[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Super Dave

Shaving was easier.

Still can't see well.
Super Dave

dabirk23

Sure, there is a need to remove some trees at BFR. However, those who complain about the trees now would be the first ones to complain about the lack of shade or it being too windy if the trees weren't there.
Dave

Without a sense of humor one is destined to be miserable

weggieman

Well, considering the camping at BHF is free...........I don't see how camping there is support. All you pay for is electric if you need it.

Give the new owner an opportunity to make his changes, whatever they are. He is open to suggestions.

Yes the area is considered a wetland. You won't find it listed anywhwere because it doesn't have to be. Any natural wet land area is protected by federal and state laws. Changes made to the track previously were restricted by those laws. The little stream that runs through the track and the ponds are untouchable as well as anything that increases or decreases drainage to or from them. That's just the way it is, so no you cannot dredge or fill anything.

The outfield area as you call it will never be used for camping. Having everyone in a somewhat confined, controlled area is what works best at this facility. Also, if you check the property lines for the track you will find there isn't much area outside the perimeter of the race track. The property lines are real close except for the area from turn 5 and six to the front gate. The area to the left leaving the track from turn 5 out is an airstrip so that is unuseable. The other side of the entrance road has largely been unused over the years. They tried an off road track for awhile but that never produced anything fruitful for them.

As for campers, there always seems to be a fair share of people there every weekend camping and hanging out. Sure the motels get their share also but mostly from the racers that don't care to camp.

Maybe the track should start charging for camping in order to pay for the amenities you want. I'm quite sure that would make a lot of people happy right? In the mean time enjoy the races and please stay at a motel, the people that are camping want to sleep........ not listen to you whining.

JBraun

If you don't like BHF, race elsewhere. You have choices.

I have no trouble camping at Blackhawk, and I'm glad it's free.

It's funny that a thread about BHF improving it's facilities is full of bitching about said facilities. They're making it better, so be thankful.
ASRA/CCS MW #29
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
PIRELLI

Helmsman

Unforgivin: have you ever tried doing ANYTHING with a wetland?  The DNR gets really bitchy real fast.  Try to get a permit to dredge a pond or increase drainage.....you'll find it pretty damn hard, if not impossible.  Ask any farmer who wants to tile a corner of a field that get a puddle in it every now and then.

The bathrooms and such don't bother me much, i don't camp at the track expecting the hilton!....run off in turn 2 is an issue, as is the fence from the bus stop through 5.  Would be nice to see the run off smoothed out in 1 and 7.  I've heard rumors that some of those issues might be being addressed?

All in all, i guess i sign up for the risk.  I have no illusions that i will ever have any sort of career doing this, so if the risks are to great in my mind, i can just walk away.  Maybe some day i will regret taking the risks, but as for now, i can't bitch about the risks that i willing take of my own free will.

unforgivenracing

Helmsman:  This is what I do understand...You get what you pay for.  It's not RA, and it's not RA prices. 
CCS Midwest EX 501(RETIRED) E-mails welcome @: unforgivenracing@hotmail.com or, IM and e-mail me @: unforgiven_racing@yahoo.com also,
Check out pic's @: http://www.facebook.com/wolff.shawn

Super Dave

We're certainly getting off topic, but land hasn't been made in a long time.  Land prices continue to go up because of that.  Land developers look for value, certainly, but development occurs in certain areas, and you pay the price to make the development.  That's how they make money. 

State DNR/EPA have specific regulations for specific purposes.  Yeah, it's BS because they will allow a developer to do some things to housing areas because of the taxes that will be generated by a residential plot vs an ag area, etc.  Blackhawk is not residential.  There are very specific parameters that they, and other race tracks, can do to their lands. 
Super Dave

weggieman

Unforgiven, I assume your talking about thye turn two oak tree?

That was supposed to be taken care of awhile back but it got dropped after Mike Irwin left the property. It has been suggested to the new owner that that area be addressed, trees removed and guard railing backed up. Maybe it will happen this year????

There isn't a section of BHF anywhere that if you blow a corner you'll end up in water.  There are other tracks that have that issue but not BHF.

WERA used BHF regularly back in the late 70s and early 80s. Then their entries for BHF got so low they couldn't make an event happen there anymore so they quit coming. I raced WERA and CCS in the early 80s and helped out others before that. Been going to BHF since 1981.

cbirk

Been going since 86' and I'm 27 now.  :biggrin:  I love it!

My biggest complaint is they don't have 802.11y wireless available to all in the paddock.... sheesh

unforgivenracing

Hey, but we will have new shitters (again) by St. Pat's huh?  So, for the bugs, I will continue to load up on beens and franks.  Then I can smog the campsite around my tent.    :lmao:
CCS Midwest EX 501(RETIRED) E-mails welcome @: unforgivenracing@hotmail.com or, IM and e-mail me @: unforgiven_racing@yahoo.com also,
Check out pic's @: http://www.facebook.com/wolff.shawn

weggieman

I really hope you're not talking about burning tires..........that would be a bad, bad idea.