News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Young gun uses knife and bat

Started by msmithgsxr, February 18, 2005, 07:24:22 AM

Super Dave

QuoteInnocent until proven guilty? I think what is really happening is innocent until accused, then you are always guilty of something.

I still wonder though, if the kid knew he had arrainment today, why did he deny he was booked to a press which probably really cared about his well being... that just make you look 10 times more guilty. Not only "I didn't do it" but "It wasn't me they booked"... calling the police as lying doesn't sit look good at all.

Exactly.  Don't lie.  The truth will set you free.  Make yourself out to be a liar and well...

What's your dad telling you to say, Nicky?  

Look, a police officer is out to do his job.  I doubt that it's so boring that you have to go out and find people that are doing criminal things.  

There are plenty of stupid people out there.  If the cr@p is hitting the fan, well, yeah, you can help a buddy, but you probably have a cell phone, and your girlfriend does too...a call to the police is probably in order.  If there are other issues...well, what would your mom think?  Yeah, we do stupid things.  Some things are more stupid than others.
Super Dave

L8brake731

"My Cousin Vinny" is a GREAT movie, especially the part where his girlfriend is called as an "expert wittness". ;D
See you in a couple weeks Dave.
S. Fukiage
CCS/ASRA  #731

mad_brad

this sure makes erion's release of anthony gobert for "suspicionof DUI" look silly.

what a shame for this talented kid.

Super Dave

Quotethis sure makes erion's release of anthony gobert for "suspicionof DUI" look silly.

LOL!
Super Dave

james-redsv

Quotethis sure makes erion's release of anthony gobert for "suspicionof DUI" look silly.

what a shame for this talented kid.
If it had been the first time this he had donethis he probally wouldnt have been fired. Since it was a pattern with him erion really had no choice. Im sure he was warned before he signed, one slip and your out. 8) The sad part is he couldnt help himself. He had one last chance and he blew it.

mad_brad

blew what? he was not charged with anything.

whatever. gobert is the finest racer the ama has ever had the pleasure to see.

a hell of a nice guy, and ten times a better human being than mat mlady.

peace.

r6_philly

DUI and smoking week isn't exactly something the paddock are not used to, I don't see what the big deal is with gobert...

I still don't see Aaron Yates being released for looking stupid and being a great role model on national TV, the gobert thing is just grossly unfair.

Super Dave

QuoteDUI and smoking week isn't exactly something the paddock are not used to, I don't see what the big deal is with gobert...

I still don't see Aaron Yates being released for looking stupid and being a great role model on national TV, the gobert thing is just grossly unfair.

In the early 70's, there was a guy that smoked weed and raced the AMA 250 or 350 Grand Prix series.  He hurt himself and others.  That set the standard there for drug testing.

Teams, however, paid Gobert's salary.  They were the ones that fired him.  Talented, yeah.  But with a handful of dates that you actually "work" on...you're there to win championships...there are bonuses available.  If you're a mechanic, and your rider is out doin' something he shouldn't...why should you expend any effort?  You're not gonna get that bonus.  You're gonna have to work overtime when the testing program should have been done some other time.  

Good rider...

But the AMA has had lots of world champions.  Roberts, Edwards, Lawson, Rainey, Schwantz, Baker, Polen, Russell, Spencer...Gobert's won some races.  Nice.  So did those other guys.
Super Dave

mad_brad

i think some folks need to go back and watch gobert win on theat POS kawasaki in WSB. (a series that mladin never di, or will win) and take note that no one has ridden a bike like him since. haga has come close with the YZF. one should also know he won his first ever WSB race. gobert's predicament is a shame for sure.

i just see no need to ostracize him. like i said. he's still the greatest, nicest, most humble guy the AMA has ever seen.

and don't get me started on the reason that the JACKASS known as aaron yates still has a job. NOTHING gobert ever did can compare to a single one of his asinine episodes.

K3 Chris Onwiler

Quoteand don't get me started on the reason that the JACKASS known as aaron yates still has a job. NOTHING gobert ever did can compare to a single one of his asinine episodes.
When I think of the sheer number of talented, aspiring pro newcomers who deserve Yates' ride more than he does....
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

K3 Chris Onwiler

I don't know if I'm the only one to feel this way, but I no longer use Yoshimura products.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Clarkie

Quoteone should also know he won his first ever WSB race. gobert's predicament is a shame for sure.

2nd Race, he was winning the first race but team orders made him pull over on the last lap to let Russell by, the second race there were no Team orders  ;)