BHF Crashfest

Started by GSXR RACER MIKE, May 09, 2004, 08:24:31 PM

K3 Chris Onwiler

Sean Wyatt is a clean racer and a straight-up guy.  If he was in a multi bike wreck, he would most likely run straight to the other rider to see if he was OK, and be apologizing his butt off if he felt it was his fault.
(I know you said it wasn't him, but I'm just covering a buddy's butt.)
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Jeff

I brought Sean's GF over to him.  He was awake and cracking jokes, but took a HUGE knock to the noggin.  His Arai is flat on the back side.  Definitely saved his life.

The med squad watched him for a while and then sent him off for a scan.  Haven't heard anything other than that.....
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

diesel748

If anyone hears anything on Sean "monsta" Wyatt
please post it.
He is motomaddness on the board

lil_thorny

It was definately not Monsta.
Sean, I hope you are ok...I saw your lady walking with your gear past my pit..after your crash.

Mike, FYI the patches are fine...no grip change there.
NOT like RA. The big one in turn one and the other that you refered to in your early post are only visual
distractions.

I was repremanded this weekend for being " Out-of-control"  Hmmn... Bill Fuhrman and Phil came to my pits to say that a rider/s had complained about me.....I owned up to a race error while trying to take Simon on the brakes in T6 and had a polite pit discussion with another rider who got into my rear wheel as I passed him in T7. Gave him enough room
he said he didn't expect the pass and he stood up ever so slightly... no harm no foul...I entered the grass as I pushed wide and waited to re-enter the track. I could have waited to pass down the straightaway, but I would have lost so much drive...
oh well....another lesson learned. But back to the complaint. Not at any time was I "Out-of-control"
this weekend. This in "Expert" racing?
Guys...I can't speak for everyone, but the faster you
go, the more trust you have for your competitors.
I made the same pass on Stevie B in T1...he and I
pimped thru no prob. Start expecting closer racing.
You will be bumped, swiped, elbowed, ass smacked,
waved at, flipped the bird at, and maybe even punted off the track by Aaron Yates. That doesn't
mean that the racing is out of control, it could just mean that you need to go a little faster. Tez made a great pass on me going into T6 and I elbowed his
air Jordans on the way in... Was he out of control?
nope...just trying to catch Rosno like the rest of us.

So to whoever made the "complaint", take your skirt off and talk to me in the pits if I offend you on the track.

StumpysWife

QuoteYou will be bumped, swiped, elbowed, ass smacked,
waved at, flipped the bird at, and maybe even punted off the track by Aaron Yates.

This reminds me...Stumpy says on the way home, "Someone slapped me on the ass so hard on pit road after a race, it hurt!  Did you see who it was?"  Whoever it is.........keep it up!   ;)

If out of control is flipping off my husband in the carousel, then that's you, Benji.  Hee hee.  Wow....

Heather

lil_thorny

QuoteThis reminds me...Stumpy says on the way home, "Someone slapped me on the ass so hard on pit road after a race, it hurt!  Did you see who it was?"  Whoever it is.........keep it up!   ;)

If out of control is flipping off my husband in the carousel, then that's you, Benji.  Hee hee.  Wow....

Heather

I thought for sure that camera would be on...it's a Thornton thing. You missed the on track pelvis
thrusting by your husband. I gave him the "na na na na boo boo" with my butt in the air and he passed
me back going into the buss stop...and proceeded to thrust his hips in a procreational style.  BTW, I did get out with Robbie on Monday...the lap times would be considered quite offensive to the mortal riders.
I was hanging tough with the guy for 6 laps or so while he waved me to catch and pass him...he was doing high 11's and waving at me... I was 5-6 bikes behind......
not on the suzuki as you know ;)
 I come back to the pits and Samantha and PJ come over to me and say " I can't believe you were hanging with Robbie for so long...we thought that you would crash trying to catch him" I told them that
even though I was going better than ever, he was freaking waving at me and egging me on. it was well
worth the learning experience. The R6... all I can say is "WOW"
I am riding a turd.
Benj.

Mark Bernard

Sorry about your mishap Mike. I'm just glad your allright. And you too Rob. It was absolutly no problem to take your bike back for you. Pushing your own bike back to your pits alone after a crash is is a long lonley tiring walk. Glad I could help. The Kegel boys are always here to help whenever we can. I would like to say to Rick Brewer and Dean Hagaman "thank you" for the invaluable input and ideas yestery at the advanced school. What an eye opener!! And to Billy Casper and Motovid.com.... that video was AWSOME!! Video taping my second school session was the best money I have ever spent! What an incredable learning tool this is especially in conjunction with the Learning Curves advanced school. I just cant say enough about this new venture. And as far as me going to the track and racing alone.... Well, as those of you that know me, Becky is always there making sure I am safe and have my head screwed on right! Thanks Beck!! All in all for the first weekend back at it, It was a blast! Great seeing everyone again!
Mark B.
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

Jeff

Benji, you seemed to get tangled up in a lot of messes this weekend.  Either that, or I was just fortunate enough to have entered the only races where you did :)

I ended up going around you 3x while you and another rider swapped spit through turns.  Then you'd come back within a lap or two and make it around me.  

You didn't stuff me or get too close for my comfort, but following you into a turn while coming up on another rider got to be quite interesting  8)

There were a lot of people who were ALL over the track.  But it's early in the season I guess....  With any luck we'll all live through it
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

GSXR RACER MIKE

Just to put some legitimacy to my complaint, I have only really complained about 1 other rider in my 8 years of racing, and that was a street rider that made a very sudden move during the Team Suzuki Endurance School back in '96 (which caused me to crash while avoiding him).

I have been run off the track before, swapped paint many times, crashed before, and I have passed and been passed many times before. I know about not freaking out and going off the track, this guy forced me off the track, I had no real choice in the matter. My sole complaint was the location of that pass since my '99 GSXR 600 with my 230 lb. self on it can easily be out accelerated by almost every bike in the classes I race.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Woofentino Pugrossi

QuoteStupid Question

If someone trys to stuff you into a corner like that can you use self defense and try to kick them out of the way.

And if a cornerworker sees that, you can rest assured you will be having a chat with the race director and might end up packing your stuff up. ;D
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

lil_thorny

QuoteBenji, you seemed to get tangled up in a lot of messes this weekend.  Either that, or I was just fortunate enough to have entered the only races where you did :)

I ended up going around you 3x while you and another rider swapped spit through turns.  Then you'd come back within a lap or two and make it around me.  

You didn't stuff me or get too close for my comfort, but following you into a turn while coming up on another rider got to be quite interesting  8)

There were a lot of people who were ALL over the track.  But it's early in the season I guess....  With any luck we'll all live through it

Those messes are from about 6th place and farther back.... I remember you passing me one time when I over shot 6 while passing Simon...
I don't want to sound like a rooster ;), but I'm not going to settle in behind someone slower just because the pass looks too scary.  :'(  There is a reason why there are guys who are fast and those that aren't. The faster guys get it done. Jeff, I was battling Tez, Purky, and Rosno, not the guy 2 riders in front of you.
It was my fault for having bad starts and making an
error or two. You think that following me was interesting...you should have been behind me and Jeff as we went thru traffic as 1. That was not interesting but dang fun....ask Stumpy how he felt when Purk and I sandwiched him in T7...did he complain? nope..he smiled at me and said wow! I wish I had a horn ;D
doing 13's is one thing, but to do it around traffic....
welcome aboard the expert train.

Benj.

TZDeSioux

If anyone has any updates on Sean.. please post it.