News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Wife advice needed from racers

Started by cardzilla, November 18, 2004, 05:01:26 AM

Lowe119

You should've just told her that you are going to do a full season of track days - possibly going for the "Track Day Title."  ;D

Then maybe do 1 AMA "race". It's only 1 race ;D j/k

StumpysWife

QuoteIT's not always greener on the other side! O.k. Maybe it is ;D ;D ;D  

Well we could take up lawn darts and see how much you like me badgering your butt about lawn darts.   :-*

Yup, he does have it rough!   ;)

Heather

Photo_Chick

My hubby bought me my first camera so I could take pictures while I was at the track (preferably of him).  Never took pics before (and at the time it showed), but I had a blast mostly laughing at my first efforts.  Needless to say, now I'm at the track more than he is and he's way jealous!

davegsxrold929r

QuoteYou should've just told her that you are going to do a full season of track days - possibly going for the "Track Day Title."  ;D

Then maybe do 1 AMA "race". It's only 1 race ;D j/k

see now thats the best advice of all...... ;D :-X

she will come around., take her to some races to watch., mine love to come., and the main reason is the people., it is a great group to be around...  plus you can spend time with her., you are only on the track 20minutes each race., for the most part...

WebCrush

Quote.. take her to some races to watch., mine love to come....

um, davey--that was written using a plaural conjugation.  are you suggesting that you bring more than one wife to the track? :D

EX#996

Quoteum, davey--that was written using a plaural conjugation.  are you suggesting that you bring more than one wife to the track? :D

LOL...

I was thinking the same thing.

:D
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Jeff

Ruffies!

..... back in on Sunday night, broken & battered.  "boy hon, you must have worked hard all week because you slept through the whole weekend!  Me, I was out doing yardwork and fell out of the tree! (Tripped on a shovel, fell down the stairs, etc)"

;D ;D ;D
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

davegsxrold929r

Quoteum, davey--that was written using a plaural conjugation.  are you suggesting that you bring more than one wife to the track? :D

shhh dont tell her i bring others.. damn..

loves.... how is that ., we all know i type for sh.t

TrackBrat

ahhhhhh, I remember the fast A#$ during the rider school @ Roebling!!!!!!!!!  You interupted my nap............heheheheehe....j/k.

tshowrench

Married, two kids here... Crew chief, not a racer, but still gone 30+ weekends a year... In 2006 I will be gone 180 days between racing and testing...

My wife knew when I married her, and she is pretty damn supportive of it... There was some grief when I had to go race and she was on bed rest and pregnant, or when I went on a 3 week roadtrip when she was at home with our 2.5yo and a newborn, but outside of that, shes pretty good...

If you want to race, race, you can never get the years back, you do NOT want to be old and dying one day and look back and say "I wish I would have raced daytona just ONCE"

Your wife can forgive you, she can get involved, or she can get replaced.

Simple as that...

oldguy

QuoteIf you want to race, race, you can never get the years back, you do NOT want to be old and dying one day and look back and say "I wish I would have raced daytona just ONCE"

Your wife can forgive you, she can get involved, or she can get replaced.

Simple as that...
That may sound harsh, but life is REAL short. Compromise, read all these posts, and come up with a plan. Diamonds work for me (and a lot of life insurance)  ;D

Gixxerblade

Dump the chick. Its not worht the hassle. f course I am saying that cause I'm slightly drunk. I'll probably tell you something more better tomorrow.