News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

CCS WHAT THE ??????

Started by gsxr_rcr, May 02, 2005, 12:12:17 PM

Racingxtc7

QuoteThis is also a good reason amatuers should not get paid $$$ ,

BULLSH*T!! This sport is TOO expensive for anyone without a sponcership. If we could get up more money to make the sport less expensive we'd have many more people able to afford this sport and it would grow!!

gsxr_rcr

heres just a thought there might not be any truth in this but its a thought.   I was talking to my wife about this guy and his name and she reminded me that alot of spanish people have multiple names for last names, maybe thats what he did. If he got caught last year like Tiff indicated maybe he just changed it to pull another one over on CCs's eyes.  And your propably right about his sponsors not knowing that he is racing in amatuer.

This sport needs to keep people fair if we want to keep bringing people in.  Alot of guys who are the fast street guys will come in a race against this guy and might say screw this sport when a guy like this Gustavo Laya waxes his butt and laps him within the six laps.  If the amatuer gets lapped by an expert he might not take it so bad.

We as amatuers need just as much money if not more than you experts.  We go through the tires, gas, entry fees, lodging, brakes, bodywork, parts just like you.  We might even spend more money than you each weekend because we dont have all the nice equipment  that you have aquired over the years. Not to mention we probably crash more than you so theres more bodywork, pegs, levers, case covers, etc...  So for you to say we should not get any money is just plain ignorant. Im sure you got some money along the way when you were an amatuer.  Come on experts help a brother out.

gsxr_rcr

QuoteSo I guess in this case, whining about a really fast am is somewhat justified.  I just hate it when people complain that they can't beat someone faster than them... and rather than work at it, they just whine that the fast guy should get bumped.

Omni Im not a basher for most of the time. Sure I might think whatever to myself, but i did a little homework before I started this thread.  If hes a fast amatuer then so be it, ill get faster, but from what I found I truly believe he is sandbagging and he knows it.  I'm sorry I have yet to see amatuers run 1:20 flat at Jennings, 1:22-1:23 ok, this guy was 1:19-1:20 according to his pit crew and I was running 1:22 running my butt off and he disappeared.

ReneGSXR

Gustavo is a racer from Venezuela but he in no way was racing here last year, he just moved to the states this year. I agree with you all that he should be in the Expert class since he has been racing in South America since he was 16yo and is now 21, but thats up to Henry and CCS to make the move and have him in white plates for the Moroso races.
also CCS just doesnt let anyone come in and just say i wana be in the expert class you have to show your skills 1st and then move up and i think he has done that so maybe its time for him to move up.

xseal

the only thing lamer and weaker than a pro coming here and racing as an amateur is that they are now checking ID's for F40.  Who in God's name are the lame guys "cheating" by racing in the class before you are actually 40 yrs old.

I can't imagine someone pimping that class and feeling good about themselves. When they said they were checking ID's at Summit this weekend, we old guys all laughed.  

If we find out who you are, we will make fun of you even after you turn 40.

Chuck

They asked for F-40 guys to have ID at post race tech at RA.  I thought they where kidding...that's to bad, F-40 is the only thing I had to look forward to in growing older  :-/  ;D

That would be low....  almost as low as a second year amature  :o   ;D :P

gsxr_rcr

Ok, everyone the mystery is solved, my wife was right with a little help from some friends at the DMV the riders name legally is GUSTAVO ENRIQUE LAYA ABASOLO he acquired a Florida License in 02-04. I hope Tiffany looks into this and so does Henry.

Now I hope everyone looks at this post this little more closer.

Now we know Mr. Abasolo raced last year but the question is why would you change your name???????

VryBusy

Good Job & thanks for doing some homework there for the rest of us!  He was definitely fast in Daytona and I could only stay with him for a short period of time.  It wasnt until later that a friend told me not to be discouraged that he was a "Pro from another country".  New to the racing thing here I just took it in stride.  But after all the posts and some more thinking, I agree. CCS should do something.  If there was any intentional deception on his part perhaps penalizing him might be appropriate also.

grich575

gsxr_rcr - Look for me at Moroso, in line at tech filling out the forms to dispute Mr. Abasolo if he enters AM races. :-X :-/

I will inform everyone else that I know at the track to do the same if he is entered in their AM classes. Hopefully Henry will get this all straightened out before  

By the way - what # are you  
G. Richards
FL EX #613
'06 GSX-R600
www.vcsracing.com

hdpromos

I was made aware of this situation today. But have not looked at this site until just now. I have been busy closing out the Jennings races. But I have spoke to the team rep about Laya and Marquez. He denies that either or both are experts in Venezuela. We shall see! I promise you that we will find out what the truth is and deal with it before the next race if need be.

HD

ducatiracer_#100

[shadow=red,left,300]TEXT[/shadow]YOU KNOW WITH ALL THIS TALK GOING ON WITH A KNOWN PRO RIDER RIDING IN AM. I JUST THINK WHEN ERIC WOOD, GEOFF MAY OR JEFF WOOD RACES IN OUR RACES (CCS/F-USA) THEY WOULD NEVER,EVER THINK ABOUT ENTERING AM. CLASSES, MUCH LESS LYING TO CCS/F-USA OFFICIALS TO GET INTO THOSE CLASSES.  THEY ARE TOO PROFESSIONAL TO ATTEMPT THAT TYPE OF DECEPTION, THEY KNOW WHAT IT REALLY TAKES TO RACE AND ENJOY THIS SPORT FOR WHAT IT IS.  I THINK IF THIS LOSER ONLY CAN ENTER AM. CLASSES  INSTEAD OF EXPERT TO GET "WINS" FOR HIS SPONSERS BACK HOME IT MAKES HIM A PRETY PATHITIC PERSON.  I'M NOT EVEN IN ANY OF THOSE CLASSES, BUT IT BURNS ME UP JUST THINKING ABOUT IT.  COME ON LAYA, OR WHAT EVER YOUR NAME IS, STEP UP TO THE PLATE AND COMPETE WITH THE EXPERTS, OR DO YOU NOT HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Lunchboxgsxr

Well not to jump on a bandwagon but the proof that HD needs is right there on that website where it lists him as a pro champion now racing in the FUSA events. Plan as day that is his bike his number and his name. I got a real close up of it in won of the races this weekend as he passed me like i was standing still in the rain. I expected an Expert to pass me but not an amatuer in 6 laps in the rain.