News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

2004/5 Schedule-AGAIN!

Started by ninjachick, December 07, 2004, 09:56:46 AM

ninjachick

how frustrating to everyone! i wonder why it takes them so long to post the schedule? surely they have all the dates and tracks worked out by this point in the game, right? i don't know a whole lot about this arena, and am trying to learn, but you'd think it would do THEM (CCS) a favor by posting the schedule asap, wouldn't they get a better turn out which usually = more money????

TiffineyIngram

I love being called a THEM.  Reasons why the schedule is yet to be released:
1--Before we can release anything, especially a schedule, we must a) get approval from Clearchannel Corporate and b) have all of our contracts signed.  This may not seem like a big issue to anyone not involved, but when you are part of a big corporation, you must check, recheck, then check again several things before making it public knowledge (this goes for things other than schedules as well).
2--We are still working on getting dates at a few new venues.  We are hoping to include them on the first schedule we release to give everyone as much planning time as possible.

Guys, I am pretty easy to deal with, so if you just write to me, I'll respond.  Please don't feel that the only way to get information is to post on here.  Right now my email box is empty (for the first time in about 3 years), so send me your questions, thoughts, and comments if you feel you'd like to.  I'll be right here to respond as soon as I can.  (I do allow myself potty breaks, though, so be a little patient.)
 ;)

Clay

Tiffiney, why don't you post a "tentative" schedule?  Makes sense to me!  You can even state which dates are 99% sure and which dates are 1% sure.  It seems you're (CCS) is potentially loosing money the longer you wait.  So it would make good sense to get something out so people could make plans.

LMsports

Rob Oliva
Lithium Motorsports, Inc.
Suspension Solutions
712-546-7747
www.lithiummotorsports.net

ninjachick

thanks tiffiney for the information....and please, i meant no harm by "THEM" :) like i said, i'm new here and trying to orient myself to this entire realm of life!!! but your post is very informative and i appreciate you responding! i understand not wanting to post anything prematurely....that could definitely tick some folks off.....do you have any definites that could be out for the public eye, by chance??

the_weggie_man

The tentative, I repeat, tentative as of last night, Blackhawk Farms schedule looks like this:  May 7-8, May 28-29, July 16-17,
August 27-28, September 24-25.

GSXR RACER MIKE

Having a complete schedule is nice, but I realize that it's a small number of events that are holding up the release of the confirmed events. I think releasing what is approved would help those that need notice as far ahead of time as possible. Putting the word 'TENATIVE' for any event still in question, without listing the location, would help people to schedule the appropriate race weekends off (though they still wouldn't know exactly how many days to schedule due to travel time variences of different tracks).

On the other side of the coin I see what happened several times in the recent past with early released schedules that people were using for the season once it started. How many people showed up at Road America last year for the 2nd scheduled event even after it had been rescheduled for Heartlant Park? I've seen numerous people going off of the tenative schedule (that is usually included with our renewal) for the whole season. With multiple schedules floating around that can lead to problems. But on the other hand if an event is not labeled specifically then someone relying on the tenative schedule wouldn't know where to go on a specific date so they would have to check a current schedule. :)
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

cardzilla

Tiff, please, oh please put Road Atlanta back on the schedule.  I know you can't do it by yourself, but let "THEM" know  ;D
Larry Dodson
CCS # 22
2004 Yamaha R1 Superbike

firerider

At least release the first part of the year if possible? I am thinking of Daytona, but unless their is a date real soon my work schedule may not allow me to go. I will have to take close to a week of vacation, so knowing something earlier would be helpful.
P.S. Road Atlanta sounds good to me to ;)

StumpysWife

I have absolutely no source but past experience, but I'm going to say Daytona will be March 4-6 as the Daytona 200 is March 12.

Heather

Jeff

QuoteI love being called a THEM.

I dunno Tiff..  I think it came out better pointing to CCS vice pointing to you personally.  Let's edit to see...

=====================================

how frustrating to everyone! i wonder why it takes Tiffiney Kelcher so long to post the schedule? surely Tiffiney Kelcher has all the dates and tracks worked out by this point in the game, right? i don't know a whole lot about this arena, and am trying to learn, but you'd think it would do Tiffiney Kelcher a favor by posting the schedule asap, wouldn't they get a better turn out which usually = more money?

=====================================

Wow...  I'm guessing the flames would've been hotter had the above been written ;-)

You know we all love you Tiff.  It's just that some folks may not understand that you have a LOT on your plate and do the best you can...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

TiffineyIngram

I'm not saying it's being pointed at me, but considering CCS consists of three people, it's hard not to take things personally.  We'll be releasing the schedule within the next couple of days (Kevin is feeling better now).  Even though we know the dates for most venues, the other part of the puzzle was contracts being signed.  It's not as easy as just typing everything out and putting it on the net.  If we could, believe me, we would have by now.  It doesn't help anyone to hold it on purpose, so we obviously wouldn't do that.  A wise person once told me "there's a reason for everything, whether you're able to see it or not".  We're not keeping the schedule from you guys just to be meanies.