News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Potato head award....

Started by Dawn, October 06, 2004, 09:40:51 AM

Dawn

In the MW we have the infamous 'Potato Head' award.  Since I haven't been to all the races this year, I'm a bit out of touch with those who would qualify for such an honor.

Who are some of the qualifiers this year?

Dawn   ;)

Mark Bernard

Well... (I cant believe I am telling this) On the grid at BHF, I think it was in Supertwins...  I decided to try and mess with my fellow racers heads so.. waiting for the second wave to start, I decided that I would do the Chicken dance on the grid. The first wave took off and our 2 board came up. I quit doing my little arm flap and butt wiggle, pulled in the clutch, reved the motor, the 1 board came up... green flag... I popped the clutch and give it the gas... and NOTHING! I sat there, why? I forgot to put the Buell in first gear. Bikes where just flying by me as I sat there all the while thinking.... Well, I cant say what I was thinking on this board, but it wasnt very nice. All directed at my self of course for being such a dumb azz. I think I cusssed in my helmet for 3 laps. I was just thankful no one decided to drive up my back! Does that qualify??  :-[  ;D
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

H-man

Okay, I'll bite.

On behalf of all us newbies (a much preferred term than "noobs" - which could be pronounced "knobs"), what are the criteria for the potato head award?
Black Ops Racing
WERA/Fasttrax #42 (N)

"Life has a certain flavor for those who have fought and risked all that the sheltered and protected can never experience."  - John Stuart Mill

EM JAY

Ok, I'll share mine too then....

First one was at Topeka, not that big of a deal but I decided that one cool down lap wasn't enough...

Second at Blackhawk, wanting an awesome start, too high in the revs and pop the clutch=me on my back!   ;D
Michael Jordan
           CCS EX #??   ASRA #??
   01 SV Midwest
  Thanks to Expert Racing Ltd. in Chicago and Madness Custom Choppers of Fox Lake

Mark Bernard

H-Man... Your wheel stand at your first race would qualify I think. LOL! I heard it was quite entertaining. I just wish I could have seen it but I was too busy trying to keep my lead in that race.
Mark (Bernie) Bernard

Dawn

Last year's winner....

He was the only bike in the class, all he had to do is complete one lap to get first place.  He crashed on the first lap and was never scored for the race.

;)

Mark Bernard

Bummer...! I dont think I qualify then! LOL
Mark (Bernie) Bernard

Jeff

Did the person who was attending the Learning Curves school at BHF and went out onto the track BACKWARDS ever start racing?  That was definitely a winning moment...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

K3 Chris Onwiler

Can I nominate my favorite torpedo boat commander?
 ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;) ;) ;)
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Chef

I'm riding my buddies twin (aprilia 1000) Sunday and some guys are in town, who wanna get some miles in, and I get nominated to take em out for a ride...

well...   I show a peice of the riding that I do...

The twin doesnt slow as much as the 4 (929)  when you cut the gas....
of course I've got a couple favorite turns....

well one turn is about 120, 130 or so.....

I cut the gas, dip it in.....
UH OH... this is faster than I planned.....  
 :o

I end up with more lean angle and a very nice cherry on my knee
as I instinctively felt for the pavement.. in jeans...

YES, it left a mark!

Probably dont qualify, since it wasnt at an event, but since I've got you guys here to listen, thanks, I really needed to get that off my chest...
(and please, dont go tellin anyone...) ::)
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

Old808

QuoteLast year's winner....

He was the only bike in the class, all he had to do is complete one lap to get first place.  He crashed on the first lap and was never scored for the race.

;)
please tell me they pulled his license. ;D

spyderchick

Quote(and please, dont go tellin anyone...) ::)

Oh...our lips are sealed. ::) :o ;) :D ;D
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".