News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

CCS MW Gate Entry Costs

Started by Team Spalding, October 28, 2007, 07:40:22 PM

goldwing70

I know nothing of the costs of running a race series but I suspect Mongo is right: too many expenses.

dylanfan53

Who said anything about running a race org. better?  I have nothing but respect for Kevin and his crew and the work they do.  I've raced CCS for years and love 'em all (okay, most of them anyway).   WERA, I know nothing about and couldn't care less.

I didn't start this thread, but if I have to shell out $100+ for a few family and friends to watch me race for an afternoon you can be sure I'll vent when the topic arises whether you think it's reasonable or not.   

Don Cook
CCS #53

r1owner

The question is really will you attract 200 people at $10 per head or only 50 at $25 per head?

Seems to me based on what happened in the SW it did work.  Obviously, he seems to have spent some money advertising, but I think some people here in the know have already said that doesn't appear to help attendance.

Mongo

Quote from: dylanfan53 on November 07, 2007, 08:40:51 PM
Who said anything about running a race org. better?  I have nothing but respect for Kevin and his crew and the work they do.  I've raced CCS for years and love 'em all (okay, most of them anyway).   WERA, I know nothing about and couldn't care less.

I didn't start this thread, but if I have to shell out $100+ for a few family and friends to watch me race for an afternoon you can be sure I'll vent when the topic arises whether you think it's reasonable or not.   

r1owner - we've tried discount coupons at various places that would drop the price to $10 per person for a weekend pass.  Didn't work.  The difference is the advertising, if we were racing in the desert where weather is pretty consistent it may be viable to pay money, it also helps having local connections with area businesses to promote events, that's something that is hard for us being based well away from most tracks.  That's where help from riders who live in the area would be appreciated.

You using trackdays as an example of how we should change is indeed telling us that you know how to do it better - even if you're using someone else as an example of how to do so.

Sean P. Clarke
WERA Motorcycle Roadracing
www.wera.com

AZ-MilleR

One of the other things we had happen this year in the Southwest was a dramatic rise in the number of new racers, and that will help our series grow for years to come.  I can't remember the exact numbers, but I believe it was something like we ahd 18 new racers all of last year and before our September race (We've had 2 rounds since then) we had near 60 new riders.  I believe this was also as a result of getting more people to watch the races.  We also had a couple of sponsors step up and provide assistance to new riders taking the school which also helped.
Alan
CCS AM #613 - Southwest
'01 Suzuki SV650
2005 SW AM Thunderbike Champion
2005 SW AM LW Supersport Champion

tzracer

Quote from: Redbuell on October 28, 2007, 07:40:22 PM
Has the guys that run the Midwest and other regions ever considered reducing the entry costs like they did at CCS events in Arizona? Road Racing interviewed the manager of the Arizona area and he said it worked great. They cut the costs in half and twice as many spectators showed up. 

So lets see, they cut the cost in half, twice as many people, same gross income. Perhaps these people bought more consessions, which would add to the tracks bottom line, not the race organization. With no increase in gate revenue, what is the incentive to lower gate fees? Do you know that the increase was due to lower fees or more people racing? Just lowering the fee and having more spectators does not mean the lower fee was the cause of the increase. Cause and affect (causality) is difficult to show.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke