CMRA EX #126
TipToes and TonkaTrucks Mini Endurance #75
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com

Super Dave

Quote from: JBraun on October 24, 2007, 10:48:54 AM
5.2 HP does not equal 3.8 seconds on any track, anywhere. There's another variable.

+1k
Super Dave

steelcityracer

Quote from: d-wire on October 24, 2007, 11:48:07 AM
they were not even close to you in skill ....I do agree those are areas to make up time.

Actually, I have to admit that they were at least equal in skill to me, if not better.  The riders I am talking about are the lopez brothers from the Florida region, and this was at the 06 ROC.

garrettrick

daytona sucks. i will not attend the ROC next year if its at daytona. you can quote me on that. you will however find me @ RD ATL the week prior to the ROC at another Natl Championship weekend...CCS has access to some of the best tracks in the country to host the national championship and daytona is chosen?....Id rather drive 12 hours to VIR for a ROC than 4 hrs to daytona again...my money is better spent elsewhere.

steelcityracer

HP is pretty damn important at Road Atlanta also.

Been-Jammin

HP was definitely the determining factor in my lightweight races. The same guy I was 4 seconds a lap faster than in the Team Challenge on the same super sport bike, later pulled me by 1.5 seconds a lap in the race on our respective bikes. I ran my ass off and reeled him in on the infield every lap, but he simply walked away on the banking, he had more HP. Very similar bikes, 1000ds vs Bimota DB5.  He won on pure horsepower. He even beat our SE LW Champion on pure HP.

On the first lap of the race, I literally waved at him as I passed him coming out of International Bus Stop, he waved back on the banking... Nothing I could do. I ran a 2.08 on a SuperSport. He ran a high 2.06. He and I are very equal riders on other tracks like JGP and RA. I'm always a second a lap faster than him. It was all bike at Daytona.

Guess I'll think of Daytona more like a drag race. Hey, maybe we can get some of those guys on the 'Busas to give exhibition runs and we can watch. Better yet, let's save the tires and just do the Dyno drag race and be done with it online. We can just submit our HP/Torque readings for each class. Then we can scratch the travel expenses and the crazy Daytona bike week jazz.

Well, it was fun, but disheartening to sit with the throttle pinned and be unable to hold in the draft. When you've spent a deep 5 figures into a season and watch the championship walk away and get handed to someone with almost no points on a "faster bike", it's very disheartening...

I'm done bitching... the GNF was way better competition and way more fun and they had more food and seats at the banquet too, lesson learned about CCS Daytona, I know what I'm doing next year.

Flame on...

Jack_Brock

Obviously, HP is very important at Daytona.  Because I've always rode stock motor bikes, I've never bothered.  I've always contended the ROC should be at a "riders track", and I've also thought to be fair to everyone, we should use a track as close to the geographical center of the U.S. as possible.  After tremendous research( :biggrin:), I found that Heartland Park would be a perfect solution(I might be biased).  Seriously, I like the idea of it moving every year or every few years, and I think Heartland Park is a good option(SCCA has held their national championships there the last 2 years).  Barber would be great too.  Texas has a couple of awesome new tracks that CMRA is not running, and that would be close to home for Kevin.  I do believe that anything other than Daytona would probably be better for most racers.
www.caferacerinc.com
GP Expert #914

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

wolf44

yes...riders track, centrally located....I immediately think

GATEWAY!!!!! :)
Quote from: benprobst on July 28, 2008, 11:24:05 PM
Huh, guess I was wrong,
CCS GP EX#5
2008 Sponsors
MotoVelocity www.motovelocity.net
Mills Quarter Horses www.millsquarterhorses.com
St. Louis Staffing www.stlouis-staffing.com
Ducati Omaha www.ducatiomaha.com

Jack_Brock

I love the avatar Dan!  That Pedrosa video damn near had me crying the other day.  What a squid:)
www.caferacerinc.com
GP Expert #914

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

superspud

Any place closer and more technical would be great.  Barber, Blackhawk, Grattan...  :thumb:
CCS MW Am #778

benprobst

Quote from: steelcityracer on October 24, 2007, 02:25:17 PM
HP is pretty damn important at Road Atlanta also.

moderatly, but not significantly. Its got one pretty long straight away, but it has a 40mph entry and a huge braking zone at the end so corner exit speed and braking ability outweigh anything you gain with a few extras ponies. Hell we ran taller gearing at Nashville than we did road atlanta.
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

wolf44

Quote from: Jack_Brock on October 24, 2007, 04:04:57 PM
I love the avatar Dan!  That Pedrosa video damn near had me crying the other day.  What a squid:)
I remember last year when Hayden almost did that....at least he saved it.
In the longer clip you can see hopkins in the background, he just looked at him on the ground and shook his head
Quote from: benprobst on July 28, 2008, 11:24:05 PM
Huh, guess I was wrong,
CCS GP EX#5
2008 Sponsors
MotoVelocity www.motovelocity.net
Mills Quarter Horses www.millsquarterhorses.com
St. Louis Staffing www.stlouis-staffing.com
Ducati Omaha www.ducatiomaha.com