Being Broke Sucks

Started by oh344ccs, January 15, 2003, 04:32:10 PM

HandleThis66

you know...i thought being a girl, with a great resume, would be easy getting sponsors.  boy was i mis-informed.  i'll be lucky to get on a 10 speed come time for daytona.  so how do you fill out a pre-entry form when you don't even have a bike to race, but you know you're going to race come armageddon or alien invasion.   :P at least i'll have a really cool number on my 10 speed.
rhiannon :-*  

EX#996

I changed my withholding on my W-4 last year as sort of a backwards way to build our racing fund.

Now I'm just waiting for our 1099's.   :-[  

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

KBOlsen

Ramen noodles.  Lunch on 50 cents a week versus $7.50 a day.  Looks like a winner to me - should pay for my April tires.  Now if the weather would just warm up so I can ride my bicycle to work...
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

oldguy

Boy what a screwed up lot we are! I got bikes & no racing license ----- Is there anybody here that has all the stuff they need and the money to go race?????

sdiver68

Wow 10 speeds Rhiannon!

Is that standard or GP shift? ;)
MCRA Race School Instructor

r1owner

QuoteI changed my withholding on my W-4 last year as sort of a backwards way to build our racing fund.

Now I'm just waiting for our 1099's.   :-[  
Dawn   :)

1099's?  I hope you formed an S-corp?

Dawn

Quote1099's?  I hope you formed an S-corp?

LOL!!!!

Please allow me to correct that!  I am just waiting for my W-2's.  Now that tax season is starting I have a lot of callers, who have a lot more money than me, looking for their 1099's.  I guess it was just on the brain.

Dawn   ;)

Redflagger

I am so broke that all I can afford is to stand on corners and hope that some racer will give me a ride.
The problem is the bike is usually crashed by the time I get it.

K3 Chris Onwiler

QuoteThe problem is the bike is usually crashed by the time I get it.
And we DO appreciate your lifting the mangled thing off of us...  
Redflagger?  Are you trying to terrorize and intimidate us with your evil screen name?
Hey!  I've corner worked too.  You're not fooling anyone.  Corner workers are the only people who get home from the track with more money than when they left!  It might only be 10 cents, but still...
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

RC51Racer

You all should have joined the military....love that retirement check I get every month.  Too bad I'm too old you really go fast enough to use it......

Redflagger

Intimidate?  No, I just used the name for several years in Yahoo.   I drive a great many miles to wave that yellow flag for you K3!  I think most of that incentive is burned before I get back to my apartment.  I guess I just enjoy the atmosphere.

K3 Chris Onwiler

QuoteIntimidate?  No, I just used the name for several years in Yahoo.   I drive a great many miles to wave that yellow flag for you K3!  I think most of that incentive is burned before I get back to my apartment.  I guess I just enjoy the atmosphere.

I know.  At least the few bucks you get mean that you don't have to pay to be a volunteer.  Corner working was the most fun and best friends of my life...  Then I started racing.  Holy crack habit Batman!
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com