News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

2004/5 Schedule-AGAIN!

Started by ninjachick, December 07, 2004, 09:56:46 AM

RAY_HYMER

What kind of planning would you do for a schedule that is tentative?  Make tentative plans?   ??? ???

I sympathize with those who need to schedule vacations for road trips, but let's just relax, and I am sure CCS realizes to post the schedule when it is the proper time to do so.  ::)

If a tentative schedule were posted, and then revised, there would be a whole new thread on how frustrating it is having to change plans, and how CCS shouldn't have posted it if they weren't sure, etc, etc. :-/

TiffineyIngram

Gracias, Ray.  Oh, and Heather is right.

RAY_HYMER

Did she say I was a hot, sexy, stud muffin?   ;D :-*

TiffineyIngram

Uh...yeah, that's what she said... ;D

Read her last post.

Chuck

Tiffiney how can you allow yourself potty breaks?!  Sheeesh...jk lol  ;D  ;)  :P

LMsports

Thanks for some of the clues given. I would much rather have a "tentative" schedule to work off of for budgeting both time and money though, with revisions given on a final "official" schedule when it is set in stone. I'm sure that as long as communication is clear, most people would prefer this as well. Tiffiney, just want to say thanks to you and the others who help get all this in place for us so that we have all this wonderful opportunity.
Rob Oliva
Lithium Motorsports, Inc.
Suspension Solutions
712-546-7747
www.lithiummotorsports.net

Mongo

I'm sure that Kevin has the same issues I do getting a schedule done and even more since my corporate structure is one person and her office is just down the hallway.  It's not easy getting a final schedule done by now sorry, tracks move things on you and then you get contracts that have price increases and other messed up demands that make it very hard to sign them.

Basically I got ours done early this year purely by luck and that's it.  

Sean P. Clarke
WERA Motorcycle Roadracing
www.wera.com

Mongo

Oh yeah - tentative schedules cause many more issues than a delayed firm schedule.  Many, many more for us and riders alike.

Sean P. Clarke
www.wera.com

Clay

I dunno, I think a schedule released now with the dates that are still tentative in red or something would be of great benefit to alot of people.  Plus, put TENTATIVE all over the dang thing.  That way, they'd know at least some of the dates they could go ahead and start planning for.

It honestly doesn't make a huge difference to me, as I have no plans for anything until I can get a new bike.  LOL

ecumike

If you want a 'tentative' schedule... look at this past year's.  It's pretty much the same year to year.

:D

At least for the MA/SE regions.

Mongo

What Ecumike said - last years is a pretty good tentative if you really really need to look at  something.

Other than that - trust me, Kevin and I have both BTDT and it's not worth it.  Tentative schedules are great until they have to be changed.  Short term they make people happy long term they cause major problems.

Sean P. Clarke
www.wera.com