News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

New Kawi 600s

Started by Lowe119, January 08, 2003, 04:16:01 PM

Lowe119

Any of you read about the new Kawi 6R and 6RR?  The 6R has more displacement (637cc) and the double R is very limited.... So does this mean that we probably won't see any in middleweight CCS events?
I thought they said that the RR is limited to 1000 bikes produced. Do you think anyone but the pros will race them? Does this 1000 include the pros or do they get so many of the limited number to race AMA and World Supersport?
Supposedly they are putting out 123 hp at 354 lbs.

I'm just looking for comments....

skara

im looking to get one(6rr) right now my local dealer is getting one for sure possibly two he ordered six but kawi  said no way they are only guaranting one per dealer or so he said anyway list price is what he wants so  im not sure if ill do it or wait until next year to get one, other bad thing is looking at late march to mid april delivery

DanO966

Hey man,
I ordered up a 6RR but i'm kinda split right now, I may just race a 636 instead?  I'm a bit worried about the weak motor in the RR in stock trim.  And I really don't want to tear into the motor.  Well right now. LOL
I really think that It's gonna be a kick ass bike this year.  But we'll see, right?
Oh btw, the RR isn't that hard to get.  Smaller dealers might only get one or so. Kawasaki is going to bring in a bunch of them.  I got a whole bunch of them sold as of now.  The funny part is, I think that I'm the only one who's gonna race it.  Most (all of them but mine I think..lol) of them are going to street riders.  From what I've read and heard from Kaw you're probably be better off racing a 636...that's why I'm a bit split right now about the whole issue.  I'm hoping to get my bike anytime now tho.
DanO CCS/WERA/AMA/ASRA #966
Convergence Technologies/MD Racing
'12 Yamaha R6
'11 Yamaha R6

skara

dan, i have the same idea the 6r (636) should be more reliable having run in europe last year it will be a little cheaper and it will keep you out of the mwss races all good things as i can see it only thing is id fit the slipper clutch out of the 6rr (should be trick)

DRU2

How much are the dealers going to charge or are they going to auction off the bikes like they did with the rc51

DanO966

Hey Scott,
The only two things that are gonna be different are the slipper clutch(back torque limiter) and the adj swingarm.  I can live without both.  Oh yeah the motor....duh...
I haven't the rule book yet for this upcoming year but I think that CCs and WERA are gonna let the 636 run the middleweight classes.  I doubt that the AMA is gonna allow the 636 in 600cc supersport races.   :-/
Who knows, I'll just have to read all of the rules.  But that will make my final decision on which machine that I'm going to get.  
'12 Yamaha R6
'11 Yamaha R6

DanO966

QuoteHow much are the dealers going to charge or are they going to auction off the bikes like they did with the rc51
I'm sure that most of them are going to be getting retail for them.  But if it keeps getting negative reviews from the magazines, they're going to have to give them away...lol
'12 Yamaha R6
'11 Yamaha R6

Super Dave

QuoteA
Supposedly they are putting out 123 hp at 354 lbs.

I'm just looking for comments....

That would be at the crank.  I wouldn't look for it to be making anything really out of the ordinary.  Will surely make good power though.
Super Dave

OmniGLH

Any comments from the CCS folks, or people in-the-know???

Will the 636 be eligible for MW classes?
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

Super Dave

I believe that that displacement limits allow them no problem.
Super Dave

Eric Kelcher

Okay yes 636 is legal for MW classes.

4 cylinder liquid cooled to 640cc
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

DRU2

On the new kaws,in the rules its up to 640cc for any inline four liquid cooled bike. If you have a older model 600 are you able to bore the cylinders on the older models? and if that is possible, won't that make those bikes alot faster then the newer 636. :o Am I reading this right in the rules? can someone shead some lite on this foe me.   Thanks Joe #597 Midwest