Brian Lacy

Started by spyderchick, July 17, 2006, 10:51:18 AM

spyderchick

As some of you might have heard, Brian toasted it in T7 on Saturday. The latest update is broken ribs and punctured lung on one side, and a broken collar bone.

Anyone who has more detailed info please post it as it becomes available.

Heal up Brian, we need your fast ass out there to give Ed Key a run for his money!
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

jer271

Sorry too hear about that, other than the collar bone, I know how he feels on that one.

Dawn

mdr14

Us old guys just don't bounce well. Get well quickly Brian!!!

Matt Drucker
MD Racing
www.mdracingstp.com

Burt Munro

I hate to see anybody crash, but this one was really hard to take.  Brian's popup was the only shade we had on hot pit! :wah:

We begged and pleaded with the Barney and Gary and the Ducati boys when they came over to pack up Brian's stuff..... no amount of bribes would help :banghead:

Seriously, get healed up fast Brian.  I know you've had a tough season before this.

Rick
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

DanO966

Heal up quick brian!!!!
Crashing sucks....
DanO CCS/WERA/AMA/ASRA #966
Convergence Technologies/MD Racing
'12 Yamaha R6
'11 Yamaha R6

dylanfan53

Damn, I thought he was invincible.  I wonder if he broke the collarbone on the other side for a matching pair.
Seriously, I'm sorry to hear this and hope he's up and about soon.

(Did Alexa actually call Brian a fat ass?)  :wtf:   :biggrin:
Don Cook
CCS #53

K3 Chris Onwiler

Brian does stuff like this just to eff with Key's head....

Seriously dude, hope you heal quick and come back faster than before!
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

svracer469

Brian,  Definitely sorry to hear about crashing and getting hurt!  I remember following you into Turn 3 a couple seasons ago when your right clip-on bar broke...  what a nasty crash that was too!  I still get cold chills with the images of watching that bike land fuel-tank down and breaking that carbon fiber against your chest...  and not even an hour later I was helping you load that bike.  You seemed invincible to the young novice that I once was...  I just wish that you heal as fast as you ride!  Good luck man!

-Vic Hyman
CCS EX 469
SV 650

weggieman

Word I got was that he punctured  both lungs..........a bunch of internal bleeding along with the ribs and collar bone.

Hope he heals well and soon.

Damn this is getting to be a rough season. :wtf:

matt49g

Anybody know which hospital he's in?
Matt
Matt McNall
MW  EX #302
SV650
2006 Great Plains Champion
         Amateur LW-Formula 40
         Amateur Light-Weight Grand Prix
         Amateur Supertwins

KBOlsen

He was taken to Rockford Memorial, I believe.
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

spyderchick

Gordy, I spoke with Ed yesterday, and that was "upgraded" to only one punctured lung. Brian's gonna have a struggle either way. Blood clots and infection anywhere in the cardio-pulmonary system are bad news.

Edit: as I re-read this I realize that some might think things are more serious than they are, I'm talking potential complications. Punctured lung/broken ribs are serious enough.

Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.redflagfund.org

Racingxtc7

K3 Chris Onwiler

It would be great if someone posted an address where we could send a card or something.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"

dylanfan53

Brian Lacy
Rockford Memorial Hospital
SICU - 104
2400 N. Rockton Ave.
Rockford, IL  61103
Don Cook
CCS #53

APP_Racing

Heal quick and Get Well Soon!
A Dean
APP Racing LLC
St. Louis, MO
314-757-0364

Donate today!
www.redflagfund.org/

GSXR RACER MIKE

Isn't Brian from somewhere near Rockford? I live in Rockford and could help out if needed.

Get well soon Brian!

And I agree,  :wtf:  is up this season with all the bad injuries!?
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote from: GSXR RACER MIKE on July 18, 2006, 10:10:14 PM
Isn't Brian from somewhere near Rockford?

He's from Marengo.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Team_Serpent

Brian,

Sorry to hear about this, I feel your pain as I'm nursing a pretty nasty injury myself from saturday.

Get well soon!

Jason & Jim Temme

msbrit1

Brian heal up quick!
Please be safe out there guys there are way to many accidents happening this year. 

K3 Chris Onwiler

I sent Brian a card today.  He can read, right?

msbrit1

Yeah K3, he reads better than you type one handed in the dark....Sorry I couldn't resist that one. :)

GSXR RACER MIKE

Quote from: msbrit1 on July 21, 2006, 12:12:31 AM
Yeah K3, he reads better than you type one handed in the dark....Sorry I couldn't resist that one. :)
DAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUMMMNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!   :spank:
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Super_KC124

ssduc750

I know everyone crashes, but could it be contributed to the "new" pavemnet/patch job? I didn't race that weekend, but a friend did and also went down in 7.

