News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Being Broke Sucks

Started by oh344ccs, January 15, 2003, 04:32:10 PM

oh344ccs

Anybody, else going to be eating peanut butter on hand sandwiches, from here on out?  Why is it the year I can't seem to make enough money all the new stuff looks soooooo gooood? :'(  Anyone planning on racing the new R6, or either of the kawi's?

EX#996

QuoteAnybody, else going to be eating peanut butter on hand sandwiches, from here on out?  Why is it the year I can't seem to make enough money all the new stuff looks soooooo gooood? :'(  Anyone planning on racing the new R6, or either of the kawi's?

There are a lot of us that are broke, so we run old bikes.  Two years ago we were running an 88 FZR and a 91 ZX-6.  Last year we moved up to a 99 SV.

I don't think we'll ever be able to afford a bike that would be eligible for a contingency.    :'(

'I feel your pain'

Dawn   ;)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

TZDeSioux

Being broke does suck. But don't worry! We all still have 3 months to save up for the racing season!  :)

Jeff

I guess I could join the pity-party and tell you how I'll spend more money than my entire last race season before I even get to the track this year, but what's the use :-)

If I wanted to eat, I wouldn't race.

My kids are still young enough to LOVE Ramen noodles!

Again though, I will remind you how to make a small fortune in racing.  (Start out with a large fortune)  :P
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

sdiver68

Quit focusing on the expense side and start focusing on the income side!  :)

My $.02!
MCRA Race School Instructor

Eddie#200

QuoteQuit focusing on the expense side and start focusing on the income side!  :)

My $.02!

Just send the next $.02 to my personal account! ;)

TZDeSioux

QuoteQuit focusing on the expense side and start focusing on the income side!  :)

My $.02!

Steve,
What exactly do you do for a living?  ;D

dryheat

QuoteBeing broke does suck. But don't worry! We all still have 3 months to save up for the racing season!  :)

3 months! We start in two weeks and we still don't have a daily schedule of the first race or a final track schedule for the year or confirmation of my license renewal..

But, heck with it. I'm showing up at Willow Springs ready to ride! Woo-hoo!

:patrick
#93 (?) SW AM

TZDeSioux

Quote3 months! We start in two weeks and we still don't have a daily schedule of the first race or a final track schedule for the year or confirmation of my license renewal..

But, heck with it. I'm showing up at Willow Springs ready to ride! Woo-hoo!

:patrick
#93 (?) SW AM

You need to move somewhere that's cold and miserable during the winter like Chicago  ;D

gpconcepts

Speaking of starting in 2 weeks, any idea how we find out what number we have for the season prior to the event?

dryheat

QuoteYou need to move somewhere that's cold and miserable during the winter like Chicago  ;D

LOL! Thanks...but na. The high is supposed to be 76 today and not a cloud in the sky and I'm kinda likin' that. But, ask me again in August... :)

As for finding out what our numbers are... you got me.

Super Dave

Quote Anyone planning on racing the new R6

;D
Super Dave

Super Dave

Being broke?  How about being broke and having no life for years and years...LOL!

Helper....

That's what you have when you can't afford hamburger for your Hamburger Helper.

And Ramen Noodles can be eaten dry if you can't afford to have electricity to boil the noodles.
Super Dave

TZDeSioux

QuoteBeing broke?  How about being broke and having no life for years and years...LOL!

Helper....

That's what you have when you can't afford hamburger for your Hamburger Helper.

And Ramen Noodles can be eaten dry if you can't afford to have electricity to boil the noodles.

ewwww.. how can you eat ramen noodles dry? lol... you crack it up and put the powder in the bag and shake it up? Eat it like a bag of chips? bwhaahahahahahahaha  :D

Super Dave

How?  You, obviously, have a lot of money to loose yet!  LOL!

Take it out of the package, hold it in your hand like a sandwich, and eat.  You can add the flavoring as needed... ;D
Super Dave

TZDeSioux

bwhaahahahahahahahhaah that is the funniest thing I ever heard. Eat dry ramen noodle like a sandwich bwahahahahahah youre nuts!  ;D

sdiver68

TZDeSioux

Steve,
We all chase money... just some chase bigger amounts than others I guess. :)

Super Dave

For each race that I enter and win...  I loose money.

I just make up for it in volume... ;D
Super Dave

K3 Chris Onwiler

No joke, but I've been so broke that I made the broth one night and had the noodles the next night. :(  Of course that was back in the days of my first apartment...  Rice and popcorn were the other two poverty foods.  A gallon of freshly popped popcorn will fill the emptiest belly.  If I could scrape up enough change for a 40, I was living like a king!
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Gixxer124

Just pit between Floater and K3 and eat like a king. ;D

Gixxer124

I won $65 in a GTU race last year!!! It cost me $65 to enter. I'm one rich sumbi*ch. ::)

Gixxer124

QuoteS_D-

I chase money :)

How much do you make after you figure in all the cost. :o :o ;D

K3 Chris Onwiler

QuoteJust pit between Floater and K3 and eat like a king. ;D

Bring us back some fresh camel steaks.  I'll bet my teammate Dave has got some seasonings from the Ghetto Gormet store that will make that meat the best hump you've ever had!  (Thinking about the traditional Blackhawk BBQ has actually got me drooling.  Is it racing season yet?)
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"

HandleThis66

you know...i thought being a girl, with a great resume, would be easy getting sponsors.  boy was i mis-informed.  i'll be lucky to get on a 10 speed come time for daytona.  so how do you fill out a pre-entry form when you don't even have a bike to race, but you know you're going to race come armageddon or alien invasion.   :P at least i'll have a really cool number on my 10 speed.
rhiannon :-*  

EX#996

I changed my withholding on my W-4 last year as sort of a backwards way to build our racing fund.

