News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Cheaters @ Summit Point

Started by busts cheaters, May 07, 2007, 11:24:08 AM

rogers1323

I know it takes a little bit of time to update those results and get the new ones posted, so I'm still hopefull that it will change.  But, on the other hand, protest rules give a very specific time frame that allows for results to be thrown out.  This situation is a little different than most, so there is definitely gray area as to what should happen.  I would love to have my points, but it would give me 1 whole point in two classes.  I'm not sure how much of a difference that will make.

HAWK

Quote from: Eric Kelcher on May 10, 2007, 09:39:08 AM
This has been handled.

As there was no protest filed at the track the determination is soley between CCS and the riders involved. If there would have been a protest filed then the protesting rider would be informed of the outcome as well.

Eric, I know that is how the rules are written but it is kind of hard to know that situation at the track. This is kind of unusual (I hope) and it was brought to your attention as as soon as it was discovered. I am still not fit to get on a track yet so this obviously has no bearing on any standing of mine but this incident is the result of these two using secrecy to their advantage. I should think that they have lost any claim to privacy in this matter.
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

weggieman

OK, let me try to understand this. Since there was no protest filed, but the situation was brought to your attention by a racer at a later time, no one else has the right to know what penalties were handed out?

Hawk, there is nothing in the rule book about this.

But there is 12.3 which states, penalty for falsifying license applications, loan of license to another party, or participation in fraudulent use of credentials may be suspension of at least one year and possible fines.

Now remember that says ...may be.... not will be.

So why is this a secret Eric?

YellowDesmo998

Quote from: weggieman on May 10, 2007, 10:46:37 PM

So why is this a secret Eric?

Post up... This affects the next 15 racers in every race they were in.  That's a lot of people CCS will be turning their back on to pacify two cheaters.  Their results should be DQ'd and they should repay the money to CCS or to the second place racers in those races.

I've been racing with CCS since 2005.  Anything less then the racers being DQ's will have me rethinking what org I dedicate my time and $$$ to.  This is an opportunity for CCS to stand above the other organizations.

ahastings

Also it would be nice to see what the penalty is and put them out here publicly to deter others from doing the same thing.
Arnie
A&M Motorsports
Mid-Atlantic VP Fuel Vendor

PJ721

Eric,

Perhaps we don't need to know what was done to these guys on a personal level...fines or whatever..
but from a public point of view - CCS really needs to take some kind of "visible" action...IMHO these guys should be DQ'd for the races they were in and prize/contingency $$$ revoked. Otherwise...what's to stop the next guy from doing the same?

Paul Castiglia
CCS - #524 - SV650

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Laugh uncontrollably...
And never regret anything that made you smile....

cornerjunkie

On a personal level, I am not happy with the fact that I lost out on points and possibly Pirelli money in three of my races because of these two guys.  What if at the end of the season, I am a few points short of becoming an expert and I miss out because these guys stole my points?  I am especially unhappy with the fact that I finally got wood (third place), but that it should really be a second place.  I want my second place plaque!

Ducmarc

the plaque and the points yes but do you really want to go expert I'm going to try to stay amateur as long as I can. but I'm old and slow.

rogers1323

If you're having second place finishes then you should be an expert next year.  And unless you only show up to 3, maybe 4 weekends, then you won't have to worry about it.  I'd like to have enough points to go expert by the end of the memorial day weekend at Summit, but if not then certainly by the end of the weekend at Roebling.  It's really not that hard as long as you can finish top 10 pretty consistently.

xseal

Quote from: ahastings on May 11, 2007, 09:49:15 AM
Also it would be nice to see what the penalty is and put them out here publicly to deter others from doing the same thing.

+1

yetidave

I see that the points have been updated to include those from Summit, but the results page still looks the same. So I assume these two got to keep their results.

bambam

soooo inquiring minds want to know what the outcome of all of this was. can someone please postthe official outcome or decision made by ccs management?