News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

New Kawi 600s

Started by Lowe119, January 08, 2003, 04:16:01 PM

Super Dave

QuoteAh thanks was never that good with the motors. So what could you do to the bikes that would make them capable to running with the new bike say the 636. Are they going to be that much faster?

Don't worry about being good with the motors.  The chassis is what is important.  You've seen guys on 600's go as fast, or faster, than guys on 1000's...   So, you've always got to remember to ride the bike, work on the chassis...it is that simple...
Super Dave

ice

http://www.dcsportbikes.net/albums/album82/03MidWgtDyno.sized.gif

Dyno Runs

2003 Yam R6 (600) versus
2003 Kaw ZX6 (636)

Max HP on both bikes is 105

And I thought the 636 was going to jet out!  

OmniGLH

Quotehttp://www.dcsportbikes.net/albums/album82/03MidWgtDyno.sized.gif

Dyno Runs

2003 Yam R6 (600) versus
2003 Kaw ZX6 (636)

Max HP on both bikes is 105

And I thought the 636 was going to jet out!  

Ya but the Kaw looks to have a smoother curve.  Between 7-8k it's got ~10hp on the Yam.  

Both look like they could benefit from a little tinkering with the maps... their A/Fs aren't very steady...

Otherwise, they are (according to the charts) remarkably similar in power.  I've ridden a 636 - it's damn fast for a 600-class bike, that's for sure...
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

Super Dave

Looks like a Dynojet Dyno chart...  They suck.  I mean really suck.  So, the AF stuff is just about irrelevant for this.  And the dyno for that matter.  Might be a good money maker, but not for a serious tuning tool.

It is still the motorcycle "standard", and I think that's poor.
Super Dave

OmniGLH

Sheezus Dave I figured I was the only one on at 4am....  ;)

Jim   <-- still at work  :(
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

EX#996

QuoteSheezus Dave I figured I was the only one on at 4am....  ;)

Jim   <-- still at work  :(

LOL!!!!

I was thinking when I saw the post from Dave and yourself - What in the heck are we doing here at 4:00 a.m.?!  

Well, I got Paul off to work - Jim, you are at work - Dave, what's your excuse?

Dawn   ;)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

OmniGLH

Ya Dave let's hear it!  ;)

Jim <-- now heading home to go to bed... these 20hr work days are killing me!!!
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

Eddie#200

I'm running my 1999 GSX-R600 again this year.  My guess is that I'll do just fine.

DanO966

QuoteI'm running my 1999 GSX-R600 again this year.  My guess is that I'll do just fine.
just give it more gas!!! ;D
DanO CCS/WERA/AMA/ASRA #966
Convergence Technologies/MD Racing
'12 Yamaha R6
'11 Yamaha R6

ice

Dave,

If Dynojets suck, what do you recommend to analyze engine performance?  

I just put my '99 R6 on a Dynojet 150 and got 99HP.  If there is a better Dyno out there that will give me more HP on paper, I'd be happy......just for the boost in self-confidence!! ;D

daisey

kawi....oh didn't they start the rocket revolution? so why haven't they been paying-out. and how much will they pay now? tangent here: lets talk reality,
when you eat a lemon, is it deposited in the same
shape or color as when it is masticated? does size
matter? where did the weight go? was there a compromise somewhere? show me the money, after
we see some numbers and lil "brown" deposites of
wood. till then i'm sticken with what i know works, and
i can get parts for.
daisey am #87.

Super Dave

QuoteYa Dave let's hear it!  ;)

Jim <-- now heading home to go to bed... these 20hr work days are killing me!!!

Was up to drive to Indy for the dealer show.  Long day.  Got home at 245AM Sunday.

Good dyno's?  It must be consistent and repeatable.  I think your best be is to find someone with a Factory Eddy Current Dyno.  I know 4&6 in Chicago.  Then, look for someone that has a Mustang or Land & Sea dyno.  Dynojet is the MC standard, but that is just because of the cost.  And few dealerships really need a dyno to ACTUALLY tune.  It's just a money maker.
Super Dave