Now I'm just waiting for our 1099's.   :-[  

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

KBOlsen

Ramen noodles.  Lunch on 50 cents a week versus $7.50 a day.  Looks like a winner to me - should pay for my April tires.  Now if the weather would just warm up so I can ride my bicycle to work...
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

oldguy

Boy what a screwed up lot we are! I got bikes & no racing license ----- Is there anybody here that has all the stuff they need and the money to go race?????

sdiver68

Wow 10 speeds Rhiannon!

Is that standard or GP shift? ;)

r1owner

QuoteI changed my withholding on my W-4 last year as sort of a backwards way to build our racing fund.

Now I'm just waiting for our 1099's.   :-[  
Dawn   :)

1099's?  I hope you formed an S-corp?

Dawn

Quote1099's?  I hope you formed an S-corp?

LOL!!!!

Please allow me to correct that!  I am just waiting for my W-2's.  Now that tax season is starting I have a lot of callers, who have a lot more money than me, looking for their 1099's.  I guess it was just on the brain.

Dawn   ;)

Redflagger

I am so broke that all I can afford is to stand on corners and hope that some racer will give me a ride.
The problem is the bike is usually crashed by the time I get it.

K3 Chris Onwiler

QuoteThe problem is the bike is usually crashed by the time I get it.
And we DO appreciate your lifting the mangled thing off of us...  
Redflagger?  Are you trying to terrorize and intimidate us with your evil screen name?
Hey!  I've corner worked too.  You're not fooling anyone.  Corner workers are the only people who get home from the track with more money than when they left!  It might only be 10 cents, but still...

RC51Racer

You all should have joined the military....love that retirement check I get every month.  Too bad I'm too old you really go fast enough to use it......

Redflagger

Intimidate?  No, I just used the name for several years in Yahoo.   I drive a great many miles to wave that yellow flag for you K3!  I think most of that incentive is burned before I get back to my apartment.  I guess I just enjoy the atmosphere.

K3 Chris Onwiler

QuoteIntimidate?  No, I just used the name for several years in Yahoo.   I drive a great many miles to wave that yellow flag for you K3!  I think most of that incentive is burned before I get back to my apartment.  I guess I just enjoy the atmosphere.

I know.  At least the few bucks you get mean that you don't have to pay to be a volunteer.  Corner working was the most fun and best friends of my life...  Then I started racing.  Holy crack habit Batman!

schpreck

I too am poor.  I'm just glad I don't race CARS anymore!  Now THAT'S expensive, but it's only half as fun.  But seriously, this year I will not be racing hardly at all.  I might do some SW club racing, but NO AMA.  I will, however, be BBQing at almost all AMA races, and some of the CCS events in AZ this year.  The ones that I'm not racing at, that is.  And for all of you Ramen eaters, just come up to me and say "hi", show me your racing license, and I'll give you a burger, sausage, or hot dog...whatever I'm cooking.  It's the least I can do!

Eddie#200

Quote1099's?  I hope you formed an S-corp?

Yeah that's how ya do it! ;D

Decreasing_Dave

Quote And for all of you Ramen eaters, just come up to me and say "hi", show me your racing license, and I'll give you a burger, sausage, or hot dog...whatever I'm cooking.  It's the least I can do!

I'M THERE!!!! ;D

oh344ccs

QuoteI too am poor.  I'm just glad I don't race CARS anymore!  Now THAT'S expensive, but it's only half as fun.  But seriously, this year I will not be racing hardly at all.  I might do some SW club racing, but NO AMA.  I will, however, be BBQing at almost all AMA races, and some of the CCS events in AZ this year.  The ones that I'm not racing at, that is.  And for all of you Ramen eaters, just come up to me and say "hi", show me your racing license, and I'll give you a burger, sausage, or hot dog...whatever I'm cooking.  It's the least I can do!
I don't know if I'll have the funds to race this year at all, but If you end up at mid ohio for AMA come over to the esses and holler at me, I'll be the young one in the announcers tower.  mmmmm BBQ ;D

Litespeed

Quoteshow me your racing license, and I'll give you a burger, sausage, or hot dog...whatever I'm cooking.  It's the least I can do!

I almost think that's gonna cost more than racing :).  I'm sure I will see you out at the races since I come over and bug Mark often.  I'm trying to get him to buy the Kawi back since I am pretty content with running my RC and TZ125 but so far he hasn't said yes yet.  Once he gets it back I"m sure he will let you borrow it again :).

schpreck

I really like that Kawi.  It's so much fun!  how much are you asking for it?

Litespeed

I got it cheap and didn't really hurt it too much so probably around 3200, maybe a little cheaper if someone shows up with cash and food :).