News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

No bathrooms at Blackhawk...

Started by Super Dave, January 04, 2008, 08:35:35 PM

tzracer

Quote from: weggieman on January 06, 2008, 12:22:05 PM
Ah, you youngsters that weren't around before those "terrible bathrooms" at BHF. You should have seen what was there before the last ones...............

Spoiled little children. It's a place to shit! Not a freakin spa.

How about the out houses at Road America (no flush toilets not too long ago).
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

eddie1000rr

Quote from: weggieman on January 06, 2008, 12:22:05 PM
Ah, you youngsters that weren't around before those "terrible bathrooms" at BHF. You should have seen what was there before the last ones...............

Spoiled little children. It's a place to shit! Not a freakin spa.

Call me spoiled, but I used the CLEANER outhouse over there...that way I didnt get like 48 mosquito bites on my face, neck chest, ass and nuts!

unter_kid

QuoteHow about the out houses at Road America (no flush toilets not too long ago).

I remember going out to the SCCA races with my dad when I was 3-4 and being scared to take a crap because I thought I was going to fall in the hole.  To this day I can still smell the funk that came from those things.
Mike Anhalt

Super Dave

That's part of character building...LOL!
Super Dave

weggieman

Not to worry Dave.......we have plenty of characters on here.

Super Dave

Super Dave

unforgivenracing

Just don't be surprized when you have to deposit money in a slot in order to use the spot!  As fare as overlooking maintaince to a compound like BHF, Somethings  should have been addressed years ago. 

:preachon: I still think BHF changes in regard to safety need addressed and corrected. I/E: safe run-offs, Trees, and the standing water (west nile breeding ground), and the muddy infield areas your expected to pitch a campsite. In this regard, Better drainage is still needed, as with airaiting the "holding ponds" to cut down on bugs.  Cutting down all the weeds also would help with this matter.  Doing some landscaping may bring in more bussiness in regards to venders.  In short......There are ways to not make it so odviouse that the track was built in a swamp.  Just as with others that where built ontop of a landfill.
Thankyou for listing....I feel better now.

CCS Midwest EX 501(RETIRED) E-mails welcome @: unforgivenracing@hotmail.com or, IM and e-mail me @: unforgiven_racing@yahoo.com also,
Check out pic's @: http://www.facebook.com/wolff.shawn

barney

If you don't like blackhawk please stay away and quit the bitchin. I feel better.
later on racer dudes

KTG

What do you want flower gardens and water fountains? 
Gron4 Photography
Motorsports Photography
www.gron4.com

cbirk

Sounds like that guy has it all figured out.  :whine:

I LOVE BHF!

weggieman

First let me say that the local health dept. inspects that track every year and behold......... it passes the inspections. The place would be shut down if it didn't, so no, the right spectator/visitor didn't do jack.

Second the place is a wetland and the track owbership is sverely restricted as to what they can and cannot do concerning those "holding ponds". They are freaking ponds Einstein. The owners only a few years ago had to go to great lengths to comply with state law concerning mosquito breeding. There isn't much else they can do. They're stuck between laws and people's wishes.

Safety, you obviously are a newby to BHF or you would know of the many safety related improvements that have been made there over the years. And, yes it takes a LOT of money and work  to make these improvements. More than you would think. I personally helped with several of these improvements so I know what was involved. Where were you when we were building air fence for the track? Or cutting down trees in turn 5 or clearing trees and brush in turns 1 and 7, also filling in drop off areas in the same turns. Or how about redesigning the turn 3- 4 section.

I have camped at BHF too many times to count and have always been able to find high enough ground to not get wet. Maybe you're not looking in th right places............

Lanscaping won't bring in another soul to that place. it's not a fraking garden for viewing, IT'S A RACE TRACK! Landfills are easy to cover up swamps and wetlands are not because they are federally protected areas and have way too many laws protecting them.

Be glad the track has been there as long as it has and will continue as long as people support it......unlike you. The track has been there a long time because the owners have and will continue to meet the requirements of the law and make improvements as afforded.

This track is under it's 3rd owner as of late last year. The first owner built it and milked it for all he could. It was a pit. The 2nd owners, Ray and MiIke Irwin made a ton of improvements over their 20 years of ownership. The new owner is looking at and already making improvements that are sure to please many and piss off others because their favorite pet peave didn't get fixed.

So, get off your ass and support the place. Without it you race where? Oh yeah RA once a year or you travel your ass all over hell and back. With todays fuel prices I would think most of the racers at BHF are damn glad they have it, no matter what.

Race tracks are not the gold mines you think they are. They take a tremendous amount of work, money and politcs to keep them open and I am damn glad there are people out there willing to keep them open.

Now, thank you for listening and I feel better too...............

Super Dave

Another new buidling going up...
Super Dave