News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

CCS WHAT THE ??????

Started by gsxr_rcr, May 02, 2005, 12:12:17 PM

sanee

QuoteAccording to the reply:

Perhaps under a false name?  Oooo.....  such mystery.

;)

same guy (i think)
but it was the same name winning the am races

gsxr_rcr

Put it this way in a combined event he was running down Darren luck.  so yes he was just flying to fast to be an amatuer.

tug296

Reminds me of the Red Bull Ducati Team that would show up with their giant rigs, a team of mechanics, golf carts, red carpets ect, and roll out the yellow plated race bikes. Always seemed to have "really fast riders" I guess they were amateurs?
Henry Madsen CCS Expert #396 
2004 Am. Super Twins Champion
Florida Region,  
Moto ST #96, Corvette #6, Patriot Guard Rider

grich575

gsxr_rcr -  thank you for finding the info that I have been looking for for a while. I speak to both Gustavo Laya (Fl-am #712) and Gustavo Marques (FL -am #252) each weekend that we race trying to find out more info to see how "amatuer" they actually are. I have raced against both of them each weekend this year for the FL region and have been wondering each weekend what their story really is.

For those of you thinking that they do not race this year your are mistaken. Go to the CCS website and check out the point standings and results. They are both there - right up top. They both entered, I believe, six races this past weekend and I believe they placed first and second in all but one or maybe two events. The last race they were in - Middleweight GP - they finished, I belive second and third overall and were chasing down first.

Just my spare change as well

FL - AM 613
G. Richards
FL EX #613
'06 GSX-R600
www.vcsracing.com

VryBusy

In Daytona I think he finished 2nd right in front of me - and he came from "way back" at the start!

grich575

QuoteIn Daytona I think he finished 2nd right in front of me - and he came from "way back" at the start!

Your right - from what the web site says, he started 45th. Both him and the guy from Ireland started at the back and came through to battle for the win.  :o
G. Richards
FL EX #613
'06 GSX-R600
www.vcsracing.com

251am

Was he running a Ducati out of a black trailer pulled by a Jeep Cherokee with Michigan plates? I'm sorry, it's a GRAND Cherokee, right Dan? ;D

gsxr_rcr

QuoteAccording to the reply:

Perhaps under a false name?  Oooo.....  such mystery.

;)

You may be on to something, last year on the same bike the same number the name of the rider was       GUSTAVO ABASOLO but now its GUSTAVO Laya. its the same bike, same sponsors, and same first name. And to top it off       GUSTAVO ABASOLO is not racing this year.  I think there is more to this story than meets the eye.  also lisa t has posted a picture of       GUSTAVO ABASOLO from the 2004 R.O.C. but its the same picture thats on GUSTAVO laya's website. and from what I can see of his face it the same guy who raced this last sunday.

EmerWil

can I change my name to Gustavo?

Fat_Nate

Wow -- this is pretty rich.  I wonder if this guy is related to the people who try to cut me in line at the supermarket and Home Depot?  Must be a South Florida thing.

Thumper881

QuoteReminds me of the Red Bull Ducati Team that would show up with their giant rigs, a team of mechanics, golf carts, red carpets ect, and roll out the yellow plated race bikes. Always seemed to have "really fast riders" I guess they were amateurs?

I happen to know that yellow plate. I can vouch for him. He used to race cars,not bikes. He got injured at Daytona last year and hasn't been back since. As for the the team, it's been dissolved.
 Please don't begrudge Richard because of his success. I admit he was ridding a well prepared bike, but rider talent is still most of the equation.Let's here it for the 40+ crowd!!

bmfgsxr

its pretty lame for a national champ from another country to come here and cherry pick the amature class. what the hell is wrong with people.  he should run with the experts to see what he is made of.