News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Being Broke Sucks

Started by oh344ccs, January 15, 2003, 04:32:10 PM

oh344ccs

Anybody, else going to be eating peanut butter on hand sandwiches, from here on out?  Why is it the year I can't seem to make enough money all the new stuff looks soooooo gooood? :'(  Anyone planning on racing the new R6, or either of the kawi's?

EX#996

QuoteAnybody, else going to be eating peanut butter on hand sandwiches, from here on out?  Why is it the year I can't seem to make enough money all the new stuff looks soooooo gooood? :'(  Anyone planning on racing the new R6, or either of the kawi's?

There are a lot of us that are broke, so we run old bikes.  Two years ago we were running an 88 FZR and a 91 ZX-6.  Last year we moved up to a 99 SV.

I don't think we'll ever be able to afford a bike that would be eligible for a contingency.    :'(

'I feel your pain'

Dawn   ;)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

TZDeSioux

Being broke does suck. But don't worry! We all still have 3 months to save up for the racing season!  :)

Jeff

I guess I could join the pity-party and tell you how I'll spend more money than my entire last race season before I even get to the track this year, but what's the use :-)

If I wanted to eat, I wouldn't race.

My kids are still young enough to LOVE Ramen noodles!

Again though, I will remind you how to make a small fortune in racing.  (Start out with a large fortune)  :P
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

sdiver68

Quit focusing on the expense side and start focusing on the income side!  :)

My $.02!
MCRA Race School Instructor

Eddie#200

QuoteQuit focusing on the expense side and start focusing on the income side!  :)

My $.02!

Just send the next $.02 to my personal account! ;)

TZDeSioux

QuoteQuit focusing on the expense side and start focusing on the income side!  :)

My $.02!

Steve,
What exactly do you do for a living?  ;D

dryheat

QuoteBeing broke does suck. But don't worry! We all still have 3 months to save up for the racing season!  :)

3 months! We start in two weeks and we still don't have a daily schedule of the first race or a final track schedule for the year or confirmation of my license renewal..

But, heck with it. I'm showing up at Willow Springs ready to ride! Woo-hoo!

:patrick
#93 (?) SW AM

TZDeSioux

Quote3 months! We start in two weeks and we still don't have a daily schedule of the first race or a final track schedule for the year or confirmation of my license renewal..

But, heck with it. I'm showing up at Willow Springs ready to ride! Woo-hoo!

:patrick
#93 (?) SW AM

You need to move somewhere that's cold and miserable during the winter like Chicago  ;D

gpconcepts

Speaking of starting in 2 weeks, any idea how we find out what number we have for the season prior to the event?

dryheat

QuoteYou need to move somewhere that's cold and miserable during the winter like Chicago  ;D

LOL! Thanks...but na. The high is supposed to be 76 today and not a cloud in the sky and I'm kinda likin' that. But, ask me again in August... :)

As for finding out what our numbers are... you got me.

Super Dave

Quote Anyone planning on racing the new R6

;D
Super Dave