News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Laptimes Posted On the Web?

Started by smoke, May 24, 2004, 08:41:56 AM

Chuck

Problem is they DONT post lap times at races, you have to go ask for them at the tower.  When you go to the tower, the act like your bothering them.  Matter of fact I witnessed a staff member get chewed out for helping me when I went up there to look at them.  

Online registration...well I know I'm not the only one who's registration was lost due to doing it on line or faxing it in.  Hell I wasn't even on the grid the weekend at Gateway.  They where calling 1st call and I wasn't even listed on the grid for races I had "pre Registered for a week and a half in advance.  Once they got me written on the grid I was in the last row  :-/  (still hit turn one first  ;))

Free Transponders?  How else would a national club monitor race results?  It shouldn't have ever been our expense for them to keep track of whats going on on the track.

Results and points posted faster than last year?  Does that mean they updated it once every 6 rounds?  I haven't seen a Great Plains update since the 1st round!

As a 1st year Amature a lap timer is second on the list...right behind a second set of wheels.  Hell I could barely afford tire warmers.

ecumike

QuoteProblem is they DONT post lap times at races, you have to go ask for them at the tower.  When you go to the tower, the act like your bothering them.  Matter of fact I witnessed a staff member get chewed out for helping me when I went up there to look at them.  

Online registration...well I know I'm not the only one who's registration was lost due to doing it on line or faxing it in.  Hell I wasn't even on the grid the weekend at Gateway.  They where calling 1st call and I wasn't even listed on the grid for races I had "pre Registered for a week and a half in advance.  Once they got me written on the grid I was in the last row  :-/  (still hit turn one first  ;))

Free Transponders?  How else would a national club monitor race results?  It shouldn't have ever been our expense for them to keep track of whats going on on the track.

Results and points posted faster than last year?  Does that mean they updated it once every 6 rounds?  I haven't seen a Great Plains update since the 1st round!

As a 1st year Amature a lap timer is second on the list...right behind a second set of wheels.  Hell I could barely afford tire warmers.

OK...
Well, in the SE, at least, they post ALL the lap times on the boards (practice and races) in tech shed with the grids and results.

Remember, or maybe not, since you're new, that they don't HAVE to even give us our laps times. These things are for scoring, not giving out personal lap time. You should be happy that we even have these things in the first place.

OK online not working... then fax it in. BTW.. you have to pre-enter at least 2 weeks ahead.. maybe that's why you weren't on the grid.

Have you heard of WERA? If you race WERA you have to rent/purchase the transponders. So be glad you don't have to, instead of bltching about not getting your lap times.

Yea.. last year it would be like 1+ months sometimes before before results and points were updated. It's ALOT better this year. OK so maybe YOUR region is not getting updated.. .have you called CCS? I believe they can give you the info over the phone or in an email if you want. I think this topic has been covered may a times on this board already.

The things that we're getting this year & last year, I feel, are nice extras.
Really.. they don't have to have online reg, they don't have to have transponders to keep score, they don't have to post, or even keep the lap times.. the only thing that matters is who crosses the finish line in what order.

Instead of bltching about all this shlt, let's be a little thankful for all these 'new features' we have.

AND BTW... if it wasn't for CCS.. some of us wouldn't have a plave to race, instead of the other way around. Just be glad you at least have a choice of ORGs to race in.
[/rant]

smoke

QuoteWell all I gotta say is that I think it's significantly better than last year.

I mean, c'mon guys.. we have free transponders, they post the laptimes at the races, online registration, and points/results are posted way faster than last year.

I mean shlt, if you want your lap times buy a freakin lap timer. Or just take a picture of the postings at the races.

I mean, ya can't make everyone happy all the time.

Just my .02

U are right.. over all the grips are way down

Chuck

Then I must just be grumpy today.  >:(

r1owner

QuoteIt probably wont happen if it would require ccs to do a lot of work.  But what if a group of racers could work with them to get the info and then do the work themselves?

LOL, been offered and refused several times for timely posting of race results!  What a joke!

I could write code in less than a day that would allow them to upload race results and laptimes almost immediately!

ecumike

QuoteLOL, been offered and refused several times for timely posting of race results!  What a joke!

I could write code in less than a day that would allow them to upload race results and laptimes almost immediately!

Yup.. that's what I did for the USGPRU 125 & 250 National Championship series site:  www.usgpru.net/results.php

Thingy

QuoteIt probably wont happen if it would require ccs to do a lot of work.  But what if a group of racers could work with them to get the info and then do the work themselves?

That won't happen.  We have had multiple people volunteer to do the work over the last few years to track points, post them, etc.  If I remember correctly, there was some reason why they were not allowed to let non-employees do it.
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!

tzracer

The web site is run by CCE, not CCS. This year is the first year that they have allowed CCS to directly enter data to the web site (only certain pages, not full access). Before the season Kevin said the updates would be done as quickly as possible, time permitting. With Tiffiney out of the office, I am sure time is at a premium. CCE does not let non-employees work on the web site.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

Chuck

God forbid CCE stand by and watch someone do something with out making a profit.  

r1owner

QuoteYup.. that's what I did for the USGPRU 125 & 250 National Championship series site:  www.usgpru.net/results.php

Yeah, but that's php!  YUCK!!!! J/K ;)

r1owner

QuoteThat won't happen.  We have had multiple people volunteer to do the work over the last few years to track points, post them, etc.  If I remember correctly, there was some reason why they were not allowed to let non-employees do it.

OK, how about I write an application to track points and post them to the web.  They pay me 10K (J/K) for the application and run it on their computer.  Then, I'm not tracking and posting the points/laptimes, they are!

Woofentino Pugrossi

Also has anyone ever thought maybe the program they use CANT do web insertion for lap times?
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod