Cheaters @ Summit Point

Started by busts cheaters, May 07, 2007, 11:24:08 AM

morepower

I thought it was mandatory, via the rule book 2.2.6 C, that if a racer gets bumped up to expert in another org that its the riders responsibility to notify CCS of there status change.

Kind of ambiguous in writing but it gives CCS the flexibility to act in accordance.
Arwood Racing
CCS
EX #82

EX_#76

Quote from: DougK on May 08, 2007, 09:28:30 AM
I don't particularly understand the desire to stay AM/Novice.  Money?  No matter how much you win in the few purse races as a AM you still lose money going racing.  To me it's a desire to earn my EX license, it's a personal goal.  However, as pointed out by the people who were affected in the purse races, they are having money taken out of their pockets and that should be remedied.

I think that some do it for the contingency.  It does not make racing free, but it does help to reduce your expenditure.  I think others need the gratification of higher finishing positions to feed their ego.  I guess you have to ask yourself the question "What do I want to get out of racing"?  Are you there to become the best racer you can be? Or are you there to prove your superiority to others. 

Guy Bartz
MW EX #76
Mass Reduction LLC Home of the Grip Doctor

HAWK

Quote from: EX_#76 on May 08, 2007, 01:27:11 PM
I think that some do it for the contingency.  It does not make racing free, but it does help to reduce your expenditure.  I think others need the gratification of higher finishing positions to feed their ego.  I guess you have to ask yourself the question "What do I want to get out of racing"?  Are you there to become the best racer you can be? Or are you there to prove your superiority to others. 

At the highest levels racing IS all about proving your superiority but you don't do that in the novice ranks. For that matter you really don't do that in the CCS ranks. Club racing is about learning how, it is a training ground for those that care to move on and a place for the weekend warrior to have some fun. For someone who is an expert to circumvent the system to plunder the amateur races is like picking a fight with someone half your size. Quite an accomplishment eh. Something to brag about to your kids some day, when your not picking a fight with them.
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

Jeff

Quote from: njracer on May 08, 2007, 11:24:24 AM
make them cornerwork 1 or 2 events before they can race again.

Do you really want someone 'punished' to be cornerworking?  Think about how responsive they're going to be to you and the rest of the field when you're sprawled out unconscious on the race line at the exit of a turn...  Thought not... :-)

Cornerworking is a labor of love, not a punishment.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Big Deezul

Quote from: sobottka on May 08, 2007, 08:17:31 AM
so its ok to have a ccs ex licence and a wera nv licence? i dont think so... expert is expert

NO....Thats not at all what I said
Quote from: ahastings on May 08, 2007, 08:58:40 AM
I didn't say it was the same. I was just saying it is a ploy used by some. I know the CCS advancement system is easier than WERAs. In 2003 I did 2 1/2 race weekends with CCS one of which was double points and got bumped to expert, but I took it like a man and spent 2004 getting my butt kicked. In fact I am still getting my butt kicked quite regularly but I do my share of kicking back.

a few good wrecks and missinng all but 1 round of the 06 seaon kept me from doing the same  :thumb:

njracer

Quote from: Jeff on May 08, 2007, 02:48:38 PM
Do you really want someone 'punished' to be cornerworking?  Think about how responsive they're going to be to you and the rest of the field when you're sprawled out unconscious on the race line at the exit of a turn...  Thought not... :-)

Cornerworking is a labor of love, not a punishment.

I was just thinking outside of the box (stupid).......I still think they should get the ban and have to refund the money they won.

Hollywood

I think I remember these two as riders that started in the very back (must have post registered) and were passing the crap out of top ten - fifteen people (me) by like the second lap. And if I remember correctly, passing a little on the "rude" side as well.

It's unfortunate that they have to do this to feel better about their performance in another organization, but it still sucks to be them every morning. It'll come back to them, I'm sure. This community is too small and communicates to well for it not to.

8)
ASRA/CCS EX#20  
www.rpmmotorsportsracing.com

YellowDesmo998

What races were they in?  Was MW GP one of them?

Jeff

LOL...  there are times when I make dumb statements like "I could totally mop up on that amateur field"...  but couldn't imagine actually doing that.  it's pretty effed up.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

tigerblade

Quote from: Hawk on May 08, 2007, 01:58:18 PM
Quite an accomplishment eh. Something to brag about to your kids some day, when you're not picking a fight with them.

LOL!   :lmao:

What asshats...   :jerkoff:
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

cbrf4_269

I saw one of them pull a really BAD pass outside of turn 10 and ended up crashing the other racer.  But I guess you can throw that into the "its racing" pot, but I still think it was a bad pass and was in bad form

DougK

Quote from: cbrf4_269 on May 08, 2007, 06:31:47 PM
I saw one of them pull a really BAD pass outside of turn 10 and ended up crashing the other racer.  But I guess you can throw that into the "its racing" pot, but I still think it was a bad pass and was in bad form

If it's all true, I'd hardly call that "just racing".  I'd be pretty pissed if a guy clipped me in T10.  I'd be REALLY pissed if I  found out he shouldn't have even been racing in that race like this.