't talked to Megan today but possibly 2mar.  Keep him in your thoughts.
'08 Ducati 848

CCS/ASRA #451

Protein Filled

Oh, so he did hit the tire wall! Wow, that really sucks! I thought he hit the air fence. I had heard that he may have broken his ankle, but did not realize that it was worse than that.
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

Burt Munro

Something hit the airfence at Turn 2 during that incident as it had to be reattached prior to restarting the race.
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote from: truckstop on June 02, 2008, 12:49:08 PM
X is a little sore, he fell on his "bad" side where he's broken a bunch of stuff in the past.

Really didn't like that every race he was in after that was red flagged. :/ Especially the one where he didn't come directly back to our pit, after taking a detour to talk to someone. Grr. ;)

Saw Dustin's bike on the truck rolling through the pits and my stomach turned a little, kind of over all the crashes by that point, and then there were more.

Thats how I felt when I was getting close to the main gate for Davids and X's crash. Heard there were 3 bikes down, one got back up and left but 2 ambulances were called. Soon as I got by Buell Alley I seen X's bike on its side. Was good to see him walking around to the ambulance. Seen most of Erik's crash. I damn near hurdled the tires by the berm over the old track section to get to him.

Quote from: Burt Munro on June 02, 2008, 11:51:38 PM
Something hit the airfence at Turn 2 during that incident as it had to be reattached prior to restarting the race.

I think he may had slid under the one that ended up on the edge of the track. I caught the end of it at 3.

Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

r1owner

Bummer sounds like a rough weekend...  Get well ASAP all injured riders.

Mark Bernard

Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region