News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

DAYTONA IS A JOKE

Started by d-wire, October 24, 2007, 09:57:40 AM

Gbord

I can't stand it when people use the rational "It's been that was for ever, so why change it now."  That just doesn't make sense. 

I think a solution that everyone would accept is to just run the AMA config, like in the spring. Then you still have the banking where the bike is more important (other than drafting strategy) and you have more of an infield where rider skill is more important.  Maybe switch the schedule and run the traditional config in the spring, and the ama config in the fall. 

I just hope that CCS takes a good look into how they can improve things overall and make this one of the best race series in the country.  Given the high quality of people involved, both participants and personnel, it is definitely possible.

P.S.  Congratulations to all the Nat. Champions!   Part of winning is doing what you have to do to get the job done, and you guys got the job done! 
Begin it now.

Been-Jammin

Quote from: Gbord on October 25, 2007, 01:08:42 PM

I think a solution that everyone would accept is to just run the AMA config, like in the spring. Then you still have the banking where the bike is more important (other than drafting strategy) and you have more of an infield where rider skill is more important.  Maybe switch the schedule and run the traditional config in the spring, and the ama config in the fall. 

I just hope that CCS takes a good look into how they can improve things overall and make this one of the best race series in the country.  Given the high quality of people involved, both participants and personnel, it is definitely possible.

P.S.  Congratulations to all the Nat. Champions!   Part of winning is doing what you have to do to get the job done, and you guys got the job done! 

+ 1
I really enjoyed the AMA layout, more like a race track than drag strip. Good times.

SVbadguy

VIR.......FULL COURSE   :biggrin:

surftheasphalt

MW#80

ekraft84

I haven't been to Daytona, and the only reason I'd want to go is because of the "allure" of Daytona.  I wouldn't go there for good racing.  And I would seem to agree with the people here that awarding National Championships based on HP is a bit rough; much less on a non-riders track like Daytona is.
Eddie Kraft - #48
Witchkraft Racing
Honda East Racing - Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Aprilia

apriliaman

This is a rule that should be back.It used to be that in order to race at the ROC you must have at least raced 5 races in the same class in order to be in a race at ROC.Now anyone can come out of nowhere, never raced anywhere in any CCS races,win a CCS at ROC and there the champ.
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

Cowboy 6

Quote from: ahastings on October 24, 2007, 11:34:03 PM
I've voted with my wallet now since I started back racing in 2003. Still haven't been to Daytona. It cost too much to justify. higher entry fees, higher loddging costs, high travel costs, high horspower necessary. And it is even included in the Mid-Atlantic region for points in the spring. I guess CCS has a different map than I do.

Yeah Arnie, I was curious about that also.  You and I ought to pitch in, buy a third copy of our map and donate it.
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

J Farrell / Speed Tech Motorsp

Quote from: apriliaman on October 27, 2007, 01:43:17 AM
This is a rule that should be back.It used to be that in order to race at the ROC you must have at least raced 5 races in the same class in order to be in a race at ROC.Now anyone can come out of nowhere, never raced anywhere in any CCS races,win a CCS at ROC and there the champ.

I agree 100%
Speed Tech Motorsports / Pirelli / Arai / Silkolene / Kawasaki USA / Farrell Sign & Graphics / Hindle / US Chrome Cylinder Plating / Vortex / Dynojet / Tucker Rocky / Penske / VP Fuels / Woodcraft / Attack Racing Bodies / Stompgrip / EBC / NESBA / Plus my kick ass guys back at the shop

SVbadguy

Quote from: apriliaman on October 27, 2007, 01:43:17 AM

When was that a rule?  I thought I remembered something like that but I couldn't find it in the rulebooks back to 2002.  It would be a good one to add though.  Maybe it would result in more entries because people felt it was more fair.

roadracer162

Quote from: SVbadguy on October 27, 2007, 06:52:09 PM
When was that a rule?  I thought I remembered something like that but I couldn't find it in the rulebooks back to 2002.  It would be a good one to add though.  Maybe it would result in more entries because people felt it was more fair.

I was so in 2005
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

CounterSteerer

Quote from: SVbadguy on October 25, 2007, 05:33:22 PM
VIR.......FULL COURSE   :biggrin:
I got to run that course this year in Moto-St so +1 except for that damn blind oak tree turn.
CCS FL, ASRA
Jason Edmonds

CounterSteerer

Quote from: Ryan125 on October 25, 2007, 10:12:39 AM
I really dont see what the problem is. CCS has been running daytona for how long???? Now all the sudden its a problem?? Having a lot of HP at any track makes a big difference. I ran the same motor last year (stock) and won at the ROC, heck I won the heavyweight superbike race on a 600. What I dont think you realize is that a low compression motor works better on the banking than high compression. Ask anyone who rode with me on the banking. I got killed on the infield comming out of the turns but ran em down on the banks with only 112hp. Heck look how well the bmw's did.
Last year at Daytona ROC I won 5 races with my supersport legal Ducati. I was down HP against bikes in some of my classes but was able to make it up in the infield and drafting. It does not matter what track CCS designates to run the ROC all the top guys will be finishing at the top just like Daytona.
CCS FL, ASRA
Jason Edmonds