News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Cheaters @ Summit Point

Started by busts cheaters, May 07, 2007, 11:24:08 AM

Sobottka

Quote from: Big Deezul on May 08, 2007, 06:36:38 AM
VERY VERY different from what happened here. Some times you can do one CCS double points weekend and enter a boat load of races, place fairly well and earn almost enough point to go expert in CCS. WERA doesnt use the same points system and even when you tell them your race history wouldnt even allow you to bump up.

To recap...if you are decent at VIR, enter every race you can put your bike in a dbl piont weekend and place top 5, does that make you an expert? I dont think so
so its ok to have a ccs ex licence and a wera nv licence? i dont think so... expert is expert
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

ahastings

Quote from: Big Deezul on May 08, 2007, 06:36:38 AM
VERY VERY different from what happened here. Some times you can do one CCS double points weekend and enter a boat load of races, place fairly well and earn almost enough point to go expert in CCS. WERA doesnt use the same points system and even when you tell them your race history wouldnt even allow you to bump up.

To recap...if you are decent at VIR, enter every race you can put your bike in a dbl piont weekend and place top 5, does that make you an expert? I dont think so
I didn't say it was the same. I was just saying it is a ploy used by some. I know the CCS advancement system is easier than WERAs. In 2003 I did 2 1/2 race weekends with CCS one of which was double points and got bumped to expert, but I took it like a man and spent 2004 getting my butt kicked. In fact I am still getting my butt kicked quite regularly but I do my share of kicking back.
Arnie
A&M Motorsports
Mid-Atlantic VP Fuel Vendor

PJ721

well from my seat...you were doing the kicking at Summit...you were flying!  :thumb:

Paul Castiglia
CCS - #524 - SV650

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Laugh uncontrollably...
And never regret anything that made you smile....

DougK

I don't particularly understand the desire to stay AM/Novice.  Money?  No matter how much you win in the few purse races as a AM you still lose money going racing.  To me it's a desire to earn my EX license, it's a personal goal.  However, as pointed out by the people who were affected in the purse races, they are having money taken out of their pockets and that should be remedied.

ahastings

Quote from: sv814 on May 07, 2007, 11:15:19 PM
Nah....his duc clutch was terrible that weekend, if you remember, he stalled it twice off the line in two seperate races, then the thing was slipping.  This weekend he was pretty much consistent 18.000's each lap on the 999
I did redeem myself and beat them later in the day at the WERA races
http://mylaps.com/results/newResults.jsp?id=506922&highlight=6
Arnie
A&M Motorsports
Mid-Atlantic VP Fuel Vendor

Jeff

Raking the shit out of contingency as an AM can make racing quite cost effective...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

njracer

Quote from: Jeff on May 08, 2007, 09:35:52 AM
Raking the shit out of contingency as an AM can make racing quite cost effective...

Hopefully CCS will give them a lifetime ban and put an end to it.

yetidave

All I care about is the points I got screwed out of by these two jerkoffs. I know CCS will make it right. This is my first year racing with CCS, and to date, I've been nothing but impressed by the way they run their show.

Super Dave

I don't see a reason to ban them.  Yeah, they are dummies, but just make them experts so they race in a classification that they should be in.  Dump their finishes, move everyone up.  I can't say that I know what will be done, but it's an idea.
Super Dave

Jeff

Quote from: Super Dave on May 08, 2007, 10:36:56 AM
I can't say that I know what will be done, but it's an idea.

So is kicking them in the nuts!  :-)
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

njracer

Quote from: Super Dave on May 08, 2007, 10:36:56 AM
I don't see a reason to ban them.  Yeah, they are dummies, but just make them experts so they race in a classification that they should be in.  Dump their finishes, move everyone up.  I can't say that I know what will be done, but it's an idea.

So they cheat and all you want to do is slap them on the wrist.  I say, since they took money that was not theirs (ex racing in an AM race), make them pay it back, fine them each $500.00 and make them cornerwork 1 or 2 events before they can race again.

Brian811

Quote from: danboy on May 07, 2007, 02:12:45 PM
I'm kind of torn here because Kenny pulled me to my first win Sunday. However in a Saturday race the extra points would be nice.  What are the rules on this? Do they have to race expert in both even though they didn't have enough points or qualify in the other?

Conrgats Danboy! You were always a fast bugger anyway. I am curious to hear the ruling on this also. I know they raced CCS quite a bit last year, but didn't get bumped to Expert. However, they raced in a small WERA class and accumulated enough points to go expert there. I guess its easy to finish 4th overall when there is only 8-12 ppl on the grid each week. Just looking at last years points and Kenny only won one race and Nassef zero... Not like they were dominating last year...