News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Feel like I am dying....

Started by Speedballer347, September 11, 2007, 06:21:12 PM

spyderchick

Quote from: Helmsman on September 12, 2007, 04:40:37 PM

The problem with americans is that far to many of them just haven't ever visited a farm and don't have a clue where their food comes from, so they are easily swayed by some bullshit peta ad campaign. 

And if you think the organic/free range branding necessarily means the animals are treated better or that it means much more then you paying more for it...well you REALLY need to look into food production a little deeper then the propaganda that you have been reading!!!  Talk about playing off of fears and misconceptions.....

I lived accross the street from dairy farmer when I was young, and I've supported local farming here in SE Wisconsin through CSA shares, etc. I have visited the farms where some of my food comes from. The beef I occasionally buy from Outpost foods is raised only 60 miles north of me, much of the cheese we eat is from local dairies, and I've met the farmer who raises the chickens and eggs we buy. They are relatives of the couple who own Pinehold farms, my CSA.

I've looked into organic practices, and yes, that does not necessarily mean 'free range'. But as you state, these people take their occupation seriously. They care for the land and the animals.

The factory farms are polluting the soil and ground water, using questionable practices (they account for over 80% of antibiotic usage in the US!) and are putting our food supply at serious risk. An outbreak of one deadly disease could potentially wipe out our entire poultry supply, as most "grocery" chickens raised in the US are white leghorns.

Diversity could reduce the risk of such a disaster.

If someone chooses to become vegan or vegetarian because they are uncomfortable with the thought of eating an animal or its by products, I seriously doubt it's because of PETA. I know I started changing my eating habits for health reasons. PETA uses questionable practices to get their point across, but so does the dairy industry, the beef industry, ConAgra, Monsanto, etc.

Don't assume that folks have not done their homework, many of us have, and decised to make choices based on their belief system. I choose to buy only local meat and poultry, which might be more costly; it supports my local farmers, and to be honest, it just tastes better. 
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

JBraun

Quote from: Speedballer347 on September 12, 2007, 01:04:46 PM
I wouldn't club a baby seal for a coat, and I won't kill a pig for a BLT  :biggrin:

What is that suit you race in made of? Cowhide? Kangaroo?

Before you stand on that soapbox, you'd better reevaluate more than your diet.

ASRA/CCS MW #29
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
PIRELLI

Court Jester

Quote from: JBraun on September 12, 2007, 06:06:30 PM

Damn, you beat me to it.
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

Speedballer347

I have the Dianese Faux-leather suit.
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

zeroice

Hey Speedballer!
Still hitting the porcellein?

From what you've decribed, it sounds like your ailment isn't caused by not eating meat, but because you ate something foul or spoiled. Like you got some bad bugs in the stomach...

Have you ever heard of fasting for health?
Try not eating anything. Just drink water for a few days.
I'm quite sure that when your body is not holding anything down, it meanst that it needs nothing. It wants to clear its self.

I've read lots of books on fasting and I fast regularly as a clensing regime.

Once last year I ate some bad korean food and got the $#its for a day. Plus my stomach was hurting like hell. I stopped eating altogether that evening and only drank lots of water for the next 2 days. On the 2nd day my stomach still hurt but I had no $#its. The 3rd day (2nd day fasting), the stomach pain stopped.

I ate normally by dinner time on the 2nd day of fasting.

Another close friend of mine, whom never fasted before, came back from Brazil with the $#itz. It didn't stop and he saw a doctor that gave him medicine. It still didn't stop 4 days later. I told him to go on a water fast and he got better in 3 days.

Think about it. Look for some info on the net. You'll find an abundance! Just be careful of the info you read. Some authors exagerate the "miracles" of fasting. I'm not saying that everything they say wrong or unbelieveablt, it just get exagerated some.

pm if you want more details.
Krishna A. Pribadi
CCS #707

barb_arah

Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.

Speedballer347

Quote from: zeroice on September 12, 2007, 06:35:37 PM
Hey Speedballer!
Still hitting the porcellein?

Yup, all day  :ahhh: :thumb:  Gonna go again, once I post this.  If what you say is right, I prolly caught something when I was kizzing those cows  :kissy:  That's about when I started getting burpbubbly  :ass:

I kinda like to poop though....it's when I do all my reading

CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

Super Dave

Quote from: Speedballer347 on September 12, 2007, 02:00:02 PM
It's 1pm and I have hit the bowl 6 times today  :ahhh:

A thread about poop?  :wtf:
Wasn't my symptom, but maybe you need to see an allergist.
Super Dave

backMARKr

Ohhh...skullshot :thumb:
NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

TheHiriser

Quote from: Speedballer347 on September 12, 2007, 08:41:30 PM
I prolly caught something when I was kizzing those cows  :kissy:  That's about when I started getting burpbubbly

Mad Kissing Cow Disease maybe?

tzracer

Quote from: spyderchick on September 12, 2007, 03:45:00 PM

although I still eat organic beef a few times a year.  

AAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!

Scientist (Physicist) pet peeve warning!

Organic is a terrible word to use. All meat is organic. I don't think you would want to eat meat with all the carbon removed. If it is not organic, it is inorganic. Is there any inorganic food?

I am sure by now that the government has come up with their own 'definition' of organic. Sorry it is already taken, pick (make) a new word. I think it would be difficult to have a definition of organic food that would not conflict with the chemical definition.

Also, if food is not organic than what is it? Inorganic means not organic, so if food is not organic food it must be inorganic food. Or has the organic food industry given inorganic their own definition. Organic is a very poor choice. Also makes my job harder with people coming into my class with popular (often incorrect/incomplete/conflicting) definitions of science terminology, ex - acceleration.

Reminds me of the stories about legislating the value of pi - http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a3_341.html.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

spyderchick

I Brian!

Yeah, the USDA does have it's own definition of organic, and different sectors of the food industry are trying to get those changed to be less strict.

For certified organic producers have to follow strict organic guidelines—among other rules, they cannot use genetic engineering or irradiation, fertilize with sewage sludge, or treat their animals with growth hormones or antibiotics.

It's important to remember that 'natural' or 'all natural' differ from organic, and that 'free range' does not mean 'free roaming' or 'free feeding'.

Confused? Good! Now go eat a Double Whopper w/ cheese!

Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".