News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

New Kawi 600s

Started by Lowe119, January 08, 2003, 04:16:01 PM

FastBoy

Don't forget the RR also has inverted forks and radial mount calipers...yummy!

skara

the 6r has the inverted forks and radial brakes also.
just the clutch and adj swingarm are diff according to the magazines i saw
it is also about one pound lighter

DRU2

Hoe many kaws does everyone think that might be out on the grids next year (636)?

Mongo

I'm curious how many dealers will really get of the 600.  Kawi seems pretty firm on only 1000 being brought in ad there are more than 1000 dealers....  M gut feeling is that it'll be like some of the other bikes, they let you order as many as you want but will only ship you a limited number.

There's no real point in getting one unless you're running AMA's 600 class.  The 636 will be legal for the 750 class.  

Sean P. Clarke
WERA Motorcycle Roadracing
www.wera.com

DRU2

I thougjt it was legal for the midweight class too.Doesnt it say anthing up to 640 cc inline liquid cooled wouldnt that make the 636 legal in ss?

Eric Kelcher

636 yes in CCS MSS

Mongo was mentioning AMA racing; Tommy Hayden plans on running the 636 against the 750's there.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

DRU2

Ahh , my mistake must of missed something in the translation :(

DRU2

Hey , does that new 600rr have a dry cluch?

Eric Kelcher

it is a slipper clutch and I think you have to be wet to slip  ;D
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

DRU2

Transmission gearing and final drives are identical between the two models and, with the exception of first and second gears, both machines share shorter and more closely spaced ratios than last year's 600. Shifting and gear selection has been improved by way of a new shift-drum with reshaped cam pattern. For fine tuning requiring less pedal pressure, an optional shift detent pawl with lighter spring rate is available. As mentioned earlier, the clutches differ between models. The RR benefits from an adjustable slipper clutch using variable thickness spring retainers and shims. Slipper clutches help prevent rear wheel hop during extreme deceleration and harder braking conditions.                                                                         ;) The 636 uses a standard multi-disc wet clutch.  ;)    this is why i asked

DRU2

I was thinking about what u said about it haveing oil in it, that what maces it slip thats wrong. the super bikes that are run have dry cluches and they are slipper clutches

oh344ccs

I don't know how hard it will be to get the RR.  My dealer showed me his allotment sheet for the year, it says he will get 6 RR's, and 15 636's.  He told me that it was because of the number of units they sold teh last few years?????  Let me decide wether or not I want one then I'll let people know who the dealer is. 8)