News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

DAYTONA IS A JOKE

Started by d-wire, October 24, 2007, 09:57:40 AM

steelcityracer

Quote from: d-wire on October 24, 2007, 09:57:40 AM

I have a few examples to prove my point. 

#1 The announcer had to actually use the phrase...."Mavros and WOod are in an epic battle for 3 laps now"...... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

No offense charlie buddy, but I puked in my mouth.  If Eric Wood can't pass charlie mavros on a Vespa....the track is a joke.  All of us can hold a bike wide open. :thumb:

#2 I have 2 IDENTICALLY prepared R6's.  One has 5.2 more hp.  That equated to 3.8 seconds per lap.  3.8 seconds PER LAP!!!!!!!  ::) THis is just to much of a temptation for most of the guys to stay within the rules in Supersport.  Could I protest?  Absolutely.  I can't afford to protest all of the cheaters. My 'SUPERBIKE" was getting pulled by 1/2 off the "supersport" bikes.  Dyno sheets available. Again, Before someone says "you suck out of the chicane"...I did a 54 on the faster bike. 

My solution.....Pick a different track every year.  VIR, Barber.......RIDERS TRACKS!!!! You're not going to be able to make everyone happy...so move it every year.   Give the guys with smaller budgets a chance.

Do a poll.  It would make the national championships mean more.  Can I get an AMEN??

If you look at the national championship winners on the ccs homepage, many top riders are there:  Eric Wood, Jeff Wood, Seth Starnes, Johnny Rock Page, Nicky Moore, Steve Crevier, Dan Bilansky, etc.

Also, you probably could have picked a better example than Charlie, unless you like badmouthing guys who are sitting at home with a badly broken arm.

d-wire

Yep, every one of those guys is an awesome rider.  I never said they weren't.  And give me a freakin break about charlie.  I joke with him to his face, I was kidding and he was in my trailer BSing a half hour after he hurt his arm.  I say Id like to see the ROC at VIR and now Im responsible for world hunger...relax just a little :biggrin:  LOL. Now, we can't razz guys that may have a broken wrist.   ::)

...someone said basically if you guys don't like it don't go and then they will move it......UH, did ya notice the lack of entries???

Some of this was a little more light hearted than ya'll are taking it.  A compromise would be to run the spring layout. THere is more of a balance there and more places to out ride someone.  More CORNERS.   But, according to the little poll the majority agrees so far.  For the record, I would have to drive by daytona on the way to any of these other tracks. 
Dunlop, Crush Leathers, DCDecals.net, GPBikes Inc, Acme PowderCoating, Sharkskinz, Leo VInce, Bazzaz
FL region #2

steelcityracer

I would love for it to be at VIR

ahastings

I've voted with my wallet now since I started back racing in 2003. Still haven't been to Daytona. It cost too much to justify. higher entry fees, higher loddging costs, high travel costs, high horspower necessary. And it is even included in the Mid-Atlantic region for points in the spring. I guess CCS has a different map than I do.
Arnie
A&M Motorsports
Mid-Atlantic VP Fuel Vendor

fatboy122

Quote from: ecumike on October 24, 2007, 08:55:20 PM
and Fatboy122 who borrowed a bike just to win....

So what's the point of going?  you know it's a HP track, and you won/felt like you could only win the race with a faster bike so you borrowed one.. that's a shallow victory isn't it?

I mean, if you know you can normally beat some dudes, and they beat you at this one track b/c of HP.. who gives a shit?  YOU know you can beat them and are a better rider.  Who are you racing for?  I'd rather be like Been-Jammin and just take it like a man and let the other dude have the shallow victory.  By far, it doesn't mean they are a better racer just b/c they have HP on you.

If this stupid championship in the end is all you're racing for, save your money, build your bike and ONLY race Daytona at the end of the year and get your little trophy. 

A dude ended up ahead of me in SE points at the end of last year, but I beat him every race we were in together.  I don't care he ended up ahead of me. Just means he raced more races than me. 

I say quit your whining and do like Weggieman says... if you don't go, they will leave.

all i was saying is that it shouldnt take a HP type racetrack to decide a Natl Championship, thats all..i agree with Dwire, they could just run the March configuration and that would help alot, no complaints from me with that idea..as for being beaten in points by someone, the samething happened to me this year, dude beat me in the amatuer overall because he ran 9-10 races a weekend to my 4-6, im ok with that..maybe it was being a little selfish of boring a bike just to win at daytona but thats something ive wanted for along time..btw i didnt borrow a 600 when i already had one, i raced my 600 in the mw races, but i did borrow a 750 to race in the hw races, i do see i problem with evening up the odds, do you? Hope yall have a safe and enjoyable off season..

