News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

New Kawi 600s

Started by Lowe119, January 08, 2003, 04:16:01 PM

Eric Kelcher

you are limited in mods in SS see 6.1.2.E in particular (1.)

Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

sportbikepete

Just because you bore out the cyclinders does not make it have that much more power until you go add say higher compression pistons to the overbore which would not be SS legal. Yes you will get some more hp from an overbore but with stock compression pistons there is no way you will get up to the power of a newer bike with the same bore.

DRU2

Ah thanks was never that good with the motors. So what could you do to the bikes that would make them capable to running with the new bike say the 636. Are they going to be that much faster?

Super Dave

And if you make the bores bigger, the piston becomes heavier.  There's a problem.

And now the flame front has to travel a longer distance during the same time.  Sometimes, a bigger bore will give a bit more torque, but less HP.

The motor design really is what makes things different.  Fuel?  Have we talked about fuel?  You are what you eat...
Super Dave

DRU2

Dave yes we did talk about ful last year and we were tring different thing if you remember.I guss ill just keep trying! will talk about gas when i come and get some this season.

K3 Chris Onwiler

BTW Dave, that would be Dru2, aka Joe, aka The newest Hustler!
K3
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

mstingray

cool to know that the 636 can be raced.  i think most posers on the street will want the 6RR (you might as well just sell RR fairings) but (budgeted) club racers will want the 636.

who knows.  maybe the biker boyz movie will give us a fresh supply of cheap 6RR.  ;D :D  cause you know everyone races the telefonica gixxer  ;)

DRU2

hopefully real cheap.and i hope your right ;D

EX#996

QuoteBTW Dave, that would be Dru2, aka Joe, aka The newest Hustler!
K3

Hey Chris....

Can I be an "honorary Hustler" ?

Dawn   ;)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

K3 Chris Onwiler

QuoteHey Chris....

Can I be an "honorary Hustler" ?

Dawn   ;)
Sorry Dawn, but that position belongs to China, our track day girl and occasional racer.  Umbrella girl is still open!
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

DRU2

;DYes that would be wounderful! ;D

EX#996

QuoteSorry Dawn, but that position belongs to China, our track day girl and occasional racer.

Darn...  Denied again!   :'(  I was going to try out for the Hooter's Suzuki team, but something about certain measurements kept me out.   ;)

All teasing aside, I hope China will make it out to a few more races this year.  I only had a few opportunities to talk with her, but I really did enjoy her company.

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton