2005 Pacific Region??

Started by digitalRoost, December 11, 2004, 07:11:09 PM

racen123

Go ahead and run AFM, look what happened, two guys died in one season, I'll stay with CCS.

Decreasing_Dave

QuoteIf you had a choice between Firebird and Sears Point,
which would you choose?

I'd pick Firebrid.  It still takes me 3 hours just to get there, let alone the tracks in Cali.  Sears point is just that much further than Buttonwillow for me.  BW takes me 14 hours to get to.  SoW takes me 12.  Vegas takes me 9-10 depending on traffic.

I don't want to lose the PAC tracks and riders either, I'd just as soon travel OCCASIONALLY to the Cali tracks to race with you guys, but money is always a factor.

I spend between $1,500 and $2,000 per weekend.  More if it's a twinsprint.  This shouldn't be news to some of you but to others......

The closer the races, the less money it cost me to run.  :-/

Dave

MZGirl

QuoteI'd pick Firebrid.  

I'm with you, Dave.  It's nice to travel only 1.5 hrs from Tucson to a track for racing once in awhile.  Firebird is the only track that my parents and some of my friends from Tucson can travel to for races, because it's a short day trip for them.  So at least they get to spectate and watch some of my races a few times a year.

I'm pretty happy with the SW schedule for next year.  Arroyo, which is my favorite track to run, finally made it on there, and we even got 2 rounds.  Plus, there's no conflict this year between CCS & ASMA, which is good.  I'm really looking forward to next season.

Decreasing_Dave

Quote Arroyo, which is my favorite track to run, finally made it on there, and we even got 2 rounds.   I'm really looking forward to next season.

I'm not looking forward to racing you on Zac's old R6 at Arroyo.  You're gonna make me look silly.

Would you guys be willing to share a mid-week track day there??  I thought that for $100 each for 5 of us it would be worth our time and money.  I might be able to get a couple of guys plus me to share the expenses.

Lets not do it on the shortest day of the year though.  ;D

Lemme No

Dave

MZGirl

Yeah, right.   ::)  I'm still learning to ride the damn thing.  Still playing around with suspension and such.

I don't know if you heard, but Zac broke his wrist last race (long story).  So he's in a cast until the 27th.   :-/  We've got 3 engines to pull and work on, so we'll probably be swamped doing that.

You'll have fun if you go out there with a small group like that.  Roger's usually available, too, so he hops on the R6 and plays.  I always have a bit of trouble riding on days like that, because you realize there's no cornerworkers if you go down.  But that usually makes you slow down, which helps when learning that track.

cstem

Well, now the moment you have all been waiting for, ME to weigh in on this 2005 schedule.  Okay, maybe you have not been waiting but I will bet you won't stop reading! ;D  I don't have any word on the Pacific region, but I do know that it was and has been since its inception hemorraging badly at times.  Think about it, even though the grids usually outnumbered that of other races, they still lost the coin- Cali tracks are not cheap and some like to play silly games (just my OWN honest opinion) and others, while the friendliest track owners on the planet, just lose us by being in an area where even a gallon of milk cost a 1/3 more than anywhere else! It stinks as I really think that multiple tracks have helped us cultivate some serious talent that have gone on to great sucess elsewhere.  On a great note, is the news of us racing in New Mexico with Roger and his crew!  I knew about this for awhile and was busting to tell- but was sworn to secrecy lest Kevin make me eat my microphone!  Of course, the AMP park is in the news again- but do not expect it to open unfortunately for racing.  Plus, the concession they will make to reopen does not allow bikes on course before 10 am and off by 6pm- just won't work with our class laden schedule.  I apologize for the late start to the season, My fiancee Beth (scoring and registration) and I are getting married February 20th and told Keving no racing on that date, and we really appreciate him listening (disclaimer for you conspiracy theorists- just kidding so shut it!).  Don't forget to RSVP for the banquet- I have talked ot many who are going to show and from the short list I have compiled, it sounds like a lot of fun will be had as usual!!  Happy holidays to all of you- Cory ;)
The voice of the Southwest.

MZGirl

QuoteI apologize for the late start to the season, My fiancee Beth (scoring and registration) and I are getting married February 20th and told Keving no racing on that date, and we really appreciate him listening (disclaimer for you conspiracy theorists- just kidding so shut it!).

Wow!  Congrats to both of you!   :D

I'm actually glad the season doesn't start until the beginning of March.  More time to prepare!  So thanks for any, uh, "convincing" that went on (or didn't go on...not that I'm insinuating anything...cause I'm not).

brian213

QuoteDon't forget to RSVP for the banquet- I have talked ot many who are going to show and from the short list I have compiled, it sounds like a lot of fun will be had as usual!!  Happy holidays to all of you- Cory ;)
Conspiracy theory time!!!  ???  Banquet info for SW and Pacific has never seen my eyes....I believe I won a championship in each and would appreciate getting my plaque at least, as well as a fun dinner with the fun people I got to hang out with this year.  :)

Congrats on the upcoming wedding as well!

-Brian

RAY_HYMER

Brian:   The banquet is March 5, at 7:30 PM.  You can see the link on the CCS homepage.  It is for the SW AND Pacific regions.   :-/

Elaine:  COME ONNNNN!!!   >:(

Cory:  Congrats and stuff about the wedding!  Hey, if Dave gets the Arroyo Seco track day going, do you want to ride with us?  I'll pay your way as a token wedding gift.  I've got bike'o'plenty, so don't worry about equipment.  I'll loan you some leathers, too, but I have to see if I have a girl's size!   ;D  

Dave:  I have a group of 5 (or more) that will go anytime anyone wants to go to Arroyo.  I'm sure we can get more by just getting the word out.  We joke around a lot and tend to be a bit less serious than most racers would like (plus there is an abundance of farting!), but we always have fun.  Roger would let us play with pocketbikes, too, and there is a nice section that can be coned off for a lunchtime pit bike "demonstration"!  We would need to bring a flag guy or two, and maybe someone that has a bit of medical know how.  How much lead time do you/Roger need?

You can call me anytime at 602-628-8321

Roger@ASMA

You know Beth was underage when I met her......wait.......does that make me old?

Roger@ASMA

If it's on a weekday I only need a few days notice. Weekends lots more notice! There is one weekend open in January still and we also have trackdays on Jan 15-16th.

Roger@ASMA

Also, I have added additional runoff in 6 of the turns this week (200ft in one turn)...hopefully be finished by tomorrow or Wednesday. Not that there was really a problem, just trying to smooth out a little bit of the desert.