News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

No bathrooms at Blackhawk...

Started by Super Dave, January 04, 2008, 08:35:35 PM

spyderchick

You know what? BFR is never going to be Road America, Miller Motorsports Park or VIR. What it can continue to be is a relatively affordable place for all sorts of racing and track events. I remember the all the safety concerns over the years, and one by one they always seem to get addressed. Sometimes even before a tragedy.

Yes, the place could be a country club, but do you want to pay country club fees? Good, Then go race at Autobahn.

oh, that's right, we no longer race there

PS: Pardon my bitchiness, but I'm tired of negativity. Let's make 2008 a positive year!
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Jason748

Since we're bitching about BHF, here's mine...  :ahhh:  The racing surface is too damn hard!  I shit you not, everytime I crash it grinds down my pegs, my frame sliders, cracks breaks or marrs up my bodywork!  Hell it's even broken both my collarbones!   :biggrin:

It'll be nice to see the improvments there.
CCS MW/GP #82 am
CRA #82 am
07 CBR600RR
Two Brothers Powersports, Lithium Motorsports, RoadRacePrep.com

Oscar_Madison

I'm so glad BHF is in my backyard. If I lived near a track like Gateway I probably wouldn't being doing much racing close to home. That track just plain sucks!  I'm sure there are some people who like it but to me it is not even close to being suitable for racing motorcycles.
Jason Runte
I used to race, now I don't even own a bike. Dam limited income.

r1owner

Quote from: Oscar_Madison on January 10, 2008, 10:04:21 PM
I'm so glad BHF is in my backyard. If I lived near a track like Gateway I probably wouldn't being doing much racing close to home. That track just plain sucks!  I'm sure there are some people who like it but to me it is not even close to being suitable for racing motorcycles.

I like BHF AND Gateway! :)

coolice

BHF is a great affordable track. And if you don't like the bathrooms, just drive your own there! (we do)
Just stop by Buell Alley, we have lots of fun out there every race weekend! In tents, trailers, and r/v's.
And yes Alexa lets make 08 a positive year!
Did they add more power for us there Dave?
"The only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys"
CCS#958
Crew chief Jamesgang /Hoban Bros.Racing #70 Buell   
2008 Team Challenge GT Lights Champion
2007 & 2008 MotoST GST 3rd overall

r1owner

Quote from: coolice on January 10, 2008, 11:15:31 PM
BHF is a great affordable track. And if you don't like the bathrooms, just drive your own there! (we do)
Just stop by Buell Alley,

So we can use your bathroom then?

KTG

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe BHF started life out as a private club.....We should all be so lucky to grace its beauty!
Gron4 Photography
Motorsports Photography
www.gron4.com

K3 Chris Onwiler

Racetracks in general have primitive accomodations.  Trees and guardrails get closer to the track with every new model year.  Road America has changed so drastically in the 40 years I've been going there that you wouldn't think it was the same place.  Getting chased out of Barber or Daytona at night when you'd rather camp makes you appreciate tracks like Blackhawk.

The Polo Club proably has nicer facilities but I wouldn't know.  Those aren't the kind of horses I ride.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

eddie1000rr

Quote from: spyderchick on January 10, 2008, 08:52:52 PM
You know what? BFR is never going to be Road America, Miller Motorsports Park or VIR. What it can continue to be is a relatively affordable place for all sorts of racing and track events. I remember the all the safety concerns over the years, and one by one they always seem to get addressed. Sometimes even before a tragedy.

Yes, the place could be a country club, but do you want to pay country club fees? Good, Then go race at Autobahn.

oh, that's right, we no longer race there

PS: Pardon my bitchiness, but I'm tired of negativity. Let's make 2008 a positive year!

+1
I DO Love that track.....Love the layout & the scenery and all that.....I'm  glad they are fixing the bathrooms however...I drag raced cars for a long while so Im no stranger to bad bathrooms...So bitchin aside, I think we would all enjoy a cleaner place to crap, clean up, etc.
See you there!

backMARKr

Quote from: Jason748 on January 10, 2008, 09:39:47 PM
Since we're bitching about BHF, here's mine...  :ahhh:  The racing surface is too damn hard!  I shit you not, everytime I crash it grinds down my pegs, my frame sliders, cracks breaks or marrs up my bodywork!  Hell it's even broken both my collarbones!   :biggrin:

It'll be nice to see the improvments there.

PREACH ON BROTHER....that damn T7 broke my collarbone too! :banghead:

no matter how bad it is, BHF feels like home  :thumb:
NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

spyderchick

I think one of the most positive things about BFR is that it's a good social track. You don't have to walk a half a mile to someone else's' pits like at Road A. You can walk to most corners for viewing as well. Tighter tracks are nice like that.

See? Don't y'all feel all warm and fuzzy now? :biggrin:
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Super Dave

What if I feel that way all the time?
Super Dave