Brian Lacy

Started by spyderchick, July 17, 2006, 10:51:18 AM

Super_KC124

ssduc750

I know everyone crashes, but could it be contributed to the "new" pavemnet/patch job? I didn't race that weekend, but a friend did and also went down in 7.

BTW heal fast!

EX_#76

Quote from: ssduc750 on July 21, 2006, 06:11:27 AM
I know everyone crashes, but could it be contributed to the "new" pavemnet/patch job? I didn't race that weekend, but a friend did and also went down in 7.

BTW heal fast!

Brian stated that he hit the curbing insde of 7.
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76
Mass Reduction LLC Home of the Grip Doctor

PJ

Quote from: AM_#76 on July 21, 2006, 08:53:49 AM
Brian stated that he hit the curbing insde of 7.

I talked to Brian today. He's still stuck at Rockford Memorial. Hopefully getting out soon. He's not really sure what happened. He thought he might have turned in too early and hit the curbing, but...

In talking to John Fox (who was unfortunately an eye-witness and eventual participant in the crash) it appeared to him that Brian lost the rear on acceleration and spun out and off the bike. The repave may have been a contributing factor, or it may not have. Sucks either way. John, BTW, ended up tangling with Brian and his bike and suffered a broken collarbone and bent forks.

Bad deal for all involved. It sucks to see your friends get hurt.

Heal up guys and hope to see you back on the track soon.
Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70
www.facebook.com/jamesgangracing
www.twitter.com/jamesgangracing

Protein Filled

Hey PJ,

Did he tell you how he is doing and when does he get out?

Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

PJ

He said he has up and down days and didn't know when he'd be released, but was hoping soon. 
Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70

spyderchick

Thanks for the update Paul, I was hoping someone had talked to Brian recently. Do you have current room #?
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

K3 Chris Onwiler

I stopped to see Brian Friday.  Ugly and cantankerous as usual.  They took out his chest tube, so that's a good thing.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

G2G racing

Get well Brian.  I only know you from racing against you but I hate to see anyone go through this.

PJ

Quote from: spyderchick on July 25, 2006, 08:55:41 AM
Thanks for the update Paul, I was hoping someone had talked to Brian recently. Do you have current room #?

Good news, Brian's been released! All the best, Brian. Good luck in your recovery.
Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70

Team_Serpent

Quote from: PJ on July 27, 2006, 07:48:46 PM
Good news, Brian's been released! All the best, Brian. Good luck in your recovery.

Wooo Hooo, was starting to think about taking a ride up there to find out what was taking so long!

Glad to hear!

PJ

Jason, best wishes for a speedy recovery for you too. Hope to see you back out there soon. It's been fun watching you kick other people's asses for a change...
Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70