News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Laptimes Posted On the Web?

Started by smoke, May 24, 2004, 08:41:56 AM

smoke

I only ask because WERA does this now. The company that does the transponders post all time and places. I will look for the site a post it. Would CCS do this?

MadXX

Its at http://mylaps.com and it would be a nice idea.  Dont know how feasable it would be for CCS to use them.

ecumike

Yea, it would be great, but I'm not up for paying to rent or buy the transponder if they have to do that to use the system.

MadXX

I agree about paying extra for the transponders is a bad deal.  If we could get a file export out of the transponder computer system though it would be easy to whip up a web front end for it.

smoke

QuoteI agree about paying extra for the transponders is a bad deal.  If we could get a file export out of the transponder computer system though it would be easy to whip up a web front end for it.

I was thinking the same thing.  

Chuck

I am for posting lap times on the web, but I don't think it will ever happen.  We can't even get results or points posted, much less times posted at the track.  I doubt anyone at CCS will take on the extra work.  Kudos for trying though.

Eddie#200

QuoteI only ask because WERA does this now. The company that does the transponders post all time and places. I will look for the site a post it. Would CCS do this?

Can you rephrase your question?  Ask it more directly...  Do you want your laptimes posted on the web.  Yes or no... ;)

MadXX

It probably wont happen if it would require ccs to do a lot of work.  But what if a group of racers could work with them to get the info and then do the work themselves?

Chuck

um...that's the only way it will happen.  Let's remember we pay them, why should we have to do the work?  I'd like to see CCS do some things above and beyond the call of duty to make us happier racers.  With out us there is no CCS.  I'm negetive today if you can't already tell.

GregR6

I couldn't tell... ;D

Needless to say, this is my last yr with CCS...
I'd quit now if it wasn't for trying to maintain a Top 3 in my classes for the yr...  :-/

Chuck

You won't be alone.  I've been hearing nothing but gripes about the club this year.  It's too bad cause I really liked the schedule.  
I wish someone from CCS would be interested enough in the sport and thier job to stay up on the forum to get a read on riders opinions so they could make the changes...naw...that'd never work.  :P

ecumike

Well all I gotta say is that I think it's significantly better than last year.

I mean, c'mon guys.. we have free transponders, they post the laptimes at the races, online registration, and points/results are posted way faster than last year.

I mean shlt, if you want your lap times buy a freakin lap timer. Or just take a picture of the postings at the races.

I mean, ya can't make everyone happy all the time.

Just my .02