News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

CCS WHAT THE ??????

Started by gsxr_rcr, May 02, 2005, 12:12:17 PM

gsxr_rcr

I would like to know why CCS is licensing new riders as amatuers when they are Pro Champions from other countrys????????

Just for one example follow this link

http://www.verucci.com/html/main/sponsorships.htm

This will take you to a florida region rider who is an amatuer but a pro champion from south america.  

like I said what the??????

Apparently this guy is good enough to be in the experts and is just taking away all our contingency money from those who are really tring to earn it.

But for him its shooting fish in a barrel.

If there is not a stipulation in the rulebook for a person who is pro in another series(wera, FIM, SBK) to go straight to excpert then there should be. We amatuers dont need to compete with these already proven riders.

Thats my 4 cents, screw the 2.

gsxr_rcr

Ok, well now im making you aware of this.

His name is GUSTAVO LAYA # 712 florida region.

Jeff

It's kinda like me.  I show up with a bike with white plates and keep telling them I'm an expert, but then hide my amateur status by finishing down in the ranks...  It's gone quite well thusfar.  And Tiff keeps believing me and putting me in all these EX races!  :P
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

TiffineyIngram

Like I said, we found out and DQ'd him.  He is not registered for the 2005 season.

Jeff

QuoteOk, well now im making you aware of this.

His name is GUSTAVO LAYA # 712 florida region.

This "unofficial" web forum is not a protest form...  Rant all you'd like, but until you file it per the rulebook they don't even have to consider it.  

Just my $.02
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

gsxr_rcr

This Mr. Laya just raced yesterday at Jennings as an amatuer..

gsxr_rcr

Jef4ry I dont disagree with you that I have to protest it offically and I will, however I couldn't access the internet to do some research before I did so.  I was told by another racer that this guy was a pro champion down south at the races and I kinda took that into consideration but as TIFF said dont assume,  I came home did some looking into and now here I am.  I'm just kinda p.o'ed at him and i dont want to take it out on you guys but who else do i tell until i go back to the track to protest.  I dont really want to see him D.Q'd but i want to see him go to expert where he belongs.  Im just trying to keep every thing fair within the rules thats all.

scottg22

Why dont you take this up with your CCS Race Director?  That would be Henry Degow.  This  would be the proper way to go about dealing with the matter.

roadracer68

note taken, I am forwarding this info to HD himself and he will drop a call to mr laya , If you knew this yesterday you should have came to me a said something I would have researched it right then.

but be sure I will have all good before moroso.

Jeff

Is this even an issue?  According to Tiff, the guy was nailed, DQ'd and does not even have a 2005 license...
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Dawn

QuoteIs this even an issue?  According to Tiff, the guy was nailed, DQ'd and does not even have a 2005 license...

According to the reply:

QuoteThis Mr. Laya just raced yesterday at Jennings as an amatuer..

Perhaps under a false name?  Oooo.....  such mystery.

;)

Chuck

For the record I rarely get asked for my liscence at registration, I kinda like to think it's cause they remember me, but I dunno....maybe it should be looked at closer.  

Was he just flying out there or did someone give him a run for his money?