BTW heal fast!

EX_#76

Quote from: ssduc750 on July 21, 2006, 06:11:27 AM
I know everyone crashes, but could it be contributed to the "new" pavemnet/patch job? I didn't race that weekend, but a friend did and also went down in 7.

BTW heal fast!

Brian stated that he hit the curbing insde of 7.
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76
Mass Reduction LLC Home of the Grip Doctor

PJ

Quote from: AM_#76 on July 21, 2006, 08:53:49 AM
Brian stated that he hit the curbing insde of 7.

I talked to Brian today. He's still stuck at Rockford Memorial. Hopefully getting out soon. He's not really sure what happened. He thought he might have turned in too early and hit the curbing, but...

In talking to John Fox (who was unfortunately an eye-witness and eventual participant in the crash) it appeared to him that Brian lost the rear on acceleration and spun out and off the bike. The repave may have been a contributing factor, or it may not have. Sucks either way. John, BTW, ended up tangling with Brian and his bike and suffered a broken collarbone and bent forks.

Bad deal for all involved. It sucks to see your friends get hurt.

Heal up guys and hope to see you back on the track soon.
Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70
www.facebook.com/jamesgangracing
www.twitter.com/jamesgangracing

Protein Filled

Hey PJ,

Did he tell you how he is doing and when does he get out?

Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

PJ

He said he has up and down days and didn't know when he'd be released, but was hoping soon. 
Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70

spyderchick

Thanks for the update Paul, I was hoping someone had talked to Brian recently. Do you have current room #?
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.redflagfund.org

K3 Chris Onwiler

I stopped to see Brian Friday.  Ugly and cantankerous as usual.  They took out his chest tube, so that's a good thing.

G2G racing

Get well Brian.  I only know you from racing against you but I hate to see anyone go through this.

PJ

Quote from: spyderchick on July 25, 2006, 08:55:41 AM
Thanks for the update Paul, I was hoping someone had talked to Brian recently. Do you have current room #?

Good news, Brian's been released! All the best, Brian. Good luck in your recovery.
Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70

Team_Serpent

Quote from: PJ on July 27, 2006, 07:48:46 PM
Good news, Brian's been released! All the best, Brian. Good luck in your recovery.

Wooo Hooo, was starting to think about taking a ride up there to find out what was taking so long!

Glad to hear!

PJ

Jason, best wishes for a speedy recovery for you too. Hope to see you back out there soon. It's been fun watching you kick other people's asses for a change...
Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70

KBOlsen

'bout darn time!  YAAAY!!
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

PJ

Talked with Brian this afternoon. He's resting at home (La-Z-Boys are a broken rib's best friend) and targeting October Gingerman for his return.
Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70

stephenr928

Paul,
Thanks for posting updates!
(I keep wondering when Mr. Lacy will chime in with an update...But I've seen his pitbike (ahem, bicycle!) & I'm not so sure if Brian is ready for the new-fangled 'internet'!)
K3, when you stop by to make sure he's taking his regular meds, please pass along my well wishes!

What a horrible year for crashes.....

Steve
MA  #92
cbr 600 F2
(My Heart Still Remains in the Great Plains)

barb_arah

Is there a home address where we can send cards to Brian?
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.

EX_#76

Brain gave me a call yesterday.  He sounds like himself (overly energetic).  He was going to see the Doc to find out if he can return to work.  The sitting around is getting to him a little.  He said he is still in pain.  He tried to go off the pills and said that was a bad idea, meds are a good thing.  He said he will stop at the next BHF race to see everyone.

Guy Bartz
MW EX #76
Mass Reduction LLC Home of the Grip Doctor

EM JAY

Awesome to hear good news!! 
Michael Jordan
           CCS EX #??   ASRA #??
   01 SV Midwest
  Thanks to Expert Racing Ltd. in Chicago and Madness Custom Choppers of Fox Lake

spyderchick

I think we'll be giving Brian "air hugs" for a while yet. Heal up Bro, hope to see you at BFR.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.redflagfund.org

Super_KC124

Brian update, anyone?

dylanfan53

He was at BHF on Saturday. Saying hello...not ready to ride yet.  Although he did say he couldn't lift his arms much but he'd still be able to ride in a crouch! Yikes...
He was looking good, protecting his sides that still have to heal (like 8 or so broken ribs) but good spirits.  Glad to see him out and about!
Don Cook
CCS #53