News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

No bathrooms at Blackhawk...

Started by Super Dave, January 04, 2008, 08:35:35 PM

r1owner

Is that the sauna?  Cause if it isn't Blackhawk sucks!

Garywc

i raced BHF for the 1st time in 2007 and hopefully the last time.
just because they have been doing improvements for the last 20 years doesn't mean its a safe track.
the run off sucks trees are everywhere. and dont say no one ever crashes there. people crash every where look at Barber people where killed there this year on one of the safest tracks.

the curbing? what is that shit  its like a curb you would have on a highway its crap!

the black top was complete garbage

putting up a fence where a bike went into the bleachers ? how about fix the problem?

pit row? it might as well be a dirt road with the scoring tower right on the track

the pits what a dump

not enough electric  they charge you for half an outlet (rip off)

get to park in mud

and the bathrooms they might as well just have had portajohns

so if that was improvements over the last 20 years you can keep that track all to yourselfs

as far as the team challenge being there this season again thats a round i will gladly miss

CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776
http://www.eastcoastsupertwins.com
Monmouth Cycles,Woodcraft, bel-ray,AXO

Super Dave

Quote from: Garywc on January 10, 2008, 09:02:33 AM
pit row? it might as well be a dirt road with the scoring tower right on the track
Well, actually, pit road was a dirt road up until the end of 1988. 

We could make a list of tracks that didn't even exist then too. 

The bathrooms have always been just above a portapotty.  We were at least excited when the pee trough was replaced. 

Trees.  While there are trees there, I don't know of a time when I've actually ended up close to one.  And I have highsided in Blackhawk's turn two. 

Electric?  Yes, but some tracks don't have electric. 

Improvements?  No, nothing "substantial", but, again, a resurgence in tracks is new.  Track days are even new.  That doesn't mean that I wouldn't enjoy or wish for changes at Blackhawk, Brainerd, Scummit, Sledges, Daytona, Barber, Sears, and so on.

Twenty years of improvements are in the past.  And that was the past owner.  The new owner took "delivery" late in 2007.  There will be some changes.  Don't know if you'll notice them, don't know if you'll care.  I've spent some time at Summit, and I know there have been changes over the many years that I've been there.  However, they didn't seem like much to me either.  Changes don't happen over night.  I know we're all hoping for something different.

Super Dave

Super Dave

Quote from: Garywc on January 10, 2008, 09:02:33 AM
just because they have been doing improvements for the last 20 years doesn't mean its a safe track.
the run off sucks trees are everywhere. and dont say no one ever crashes there. people crash every where look at Barber people where killed there this year on one of the safest tracks.
Ah, sorry, I wanted to address that...

New tracks even have a hard time being safe.  That's a long complicated thread all on its own. 
Super Dave

Jeff

Quote from: unforgivenracing on January 09, 2008, 08:16:26 PM
Thankyou for listing....I feel better now.

Nobody's listening...

When they start racing at Starbucks and Macy's, we'll give you a call.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Garywc

Quote from: Super Dave on January 10, 2008, 09:49:44 AM
Ah, sorry, I wanted to address that...

New tracks even have a hard time being safe.  That's a long complicated thread all on its own. 

I no offense to any one i just felt like adding my 2 cents about my experience at BHF
but every track has its bad points and dangers
but I will keep racing and trying new tracks as long as i have fun
CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776
http://www.eastcoastsupertwins.com
Monmouth Cycles,Woodcraft, bel-ray,AXO

truckstop

QuoteWhen they start racing at Starbucks and Macy's, we'll give you a call.

Heh.
Maybe it's because my involvement with racing started in Rally - where mud, rain, sleet, snow, peeing in the bushes, mosquitoes, working all night in a mud pit or at best a hotel parking lot to fix a car the client rolled in the mud were all common place... and it was way fun... that makes me like Blackhawk.

The ladies toilets usually involve the shooing out of beetles, mosquitos, and crickets, and the showers... well, the moldy attack curtain was no fun, but I don't think the place is *that* bad. My only real complaint is the mutant mosquitoes that are impervious to bug spray. Otherwise, taking a walk around the track at dusk, it tends to be rather pretty with the trees and lack of perfectly manicured landscaping (but I'm a dirty hippy so whatever). Feels like home.

I've been there plenty in the rain and we pit in the grass - we've never found it particularly muddy, but I guess we're familiar enough with what areas to avoid. Wet and miserable at times, yes, but that's going to happen anywhere that it's raining. Also, being able to hang out around a campfire at night with friends is one of the best things about a race weekend, but to each his own.

Jeff

Bottom line, every facility could use improvements from EVERY facet.  There are good & bad points to all of them. BHF is not unique for anything.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Super Dave

Quote from: Garywc on January 10, 2008, 11:40:02 AM
I no offense to any one i just felt like adding my 2 cents about my experience at BHF
but every track has its bad points and dangers
but I will keep racing and trying new tracks as long as i have fun
I understand, Gary. 

It's just more fun to scream all about this now in the comfort of a warm house.     :biggrin:   :cheers:  (Merlo's from Anna Maria's...which I can't drink anymore)
Super Dave

weggieman

Yeah, a Starbucks in the pits would prolly fix it all for some of these guys Jeff. Sick.....................

r1owner

Quote from: weggieman on January 10, 2008, 07:06:21 PM
Yeah, a Starbucks in the pits would prolly fix it all for some of these guys Jeff. Sick.....................

"I'm going to beat you Ricky Bubby."

weggieman

Beat me, whip me, make me write bad checks........