News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

BHF Crashfest

Started by GSXR RACER MIKE, May 09, 2004, 08:24:31 PM

lil_thorny

I don't care who, if anyone does that to me again and I figure out who it was while I am at the track. I am going to kick your ass nonetheless.    

Holy crap Dafan..you sound angry... what happened?
who took you out?
Benj.

KBOlsen

ARRRRRRGH  Sean!!!  :o

I'm so glad you're okay!  
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

motomadness

I'm doing okay.  I would be better if the world would just stop spinning.

MJ, so you did an "S-Dub" start.  That was definitely an embarrasing moment, but we all at least had a good laugh.  Are you okay?  I got mine captured on video for all of prosperity.

EM JAY

QuoteI'm doing okay.  I would be better if the world would just stop spinning.

MJ, so you did an "S-Dub" start.  That was definitely an embarrasing moment, but we all at least had a good laugh.  Are you okay?  I got mine captured on video for all of prosperity.

Yea, I still laugh when I think about it!  I just brusied the knee a bit.  Luckily I was gridded last so nobody was behind me.  I remember watching yours at the track and you saying that you were tired of not getting good starts....  

again, hope you feel better soon man!  
Michael Jordan
           CCS EX #??   ASRA #??
   01 SV Midwest
  Thanks to Expert Racing Ltd. in Chicago and Madness Custom Choppers of Fox Lake

DanO966

yep this was a brutal weekend!  lol
glad to hear everyone is okay for the most part.
btw, typing with one hand sucks...lol :P
DanO CCS/WERA/AMA/ASRA #966
Convergence Technologies/MD Racing
'12 Yamaha R6
'11 Yamaha R6

r6_philly

QuoteI don't care who, if anyone does that to me again and I figure out who it was while I am at the track. I am going to kick your ass nonetheless.    

Holy crap Dafan..you sound angry... what happened?
who took you out?
Benj.

you dang right I am angry. I am usually a very easy going guy, but when it comes to certain times...

I got ran off the track by Joe Ribiero. Who happen to be a very very fast 40+ year old guy. I pitted next to him at VIR and Summit. I was told by someone in that corner that he rode a wheelie out of turn 3, then missed me narrowly at the turn in of turn 4 (which is a 5th gear kink like daytona) . since he over shot the corner at that point (I started turning and he didn't) he had to scrub off speed just to make it through himself. So I had to stand my bike up, and start braking to not hit him. so we both slow down, until the edge of the track (at which time we are looking at a concrete wall lined with tires about 50 feet away, and I hit that twice last year). When he got to the edge of the track, he turned and stayed on the track, I turned when he turned, and I was in the dirt. I rode along the wall from turn 4 all the way to 5, and seeing I was still going way too fast to re-enter the track at 5 (there is curbing and a step-like to the racing surface from the dirt) I tried my best to slow down, and end up crashing in the dirt (there are large rocks and divits in the dirt). I thought I was going about 40 when I crashed, and it turned out more like 80. So I did a face plant in the dirt, flipped a few times and end up in the middle of the track while my bike cartwheeled to the other side of the track. I got up tried to run off the track so not to get hit by bikes, and I fell down because I was dizzy (mild concussion perhaps, I have headaches).

I passed the offender in the dirt because I could not slowed down enough, and me and my bike must have flipped themselves over right in front of him. There were 5 guys out on track at the time and we were all bunched together. I remembered 1 digit from his plate. "8"

so after the session, I talked to him to see if he knew what happened. He said he was no where near me and he didn't see anything.

I went and looked at the practice session's times. There are only 2 persons with "8" in there plate. me 818 and him 88.  but I wasn't sure so I didn't say nothing.

after I came home I was told by someone at trackside that it was 100% absolutely him.

and I knew the offender saw what happened. Again there were 5 guys in the practice session and this was the 2nd lap.

I am very angry.

I do not have a problem really with the incident, because like Dave said, it is racing, not trackdays.

but I do have problem. If I put anyone in danger because of my riding, I will admit my wrong, even if nothing else.

My first weekend at summit point I took out 8 guys on the start because I was a good starter, and everyone braked too much  ;D I got the worst one, got my ligament popped and everyone walked away. I was really sorry and talked to as many as who would talk to me and apologized.

I would like to see that from my fellow racers. We all make mistakes. but it would be nice to say "I am sorry", it goes a long way.

Jeff

Quotebtw, typing with one hand sucks...lol :P

I figured you'd be well practiced at that by now DanO  :P
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

GSXR RACER MIKE

QuoteI do not have a problem really with the incident, because like Dave said, it is racing, not trackdays.

If I put anyone in danger because of my riding, I will admit my wrong, even if nothing else.

I would like to see that from my fellow racers. We all make mistakes. but it would be nice to say "I am sorry", it goes a long way.

That was the hole point I was trying to make originally, I wasn't looking for sympathy (racing incidents happen, I accept that), I was just very dissapointed in the other rider involved and I vented about it. My injuries are relatively minor, and my bike faired well for what it went thru, those were more incidental statements that went along with my true complaint. Respect between fellow racers is something I have always admirred about this sport, I just feel that this person not owning up to it is not what I have come acustom to.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

CaSpEr_Dude

Nick pal is doing ok sholder is broke and he is beat up and his wife did come down to get his stuff sun. night all is well but she did tell me he will not return to racing at this point! he has hung his helmet up!!!!!
well we all have to get up and go to work on mon. so I hope some of you racer figure this out before someone get killed!

Super Dave

Super Dave

Kal

QuoteWork sucks...

So does crashing.  I've got the biggest black eye right now and I've had to retell the same story about 50 times....and it keeps getting better everytime I tell it.  ;D

Super Dave

See, it's still more fun than work...even when you crash... 8)
Super Dave