News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

CCS MW Gate Entry Costs

Started by Team Spalding, October 28, 2007, 07:40:22 PM

cstem

CCS SW was able to accomplish that and it has not really increased the gate greatly.  They got some outside sponsorhsip to defray costs and it definitely made the riders happy.  On the opposite end, they gained way more racers which was not the result I expected- but welcommed when it came! 

Maybe you guys in other regions can get with your race directors and find somoe solutions through sponsorship.  Don't go it alone, since the director and the home office I would assume would like some input on the situation.  But you could provide the leads. 
The voice of the Southwest.

red900

Oh dear god, someone stayed the night on the grass without paying.... Heaven's no... 

Who cares?  I say make it $5 a head until we get enough spectators to worry about it...  Im chargin 50cents to the next guy that used my air tank.  I mean come on, we should charge for everything now shouldn't we?

Dustin Boyd
Cyclepath Racing LLC
Midwest Race Supplier

Ridgeway

I guess it's never been clear to me who gets the take from the gate fee.  Is this CCS revenue, track revenue, or some sort of split?

If the gate fee is managed by the track, something I've kicked around this year is the idea of some sort of season pass / multiple use ticket of some sort.  As a racer, I'd pick up a few of these if the price was reasonable, and offer them to various friends and family for a given weekend to expose more people to the sport.  Could be a simple business-card type pass with a serial number that's punched every time it's used or something to prevent fraud.

How about if we register our spectators for $50 per year just like pit bikes? :)
CCS Midwest EX #18
07 GSX-R600
03 SV650s

AZ-MilleR

Quote from: cstem on October 29, 2007, 06:44:51 PM
CCS SW was able to accomplish that and it has not really increased the gate greatly.  They got some outside sponsorhsip to defray costs and it definitely made the riders happy.  On the opposite end, they gained way more racers which was not the result I expected- but welcommed when it came!

I think during our nicer weather months it really has helped pick up the number of spectators.  During the February round at Firebird West there were more spectators at that event than I have ever seen in a SW regional race.  When it's 105 out your not going to get many spectators to watch even if it was free to get in.
Alan
CCS AM #613 - Southwest
'01 Suzuki SV650
2005 SW AM Thunderbike Champion
2005 SW AM LW Supersport Champion

CCS

Typical rent deals have the track making a portion or all of the gate fee. Also some tracks charge us for allowing you to camp, just as they charge you to camp. The last contract I saw from Firebird had neither of these items included.

Welcome to the supply and demand part of this business.
Kevin Elliott
Director of Operations-CCS/ASRA
Fort Worth, TX
817-246-1127

dylanfan53

So if this is primarily a BHF management issue what is the best way to raise the issue with the new ownership?? 

Hopefully they'll realize a $25 per head per day fee is chasing people away.
Don Cook
CCS #53

Super Dave

Well, you'd have to address the liabiity issues associated with competitors doing one day passes and staying for two days.  Ultimately, liability is the issue for everything.  That's why entry fees have gone up.  And I would expect them to go up in 2008 or 2009, unfortunately.
Super Dave

dylanfan53

If that's all it is then they need a better lawyer.  There are disclaimers that can address someone's unauthorized entry.  We're running around a track at speed taking helo and ambulance rides and they're worried about liability from an unauthorized gate entry and their solution is to jack up entry fees???? 

Don Cook
CCS #53

Super Dave

Don, it's a global problem.  The insurance has gone up, which is overhead, and the entry fees have to cover the overhead.  Track rentals have went up too because of similar overhead problems with insurance, legal fees for sound problems for previously unzoned areas and the like. 

All the disclaimers in the world won't stop a family or an estate from attempting to sue an entity.  It does actually happen to racing organizations and race tracks.
Super Dave

Super Dave

I have to remind myself that when I started racing, it was $30 for the first race, $20 for the second, and $10 for everyone after.
Super Dave

r1owner

That's fine... why can't people still buy a pass on Saturday and get $10 back if they turn in their wristband?  To me it just seems like an easy way to milk an extra 10 bucks outta people.

It's been proven that lowering the fee and advertising help attendance... you can't dispute it in the SW region.

I know people have given their wristband to people going in on Sunday.  Those people going in on Sunday haven't signed anything either.

xb9racer

I know the $25 fee keeps my cheap ass in law side of the family from coming to the races. Does seem to me that a refund
of some sort would help boost attendance. A different colored arm band for people staying the weekend? Saturday only? Sunday only?
I know the Track and CCS is in the business to make money, but you'd make more if you drew in larger crowds.
$25 per person is a little steep IMO.