RC423

I enjoyed going to Daytona for the first time.  I think it's a fun track and a great experience but I totally agree with Sean.  Having "national champions" determined by a track that is obviously biased for those with more hp just seems pointless imo.  I also think people should realize how unbiased he's being bc he does live so close to Daytona.  Wasn't the Sept. CCS/ASRA round the FIRST time you've ever been to VIR Dwire?  I don't know Sean and I've never met him but he brings up some good points... VIR or Barber seem like a good idea for a final round to me.  Obviously you can't make everyone happy...again, I liked Daytona but I think something's wrong with the national championship process. 

On another note, I couldn't agree with Greg more about the # of people in Daytona for Biketoberfest that had NO idea there were races going on and we talked about it Sat night...half of the ones I talked to were right outside the speedway during the 8 hr ST and had no clue.

Do I have the answers to fix these problems, NO...but I think we're getting some good ideas and hopefully people that make these decisions are listening.
aka Ross aka "Pete"

MELK-MAN

Quote from: Ducmarc on October 24, 2007, 08:00:04 PM
since i was spectating this year due to a mishap at jennings i noticed the crowd seemed smaller and the grids even smaller saw some good racing but if it wasn't 45min from the house not shure i would go either. i love riding on the track but never seem to do any good.after two laps it feels like a track day.since we race for points in march moving the race of champions is fine with me. i really like VIR the the surrounding area, the grounds the garges and hotels are more like a ski lodge and the track offers something for everbody.the other bitch is there's no celebration afterwards you drive all that way spend all that money and it's pick up your wood on the way out .I like our little moment in the sun .give the race to henery degow and he'll make a show of it.do you like the short course Greg?

Hi Marc, hope your doing better. I like both honestly and since we do the short course in March im for hte long course in Oct. There is an awards banquet to crown the champs right after the sunday races as well. I would say the economy has ALOT to do with the # of entrys this year. Im in the real estate bus, and i spoke to many racers throughout the year that are directly or indirectly affected by the poor real estate market. Builders, realtors, investors, etc.
One thing to remember folks about the time of year this race falls on .. its FRIGGIN COLD if you go very far north..HIGH OF 47DEG F at Virginia right now!!! Ahhh, i would not be attending. Im spoiled by FL weather.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

ScubaSteve

How about laguna seca! It's just as popular worldwide as daytona.

Steve

CCS FL

Ryan125

I really dont see what the problem is. CCS has been running daytona for how long???? Now all the sudden its a problem?? Having a lot of HP at any track makes a big difference. I ran the same motor last year (stock) and won at the ROC, heck I won the heavyweight superbike race on a 600. What I dont think you realize is that a low compression motor works better on the banking than high compression. Ask anyone who rode with me on the banking. I got killed on the infield comming out of the turns but ran em down on the banks with only 112hp. Heck look how well the bmw's did.

mike_gantz

I would think switching tracks every year would be to hard for reserving the track. If you tell Daytona that your not coming back for a year, then they can let someone have that weekend and you may never get it back. I have been there and won as an amateur, but will never go back. The first year it was almost overmelingly cool, but the next time it was alot of wide open boredom with walls. The hotels are way out of control, I would think because biketoberfest? I just feel roadracing should be on a track made for roadracing. keep the march race there, so people have a chance to experience it, but I would participate in ROC again if it were at a warm weather roadracing track like Barber. Does anyone know if WERA guys complain about RA? The fastest guys will win at any track, but if they moved from Daytona then maybe CCS could save some money on track rental and make more? we could all save on hotels and expensive places to eat?

d-wire

the banking is fun as hell.....good point about it being warm.   Its not a big deal.  Ryan ..you were flat flying.  Melka was stupid fast in the rain.  The fast guys won.  SO, things are right in the universe. ..but I would prefer more of a riders track to decide a winner take all event.

Im off to go work out, swap a motor, and think about how Im going to keep up with the fast guys at homestead. 

Dunlop, Crush Leathers, DCDecals.net, GPBikes Inc, Acme PowderCoating, Sharkskinz, Leo VInce, Bazzaz
FL region #2

ScubaSteve

Quote from: Ryan125 on October 25, 2007, 10:12:39 AM
I really dont see what the problem is. CCS has been running daytona for how long???? Now all the sudden its a problem?? Having a lot of HP at any track makes a big difference. I ran the same motor last year (stock) and won at the ROC, heck I won the heavyweight superbike race on a 600. What I dont think you realize is that a low compression motor works better on the banking than high compression. Ask anyone who rode with me on the banking. I got killed on the infield comming out of the turns but ran em down on the banks with only 112hp. Heck look how well the bmw's did.

People have been complaining about it for many years. Its not going to change unless CCS starts losing money. The grids were very small this year. If that keeps up i'm sure they will pull out. I remember 60 rider grids before

For how much it cost to race there its not worth it. You could race 2-3 weekends at another track for what it cost you to do daytona. But you have to at least do it once if you race.
Steve

CCS FL